Polian Says "Colts Had a 1st Round Grade on Brady"

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Miranda was a CB that the Colts selected in the 1999 draft. Brady was taken in the 2000 draft.

But it's still bull ****. There was nothing in his college career to suggest he would be any good and as a result no one had a grade higher than 6th round on him, otherwise he'd have been taken before then.

No kidding. Where did he even go to college? And did he start or win any games?

Other than 1997, "a lot of games" was 8 or 9 a year in the 8 years before Brady was starter.

And Russell Wilson is too short to succeed in the NFL, while we're at it.

I'm talking the Lloyd Carr era. After his first 2 seasons there, they won a lot of games both with Brady and without.

And while teams didn't have Brady rated highly in the draft, he proved them wrong, which was the point. Had Polian/the Colts really had him as a 1st rounder, they'd have taken him in the 4th, and would have any other team that had him rated fairly high. And if the Cheaters knew how good he was, they never would have waited until the end of the 6th round.

Edited by Doc

Why is this hard to believe? OK so if they drafted Tom Brady with Peyton as their starter, then what? Gonna trade Tom Brady for a 2nd or 3rd rounder to some team that didn't think highly of him? They didn't need a QB so they didn't draft one. What good would drafting Tom Brady have done? He wouldn't start over Peyton and no team would've given them a high draft pick for him.

It's not like every other team thought highly of him. They needed defensive help so they went defense heavy in that draft.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

I'm talking the Lloyd Carr era. After his first 2 seasons there, they won a lot of games both with Brady and without.

And while teams didn't have Brady rated highly in the draft, he proved them wrong, which was the point. Had Polian/the Colts really had him as a 1st rounder, they'd have taken him in the 4th, and would have any other team that had him rated fairly high. And if the Cheaters knew how good he was, they never would have waited until the end of the 6th round.

I have no doubt that Pete Carroll had Wilson ranked higher than a 3rd rounder, but he knew guys who REALLY needed a QB were dummies like Buddy, who were stuck on the "too short" nonsense. I'm guessing BB knew the market for Brady was also "deflated" and knew he could be had with a lower pick. After he was still there after the 4th round, I bet BB knew he could have him at any round after.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Holy crap. As Winnie the Pooh has been known to say:

883941d118d654b163c6ab8ea8f1ce1a.jpg

Hilarious

Baloney. Brady, while certainly not a top one or two round pick out of college, was still excellent. The reason he fell so far is because he was built like a !@#$ing doughboy, which caused teams to question his dedication and work ethic.

Thats how i remember it. He was built like an accountant and had no athleticism WHATSOEVER

No kidding. Where did he even go to college? And did he start or win any games?

Michigan

Or were you being sarcastic?

I have no doubt that Pete Carroll had Wilson ranked higher than a 3rd rounder, but he knew guys who REALLY needed a QB were dummies like Buddy, who were stuck on the "too short" nonsense. I'm guessing BB knew the market for Brady was also "deflated" and knew he could be had with a lower pick. After he was still there after the 4th round, I bet BB knew he could have him at any round after.

You can't be serious here. If either of these guys knew that a franchise qb was on the board, they'd have taken them with their first rounder. Its way too risky to play the game you think they were playing.

If the horseshoes really rated him that highly why would they let him slip through 5 rounds? Seems to me if you are in the 5th round, even with Peyton as your QB, you would take the guy for depth.

Yes, absolutely right. I've been saying for years that Brady is the luckiest pick in the history of the draft. Anybody that had idea that he would even be a starter, much less what he's become would have grabbed him by the 3rd round.... and even the Colts having Peyton would have grabbed him in the 4th round, if just to set up a Rob Johnson trade later...

Baloney. Brady, while certainly not a top one or two round pick out of college, was still excellent. The reason he fell so far is because he was built like a !@#$ing doughboy, which caused teams to question his dedication and work ethic.

Brady couldn't even beat out the other QBs on the team to start. He just waited until they graduated. He had good stats, but no personal accolades.

..and from what I understand he was in danger of being cut by the Patriots until he stole coaching notes (a cheater from the start apparently) and then tailored his work to what he read in the notes.

Edited by jeremy2020

Paul Miranda was a CB that the Colts selected in the 1999 draft. Brady was taken in the 2000 draft.

But it's still bull ****. There was nothing in his college career to suggest he would be any good and as a result no one had a grade higher than 6th round on him, otherwise he'd have been taken before then.

Matt Millen had a first round grade on Paul Miranda.