McCoy left today's practice with tight hamstring...Uh Oh

Big Turk

Boo! Get an impact player who is 27 for a player coming off a missed season with an ACL? This trade could certainly go either way, and you are right that time will tell, but we got talent on a discount because Chip Kelly wants to run every aspect of his show.

As for the aging, we are all aging, but at 27 Thurman had the most carries of his career followed by three more 1000+ seasons in a row. Faulk went over 2000 yards from scrimmage at 27 and 28.

I'm not betting on 30 year old Shady to be an impact player, but I'm excited about 27 year old Shady playing for us this year, and 28 year old Shady playing for us next year. If his total carries go down as part of a combo with Karlos, his production and longevity might both go up as a result.

I like you optimism, and you bring up some good examples. But, they are the exceptions and not the rule. 4 years from now a 9 million cap hit or cut him for 5 million in dead money. and I hat to be a nay sayer about my Bills but......

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like you optimism, and you bring up some good examples. But, they are the exceptions and not the rule. 4 years from now a 9 million cap hit or cut him for 5 million in dead money. and I hat to be a nay sayer about my Bills but......

You're absolutely right, but nobody is in the mood for the truth. Especially not the last few weeks. It was a stupid trade and a stupider contract extension, but likely not something the Bills can't recover from.

You're absolutely right, but nobody is in the mood for the truth. Especially not the last few weeks. It was a stupid trade and a stupider contract extension, but likely not something the Bills can't recover from.

agreed!! Great point and with RB in might be easier to recover from especially if the rookie continues to exceed expectations. They could have a a cheap RB for the next 4 years that would help offset the cap hit.

I hope I am wrong and Shady goes to another 3 or 4 pro bowls.

These kinds of lingering injuries happen with increasing frequency when RBs get old and have a lot of mileage. I think we heard that about 5,000 times this summer so why is anyone surprised?

McCoy is 27.

What was Thurman's workload up to this point in his career? He was almost never hurt.

Gore, AP, Lynch...all 3 plus years older and all are rarely injured.

We should get 2 peak years out of McCoy without question.

Thurman: 1,731 carries by 27.

McCoy who just turned 27 is at 1,478 carries.

2 more peak years. That's what I'd expect.

Edited by Big Blitz

McCoy is 27. What was Thurman's workload up to this point in his career? He was almost never hurt. Gore, AP, Lynch...all 3 plus years older and all are rarely injured. We should get 2 peak years out of McCoy without question. Thurman: 1,731 carries by 27. McCoy who just turned 27 is at 1,478 carries. 2 more peak years. That's what I'd expect.

This is kind of why I hope Karlos gets going. We can extend those 2 years to 4 years if we can lighten up the load for McCoy, and still get good production from the position.

McCoy is 27. What was Thurman's workload up to this point in his career? He was almost never hurt. Gore, AP, Lynch...all 3 plus years older and all are rarely injured. We should get 2 peak years out of McCoy without question. Thurman: 1,731 carries by 27. McCoy who just turned 27 is at 1,478 carries. 2 more peak years. That's what I'd expect.

Wasn't he injured for half the game last week?

Give up a good or very good LB that has 2 cheap years left.

Get the privilege to pay huge dollars for a aging RB for the next several years, who said he didnt want to come here and trashed his old coach.

Time will tell..

Brown and Bradham made Kiko expendable. It's as simple as that.

Aging? We're all aging.

Didn't want to come here? Instant reaction, blown out of proportion and completely irrelevant

Trashed old coach? There's a lot of that going around.

Shady is what we wanted CJ to be, and he'll be very good for at least 2-3 years.

McCoy missed most of training camp. It's likely just soreness (like a distance runner would get) that's no big deal. Not an injury, just sore from use in the first game. He will be ready for Pats**** game.

OMG.....can we actually wait until he DOES NOT PLAY for the chicken littles run for friggen cover!

Christ

apparently not. Time to start bashing this trade. The anti-Whaley folks are quite silly.

Just shut him down, let him truly heal, and place your trust in Karlos Williams. He is more of a downhill runner like Dixon to run behind Felton. McCoy is amazing in space and needs healthy legs.

I'd rather lose him for a week or 2 and come back 100%. This stuff about how old he is nuts. He's only 27. He'll be fine.

I fully agree with you. People are reacting as if losing a running back is like losing a quarterback. It's not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but it's also not the most cerebral position where a rookie can't adequately replace an experienced running back. It all comes down to opening up holes on the offensive line and the running back protecting the ball. As you have seen with New England for years, they never invested in an elite running back and still managed to do well because of good quarterback play. As long as Tyrod plays like he did last week then it doesn't matter if McCoy is out for a week or two. They should let him heal and come back 100% to really allow him to reach his full potential.