Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@C_DeDominicis10

NEW: The #Sabres Pursuing Drake Caggiula. Buffalo is after another NCAA UFA, this time Frozen 4 MVP #Cagguila http://wp.me/p17Rp0-15RM

#THW

proxy.jpg?t=HBhfaHR0cDovLzM5NTEtcHJlc3Nj

I've been following a lot of the buzz on Twitter, and it sounds like several teams (Sens, Flyers, Hawks...) think that they are winning the race for Caggiula. I happen to think we have as good a chance as any.

I've been following a lot of the buzz on Twitter, and it sounds like several teams (Sens, Flyers, Hawks...) think that they are winning the race for Caggiula. I happen to think we have as good a chance as any.

I think it'll come down to us and the Blackhawks. Toews' North Dakota pedigree and their talented lineup make them very attractive, especially since he'd go to a team that needs to add low-cost talent that can step in right away. He'll get the rookie max on his ELC, regardless.

GO SABRES!!!

@HackswithHaggs

Sometimes tough to gauge the validity of these things, but there are whispers of Jimmy Vesey interest in Buffalo, and playing w/Jack Eichel

I thought he was the guy who everybody thought would go the Bruins and then went somewhere else? Did I just make all that up?!?

I thought he was the guy who everybody thought would go the Bruins and then went somewhere else? Did I just make all that up?!?

You're soooo close. He went to Harvard, and Nashville has his rights until August, and he told them he would sign there, but he's since decided he's gonna go somewhere else.

Well, there was this - but then I thought after this post that he signed with somebody surprisingly. Maybe it was only reported:

photo-thumb-1597.jpg?_r=1447456974 Posted by 26CornerBlitz on 30 March 2016 - 10:08 AM in Off the Wall

@HackswithHaggs

Harvard captain & Nashville Predators pariah Jimmy Vesey will sign w/the Bruins, according to a Boston Herald report

https://t.co/8pm21pMofX

I don't think he could do that. Wouldn't that be tampering? Unless his rights were somehow transferred, I guess.

I don't think he could do that. Wouldn't that be tampering? Unless his rights were somehow transferred, I guess.

My understanding is that the Predators have the rights to him for a period of time. After that time the college player becomes a free agent. So at a set date (soon to come) Vesey can sign for any team he wants to.

My understanding is that the Predators have the rights to him for a period of time. After that time the college player becomes a free agent. So at a set date (soon to come) Vesey can sign for any team he wants to.

August 15th Vesey becomes a Free Agent.

@BuffNewsVogl

NBCSN has released its ratings for the season. Buffalo remains a ratings champ.

Cf31vXXW4AM1CVj.jpg

Yeah, and to have a deal worked out before August 15th would probably be tampering, unless his rights were transferred before then.

The rebuilding script is a time tested formula that most rebuilding teams follow. One of the worst positions to be in is being in the middle of the pack. Too high to get the best draft talent and too low to be a serious contending team. Toronto was one of those organizations that didn't believe that their fan base and Toronto media would tolerate a strategic plummet to better position themselves for a rise. So the franchise ended up muddling along for a generation and made no one satisfied.

It must be recalled that Pegula tried the free agent route in his first year of ownership. It was a disaster and a waste of money. Once the organization settled on a rebuild strategy and added to some of the young talent that Reger already brought in the rebuild was accelerated.

Welcome to your BUFFALO BILLS!!! (different sport, I know, & very different dynamics, but that is the place the Bills have found themselves for most of the past 15 seasons)

Welcome to your BUFFALO BILLS!!! (different sport, I know, & very different dynamics, but that is the place the Bills have found themselves for most of the past 15 seasons)

Your point is well made. But until Pegula entered the picture this organization in general under the prior owner was run in a second rate manner. Before you get to the issue of talent you have to invest and build a first rate football organization. That wasn't done here. Bringing in Marv Levy (a good man) to be the head of your football operation made no sense. When he left he was replaced by Brandon, a top tier marketing man. No franchise that has a habit of having those caliber of football people managing the operation is going to succeed in such a highly competitive field of endeavor.

Rumors a swirling down here that Vesey may turn down the Bruins to go up there and play with Jack. It's hard to tell if it's just posturing by him and his family or if he has changed his mind about staying local. Things certainly seem to be trending towards him going elsewhere.

Rumors a swirling down here that Vesey may turn down the Bruins to go up there and play with Jack. It's hard to tell if it's just posturing by him and his family or if he has changed his mind about staying local. Things certainly seem to be trending towards him going elsewhere.

I thought Vessey's dad didn't want him to sign with the Bruins because of the pressure of playing for your hometown team?

I'm not sure what there would be to posture about as he will be getting the max contract wherever he signs but I like what you are hearing

I thought Vessey's dad didn't want him to sign with the Bruins because of the pressure of playing for your hometown team?

Few different things coming out but that is one train of thought. His dad seems heavily involved in the process. At this point id be surprised if he signed with the Bruins, it looks like they are setting the stage to go play with Jack again.