Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumors a swirling down here that Vesey may turn down the Bruins to go up there and play with Jack. It's hard to tell if it's just posturing by him and his family or if he has changed his mind about staying local. Things certainly seem to be trending towards him going elsewhere.

42°54′N Buffalo's latitude

42°21′N Boston's latitude

Man, that is really splitting hairs calling us up there and you down here.

I thought Vessey's dad didn't want him to sign with the Bruins because of the pressure of playing for your hometown team?

I'd rather have Caggiula if it came down to one or the other.

GO SABRES!!!

42°54′N Buffalo's latitude

42°21′N Boston's latitude

Man, that is really splitting hairs calling us up there and you down here.

Come on everyone knows Buffalo is the Great White North. No one goes there unless they are joining the Night's Watch.

When is the lottery this year?

How about next year's lottery? Even the optimistic guys in this thread seem to think playoffs are a long shot next year. Are the 2017 lottery rules the same as 2016? 2018?

Yes. Edmonton gets the first pick in each of those years.

@Sportsnet

Worry not, playoff outcasts: @DownGoesBrown can find hope nearby for all of you. http://sprtsnt.ca/1VgBqJF

CgaWw6fWcAAFID_.jpg

Buffalo Sabres

The issue: They’ve done everything right on their rebuild. But now they have to make the long transition back to contenders.

But just look at: The Blackhawks. You never know how long a rebuild will take. Some teams flip the switch fairly quickly. Some need season after season of baby steps. Some never get there at all. But if you’re a Sabres fan looking for optimism, you’re going to skip those last two groups and focus on one of the teams that made a quick jump. That would the Blackhawks, who had back-to-back top three picks in 2006 and 2007, just like the Sabres in 2014 and 2015. Chicago made enough strides to crack the 80-point mark in 2008, just like the Sabres did this year. And then it was off to the races – or to the conference finals, more specifically, followed by three Cups in six years. Is that a realistic possibility for the Sabres? Well… remember, we said we were all about hope today, so let’s call it the best case scenario

When is the lottery this year?

How about next year's lottery? Even the optimistic guys in this thread seem to think playoffs are a long shot next year. Are the 2017 lottery rules the same as 2016? 2018?

Lottery is April 30th. GMTM has done an excellent job with the rebuild. A strong off-season would set the Sabres up for a plausible run at the playoffs. Long shot is too pessimistic, imo.

Lottery is April 30th. GMTM has done an excellent job with the rebuild. A strong off-season would set the Sabres up for a plausible run at the playoffs. Long shot is too pessimistic, imo.

I agree that it is pessimistic but I have been reading this thread and it seems to be where the "hockey guys" have settled. It seems like they think the Sabres will make the playoffs some time before 2020 but maybe not much sooner. That does not seem right to me. Half the friggin league makes the playoffs. Even so, they think this is an awesome scenario. All of it leaves me confused.

When I have had the opportunity to watch them they look like a playoff team VERY soon assuming one of their horrifyingly bad goalies improves or they upgrade the position through trade or FA. The pucks will go in the nets for them next year. If they can keep some out I think they should make it and be a team that nobody really wants to play.

I agree that it is pessimistic but I have been reading this thread and it seems to be where the "hockey guys" have settled. It seems like they think the Sabres will make the playoffs some time before 2020 but maybe not much sooner. That does not seem right to me. Half the friggin league makes the playoffs. Even so, they think this is an awesome scenario. All of it leaves me confused.

When I have had the opportunity to watch them they look like a playoff team VERY soon assuming one of their horrifyingly bad goalies improves or they upgrade the position through trade or FA. The pucks will go in the nets for them next year. If they can keep some out I think they should make it and be a team that nobody really wants to play.

Trolling again I see...the Sabres will be legitimate playoff contenders next season and just about every "hockey guy" believes that.