Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

What's the consensus around here on Ennis? Do we think his return is a significant addition next season, or would we prefer he moves on?

I think he should retire. He said on the radio this morning that he suffered two concussions this season. One a few games in and one just a few after he returned. It cost him 59 games.

He should seriously take a hard look at the decision that AJ Tarpley just made with the Bills.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BillHoppeNHL

Finishing .500 would mean a whole lot to the #Sabres http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/long-recovery-from-concussion-worried-sabres-tyler-ennis/

"That’s something we battled to get and we want." #Buffalo

New blog: The nerves #Sabres goalie Jason Kasdorf will feel before his NHL debut will be good http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-goalie-jason-kasdorf-ready-for-nhl-debut/

W/tonight's lineup

@BuffaloSabres

1f3a5.png Coach Bylsma's pregame comments: http://bufsabres.co/mPnv2w

#CBJvsBUF
CfimSzAWwAA5_Hr.jpg

"It's great to play in front of fans like this" @Dan_Dunleavy's preview focuses on the fans http://bufsabres.co/iJeM4O

Cfi1hNZXEAEN-l9.jpg
Cfi_P6rWsAAYKaa.jpg
Cfi_P3_WQAEDI-3.jpg
Cfi_P-SW4AEkLb_.jpg

Jack Eichel has had a rookie season to remember. Here's another stat that has him in elite company (see: rafters).

CfjD8sYUEAAsi6E.jpg
NEWS: The Sabres have assigned Nathan Lieuwen to @AmerksHockey.

@BNHarrington

#Sabres announce end-of-season presser with GMTM and Bylsma will be Monday at 3 pm. Praise be.

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres will waste no time once season ends: Players will clean out lockers Sunday, and Tim Murray and Dan Bylsma will talk Monday.

Tim Murray also says on weekly radio show that NHL can save paper from invite because he will not be attending the draft lottery.

Murray says Sabres probably will be represented at the draft lottery by someone else in organization. But definitely not him.

4-8: TIM MURRAY ON WGR (23:48)

I think he should retire. He said on the radio this morning that he suffered two concussions this season. One a few games in and one just a few after he returned. It cost him 59 games.

He should seriously take a hard look at the decision that AJ Tarpley just made with the Bills.

This is where I am, especially following reports thay his concussion caused him to suffer seizures.

That said, if he wants to come back, I think he will be an upgrade from this year's lineup.

Kevin Sylvester is leaving Sabres Hockey Hotline to do Golf commentary. Sounds good to me.

@kevsylvester

Yes, today is my last @SabresHotline. It's been a great 11 years with @BuffaloSabres. Next event for @PGATOUREnt is Valero Texas Open

Where's he going to be doing golf commentary? I thought he always had a weekly show on GR or somewhere, but that was on Saturdays.

Where's he going to be doing golf commentary? I thought he always had a weekly show on GR or somewhere, but that was on Saturdays.

@BWipp

Congratulations @kevsylvester on your Next Chapter - PGA Tour Radio. You'll do great, I'll be listening!

@BuffaloSabres

Here's our lineup for Fan Appreciation Night. 3 @NHL debuts - Schneider, Rodrigues, Kasdorf. #CBJvsBUF

CfjfqiCWIAEsipB.jpg

hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpgVS. UMzYFrkz_200x200.jpg

495287078_slide.jpg

SABRES (34-36-9) at ISLANDERS (45-26-9)

SAT APR 9, 2016 @ 7:30 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Islanders, without Lee, pursuing third in Metro - New York will avoid wild card with wins against Sabres, then Flyers

Season series: The Buffalo Sabres and New York Islanders have split two games, with the road team winning 2-1 in each. The Sabres scored twice in the third period at Barclays Center on Nov. 1; the Islanders got 42 saves by Thomas Greiss to win at First Niagara Center on New Year's Eve.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 358)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 81 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 44 games
Cody Franson (neck, Feb. 21) – 22 games
Robin Lehner (ankle, March 18) – 10 games
Evander Kane (upper body, March 29) – 5 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
4/5: Recalled F Justin Bailey from Rochester (AHL)
4/6: Assigned F Justin Bailey to Rochester (AHL)
4/7: Recalled F Evan Rodrigues and F Cole Schneider from Rochester (AHL); Assigned G Nathan Lieuwen to Rochester (AHL)

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at ISLANDERS
This is third and final meeting between the Sabres and Islanders this season.
Last meeting: New York defeated Buffalo, 2-1, in Buffalo on Dec. 31
The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Islanders; 5-4-1 on the road.
This is the 162nd game all-time between Buffalo and New York; Buffalo has a 78-60-23 series record.
The Sabres are 35-34-12 on the road against the Islanders all-time.

Morning Skate
April 9, 2016 from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM at Barclays Center

Locker Room Cleanout (Player Availability)
April 10, 2016 from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM at First Niagara Center

End-of-Season Press Conference
April 11, 2016 at 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM in First Niagara Center Press Conference Room

Well, end of the line. I would say this season was a huge success as a building block to the future. The guys we have so much hope in all exceeded expectations for me at least. The future is very bright.

I have WAY more confidence the sabres are on a path to be legit championship contenders than the bills are. And by a long shot. The sabres are totally going in the right direction. This off season should be exciting too. I can see TMGM trying to wheel and deal for a top 2 defensemen and top 6 winger. Very exciting to be a sabres fan. I keep telling my son to get interested in this team because he will watch them grow into winners.

Well, end of the line. I would say this season was a huge success as a building block to the future. The guys we have so much hope in all exceeded expectations for me at least. The future is very bright.

I have WAY more confidence the sabres are on a path to be legit championship contenders than the bills are. And by a long shot. The sabres are totally going in the right direction. This off season should be exciting too. I can see TMGM trying to wheel and deal for a top 2 defensemen and top 6 winger. Very exciting to be a sabres fan. I keep telling my son to get interested in this team because he will watch them grow into winners.

I see the GM coming up with a top six forward (as you noted) such as Hall from Edmonton or even a young forward from Colorado. Maybe he might deal for a player such as the immature Drouin who has a lot of offensive potential. What will we give up in exchange? Maybe one of our young defensemen such as Pysk or McCabe, both of which I like.

I still see Ennis as being on one of the top two lines. As far as I am concerned he is a bonus pick for us. There is no doubt that he is going to be motivated to have a good offseason to get ready for the upcoming season.

I echo your optimism on the team. If the Sabres don't make the playoffs next year I will be very disappointed.