Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

This link is today's WGR's podcast of Hockey Hotline for the first hour. It is the first hour with Kevin Sylvester and Danny Gare sitting in for Peters. There was a discussion about O'Reilly and an assessment of this year's season. They also discussed the possible pursuit of Stamkos. Very enjoyable hockey talk. This segment was 42 minutes.

If someone else posted this link I apologize for the duplication.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/114468134/04-04-hockey-hotline-hr-1.htm

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BuffNewsVogl

After another price hike, Sabres season-ticket holders share their thoughts on what's good and what could be better.

While I appreciate the Buffalo News reporters sticking up for the poor, abused, downtrodden fans like myself, I personally don't care about giveaways, special nights or mascots doing the Macarena. I come to the games, I watch, I leave. I like not getting too badly ripped off for concessions or wait in too long a line. Paper towels in the dispensers are a plus. Beyond that, I don't care. Sabres winning? That I care about.

As for the draft lottery, keep in mind this year the lottery picks the top 3 spots. Play with the NHL Draft Lottery simulator:

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

I just did it and Vancouver was #1, friggin' Edmonton was #2 and the Sabres were #3. So even if we keep winning we still have a shot at the top 3.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

While I appreciate the Buffalo News reporters sticking up for the poor, abused, downtrodden fans like myself, I personally don't care about giveaways, special nights or mascots doing the Macarena. I come to the games, I watch, I leave. I like not getting too badly ripped off for concessions or wait in too long a line. Paper towels in the dispensers are a plus. Beyond that, I don't care. Sabres winning? That I care about.

As for the draft lottery, keep in mind this year the lottery picks the top 3 spots. Play with the NHL Draft Lottery simulator:

I just did it and Vancouver was #1, friggin' Edmonton was #2 and the Sabres were #3. So even if we keep winning we still have a shot at the top 3.

Thanks for the simulator link. just did it. Winnipeg Edmonton Toronto. Buffalo #7 Pretty cool.

Edited by thebug

Loved seeing Harrington get torn to shreds on twitter this weekend by Wyshinski. The 3 clowns at the BN who loved to do nothing but criticize cry like little babies when someone ( not just us idiotic fans) goes to town and criticizes them. Whether you agree or not with the O'reilly for Masterton....it was pure joy to read.

BTW, prolly not the place for it...but does it bother anyone else that there is a statue of Tim Horton downtown? Bothers the hell out of me.

Loved seeing Harrington get torn to shreds on twitter this weekend by Wyshinski. The 3 clowns at the BN who loved to do nothing but criticize cry like little babies when someone ( not just us idiotic fans) goes to town and criticizes them. Whether you agree or not with the O'reilly for Masterton....it was pure joy to read.

BTW, prolly not the place for it...but does it bother anyone else that there is a statue of Tim Horton downtown? Bothers the hell out of me.

Bother me? Why? Horton was a Sabre when he lost his life in that car accident. I think it's cool that Buffalo is the one Tim Hortons that shows the man behind the brand name.

Bother me? Why? Horton was a Sabre when he lost his life in that car accident. I think it's cool that Buffalo is the one Tim Hortons that shows the man behind the brand name.

2x the legal limit , half full bottle of vodka found in the car, speeding like crazy on the QEW. 3 other drugs found in the car, and traces of one them found in his blood. Lucky as chit i guess it was 4am and not earlier, when he could have wiped out a family on the QEW.

If someone else had been killed by his actions, do you think there would still be a statue?

Edited by plenzmd1

hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpgVS. UBOxuP0w_200x200.jpg

cut.jpg

SABRES (33-35-11) at DEVILS (37-34-8)

TUE APR 5, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres' Eichel, O'Reilly questionable for Tuesday - Buffalo forwards take maintenance days Monday, status uncertain against Devils

Season series: The New Jersey Devils have defeated the Buffalo Sabres at First Niagara Center twice. Adam Henrique had two goals and an assist in New Jersey's 4-3 win on Oct. 24. Cory Schneider made 25 saves and the Devils shut out the Sabres 2-0 on Dec. 15. Ryan O'Reilly has a goal and two assists for Buffalo.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 347)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 79 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 42 games
Cody Franson (neck, Feb. 21) – 20 games
Jason Kasdorf (lower body, March 16) – 9 games
Robin Lehner (ankle, March 18) – 8 games
Evander Kane (upper body, March 29) – 3 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, April 8: Columbus at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 9: Buffalo at NY Islanders, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at DEVILS
This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Devils this season.
Last meeting: New Jersey defeated Buffalo, 2-0, in Buffalo on Dec. 15
The Sabres are 3-4-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Devils; 4-3-3 on the road.
This is the 148th game all-time between Buffalo and New Jersey; Buffalo has a 73-49-25 series record.
The Sabres are 33-24-15 on the road against the Devils all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

Sabres set goal of finishing season .500: http://bufsabres.co/jbcmxy

CfODtsQXEAEVKwc.jpg

Coach Bylsma sees positives as team hits final stretch of season; post-practice comments: http://bufsabres.co/ba1P79

CfOi1hAWAAAoWvp.jpg

Who has influenced the Sabres most this year? @duffersabres asked around in the locker room: http://bufsabres.co/JFqOe4

CfOkAwXWQAAWupu.jpg

2x the legal limit , half full bottle of vodka found in the car, speeding like crazy on the QEW. 3 other drugs found in the car, and traces of one them found in his blood. Lucky as chit i guess it was 4am and not earlier, when he could have wiped out a family on the QEW.

If someone else had been killed by his actions, do you think there would still be a statue?

I'm right there with you. The whole thing is very awkward

Remember when they shut the escalators off in the Aud during the 1970's? To save power/energy? Oh the travesty! LoL...

Different era... Still not right, but way too uptight about it. Yes it is awkward, but who dwells on the what ifs?

I knew he was going really fast. I never knew about the vodka and drugs. What were the drugs?

I knew he was going really fast. I never knew about the vodka and drugs. What were the drugs?

article here..

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/marking-tim-hortons-death-40-years-after

I know it was the early seventies, and yes he was a hero to so many of us at that time...but even then driving drunk was driving drunk. Going 110MPH is just flat out irresponsible.

On hand its one mistake...on the other he put so many others in the path of danger its a wonder he was the only one killed.

Different era... Still not right, but way too uptight about it. Yes it is awkward, but who dwells on the what ifs?

This is just flat out crazy...not uptight about it, i am right about no one should drive drunk

article here..

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/marking-tim-hortons-death-40-years-after

I know it was the early seventies, and yes he was a hero to so many of us at that time...but even then driving drunk was driving drunk. Going 110MPH is just flat out irresponsible.

On hand its one mistake...on the other he put so many others in the path of danger its a wonder he was the only one killed.

This is just flat out crazy...not uptight about it, i am right about no one should drive drunk

Even crazier, there are people in buffalo who don't know Tim Horton was a real person, and played for the sabres.

Even crazier, there are people in buffalo who don't know Tim Horton was a real person, and played for the sabres.

lots o Canadians too! Leaf fans even..though they are not necessarily that bright to begin with!

crazy to think back then a signing bonus was a car..

anybody in this thread in DC? I am going to Grand Central tonight to watch Sabre game...first two beers on me !

Edited by plenzmd1

4-5: DAN BYLSMA WITH HOWARD AND JEREMY ON WGR (18:10)

Bylsma on significance of 80 points - It's not where we want to be, but it's more significant than being at 79 points #Sabres

Bylsma - we know we can get to .500 with two wins and no regulation losses. It would be nice to get to 80 points #Sabres

Bylsma - we've been focused on what good teams do in 3-game stretches. If we do well, we can get to .500 or get pretty close. #Sabres

Bylsma - if we play the right way, Buffalo #Sabres hockey, we can win games vs. good teams. The game in NY is a game we took pride in

Bylsma - Jack had a maintenance day, shouldn't be issue. We'll see about Ryan O'Reilly this morning. Justin Bailey will play if ROR can't

Bylsma on Eichel pass to ROR vs. NYR - He could've shot the puck, but made the move to his backhand. It was a great pass, great vision

Bylsma - Jack is a pass-first guy. We want him to have an aggressive shooting mentality, he's been working on shooting more... (cont.)

Bylsma (cont.) - ...the play vs. NYR was an example of how he can set himself up to pass like he did

Bylsma on Girgensons - He's had a year where he hasn;t gotten settled in with injuries. He had chemistry w/Jack and put points up... (cont.)

Bylsma on 28 (cont.) - playing with ROR and Fasching has gotten him going again. I'd like to see him continue his pace in the final 3 games

Bylsma - we've talked about using a couple of our recalls for the final few games, we'll see what happens after tonight #Sabres

@BuffaloSabres

ROSTER MOVE: The Sabres have recalled Justin Bailey from @AmerksHockey. http://bufsabres.co/ElgPT9

CfR2FZzXEAAtzCh.jpg

Valid points but the drug and alcohol abuse were symptoms of a greater ill. Maybe he had CTE? But the Tim Horton wall and statue are meant to honor the hockey player.

lots o Canadians too! Leaf fans even..though they are not necessarily that bright to begin with!

crazy to think back then a signing bonus was a car..

anybody in this thread in DC? I am going to Grand Central tonight to watch Sabre game...first two beers on me !

That car was a DeTomaso Pantera.

69DeTomaso_Pantera_(Ghia).jpg

I almost made the 4-hour run from NH to NJ. StubHub has seats starting at $15 and good lower bowl seats can be had for $40. Just too many obligations to do it.

FYI similar deals can be had for the season finale Saturday at the Islanders.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I almost made the 4-hour run from NH to NJ. StubHub has seats starting at $15 and good lower bowl seats can be had for $40. Just too many obligations to do it.

FYI similar deals can be had for the season finale Saturday at the Islanders.

Got good seats for tonight's game. Should be enjoyable.