Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only I had included a link that explained the whole thing...

Oops... LoL...

'70 season really starts in 1969... My bad for blowing your link off and jumping the gun. Sabres & Canucks came in for the '71 season yet started skating in 1970...

You and Beerball gotta kill my buzz... But who I be if I didn't jump the gun! ;-)

No. This team needs to learn how to win together. Unlike last year, a good percentage of the players on this team are keys to future success.

One more superstar would help with "learning how to win together."

Do you really think that 5 less wins this year would stop them from learning to win together?

Edited by thebug

Great win by the Sabres. Sometimes hanging on after you let them come back is more impressive.

Too bad they couldn't win only 10 more games like this one goal win... That's all it would have taken... Just 10 games, 10 one goal losses converted to 10 one goal wins... They would be @ almost a 100 points for the season.

10 games... Only 10 games out of the many goal losses they had this year.

Which leads me to... How can the Oilers still be in position for another chance @ pick one or two! They should have to forfeit another crack @ it with all their #1's!!!

It has to be coaching and goaltending.

I hope BFLo works on stabilizing the situation between the pipes... Shore that up and they are headed in right direction.

Coaching... I still think it is +70% of the hockey equation (over talent). I am not worried about our general coaching... I am worried losing Irbe as the netminder coach, that was such a strong suit we had for years...

Too bad they couldn't win only 10 more games like this one goal win... That's all it would have taken... Just 10 games, 10 one goal losses converted to 10 one goal wins... They would be @ almost a 100 points for the season.

10 games... Only 10 games out of the many goal losses they had this year.

Which leads me to... How can the Oilers still be in position for another chance @ pick one or two! They should have to forfeit another crack @ it with all their #1's!!!

It has to be coaching and goaltending.

I hope BFLo works on stabilizing the situation between the pipes... Shore that up and they are headed in right direction.

Coaching... I still think it is +70% of the hockey equation (over talent). I am not worried about our general coaching... I am worried losing Irbe as the netminder coach, that was such a strong suit we had for years...

You can have the best coaches in the world, if you don't have the talent you are screwed.

Do you really think that 5 less wins this year would stop them from learning to win together?

Ask Columbus if getting hot at the end of the year matters for the next season.

Personally I want as high of a draft pick as possible this year because we won't be in this position again for a long time. Talent wins.

Yes. Losing is a cancer and once you have it it is very difficult to get rid of it. It's easy to see the transformation already beginning.

We're still in the lottery, so having a few more balls in the jar isn't nearly as important as this core moving forward with confidence in each other.

You can have the best coaches in the world, if you don't have the talent you are screwed.

Success is not only predicated on talent it has to be combined with the right mixture of talent in all phases of the game. With Edmonton they have a large collection of quality young forwards but fall short on defense and at the goalie position. Getting that mix to the right balance is an important ingredient to success. Also, when you have a large group of high end young talent it is important to surround them with a blend of high character veteran players to show then how to prepare, play and be accountable.

For the Sabres veteran players such as Gionta, Georges and Weber (traded) their impact is less associated with stats and more more due to their influence as role models for the younger players.

Yes. Losing is a cancer and once you have it it is very difficult to get rid of it. It's easy to see the transformation already beginning.

We're still in the lottery, so having a few more balls in the jar isn't nearly as important as this core moving forward with confidence in each other.

Hogwash!

You want to get rid of the cancer? Add more talent. Winning is not carried over to the next season....talent is.

Hogwash!

You want to get rid of the cancer? Add more talent. Winning is not carried over to the next season....talent is.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I made the point too of winning at the end of a season sure didn't help Columbus.

The sabres are building a team of winners. Eichel, O'Reilly, risto, reinhart, etc... That is going to be an awesome young core to build from.

I'm not mad the sabres are winning at all because the players that matter are doing great. Buttttttt..... This is going to be our last chance to add another great young prospect with our own draft pick for quit a while. I see us becoming a 90+ pt team next year and drafting in the bottom half.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I made the point too of winning at the end of a season sure didn't help Columbus.

The sabres are building a team of winners. Eichel, O'Reilly, risto, reinhart, etc... That is going to be an awesome young core to build from.

I'm not mad the sabres are winning at all because the players that matter are doing great. Buttttttt..... This is going to be our last chance to add another great young prospect with our own draft pick for quit a while. I see us becoming a 90+ pt team next year and drafting in the bottom half.

Exactly! Look at Ottawa last year. They went 23-4-4 to finish the year and sneak into the play-offs. Looked like they were learning to win together and came back this season and **** the bed. Why? because they don't have the talent.

Exactly! Look at Ottawa last year. They went 23-4-4 to finish the year and sneak into the play-offs. Looked like they were learning to win together and came back this season and **** the bed. Why? because they don't have the talent.

Ottawa has plenty of talent. What they don't have is leadership.

Hogwash!

I love having conversations with people like you. You like to pretend that there's a "one size fits all" to winning. "Just have more talent". At best it's overly simplistic.

There is a recipe to winning and talent is certainly a part of it. But there's a reason teams are constructed with a certain number of role players with very specific skill sets and generally aren't considered "talented." Part of the recipe is learning how to win, which is something the BILLS have struggled with for the last decade and a half.

@BuffNewsVogl

After another price hike, Sabres season-ticket holders share their thoughts on what's good and what could be better.

I could care less about any bobbleheads and junk like that - but they do have to get the bathroom situation fixed. I thought it was just my bad luck that I'm always grabbing for empty paper towels.

Ask Columbus if getting hot at the end of the year matters for the next season.

Personally I want as high of a draft pick as possible this year because we won't be in this position again for a long time. Talent wins.

I'm with you and TheBug here. I really wanted a top 5 pick this year. Now our only chance for that is to win the lottery.

Stamkos wants to play center, which doesn't make him an ideal fit. And if you're going to spend that kind of money on a single player, it needs to be a perfect fit.

Stamkos out with blood clot. How does this now fit into our plans? I don't know anything about blood clots. I think Chris Bosh got them again this year, though:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15121487/steven-stamkos-tampa-bay-lightning-surgery-blood-clot-right-collarbone-miss-1-3-months