Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the Toronto game it became evident that Eichel and Reinhart need someone who can score added to their line. Eichel made a couple of nice passes to Nic Delauriers who was near the net but couldn't convert them into goals. Both Eichel and Reinhart are accomplished passers and both have great instincts and know how to create open spaces. Getting a deal with either Edmonton or Colorado for one of their young forwards would be very beneficial.

I'm not being critical of Delauriers who in my mind is a fourth line banger. If Eichel would have had better finishers on his line he would have had at least 10 or more points to his scoring total.

After watching the Toronto game it became evident that Eichel and Reinhart need someone who can score added to their line. Eichel made a couple of nice passes to Nic Delauriers who was near the net but couldn't convert them into goals. Both Eichel and Reinhart are accomplished passers and both have great instincts and know how to create open spaces. Getting a deal with either Edmonton or Colorado for one of their young forwards would be very beneficial.

I'm not being critical of Delauriers who in my mind is a fourth line banger. If Eichel would have had better finishers on his line he would have had at least 10 or more points to his scoring total.

Keep an eye out for this guy: He has been part the the Sabres' Summer Development Camp in the past.

@CBSSportsNHL

North Dakota duo among college free agents to watch for the NHL http://cbsprt.co/1pw0tLv

CdDMaM5UIAEIPTM.jpg

Drake Caggiula, RW, North Dakota: To me, Caggiula is the most intriguing of the college free agents. On top of his unending motor, Caggiula has developed into one of the NCAA's most dangerous offensive players over his four years at UND. A true senior, which can be rare to find in college hockey, Caggiula has 39 points in 31 games while playing alongside first-round draft picks Nick Schmaltz (Chicago Blackhawks) and Brock Boeser (Vancouver Canucks). They're called the CBS Line and even without the draft pedigree, Caggiula is hardly a passenger.

In fact, the 5-foot-10, 180-pound forward has been a bit of a human highlight reel this year, scoring great goals and big goals for his team. He has 18 so far this season. Meanwhile, he'll be 22 in June, unlike some of the other top free agent forwards who are already 24.

Here's a small sample of what Caggiula can do (with Stecher getting one of the easiest assists of his life):

Jesus, that Caligula (that should be his nickname) goal was sweet. So the Sabres have his rights?

No team does. He'll be an unrestricted free agent. Listen to the Murray interview I posted yesterday and he makes reference to a pending College Free Agent that the team has their eye on. Very likely that he's referring to Caggiula.

Keep an eye out for this guy: He has been part the the Sabres' Summer Development Camp in the past.

@CBSSportsNHL

North Dakota duo among college free agents to watch for the NHL http://cbsprt.co/1pw0tLv

CdDMaM5UIAEIPTM.jpg

Drake Caggiula, RW, North Dakota: To me, Caggiula is the most intriguing of the college free agents. On top of his unending motor, Caggiula has developed into one of the NCAA's most dangerous offensive players over his four years at UND. A true senior, which can be rare to find in college hockey, Caggiula has 39 points in 31 games while playing alongside first-round draft picks Nick Schmaltz (Chicago Blackhawks) and Brock Boeser (Vancouver Canucks). They're called the CBS Line and even without the draft pedigree, Caggiula is hardly a passenger.

In fact, the 5-foot-10, 180-pound forward has been a bit of a human highlight reel this year, scoring great goals and big goals for his team. He has 18 so far this season. Meanwhile, he'll be 22 in June, unlike some of the other top free agent forwards who are already 24.

Here's a small sample of what Caggiula can do (with Stecher getting one of the easiest assists of his life):

Have you heard of any interest between Buffalo and the player? Vesey was associated with Toronto and Boston. He ended up in Boston.

@SabresStats

With last night's win over TOR, the #Sabres finished March with a 7-4-4 record, their best of any month this season.

Have you heard of any interest between Buffalo and the player? Vesey was associated with Toronto and Boston. He ended up in Boston.

He's been a participant in previous Sabres' Development Camps so there is already an established connection. Murray referenced interest in a pending College UFA who is still playing in this year's Frozen Four Tournament and reading between the lines I believe it's Caggiula.

@SabresStats

With last night's win over TOR, the #Sabres finished March with a 7-4-4 record, their best of any month this season.

If this game or season had any importance, that disallowed goal would have blown up the discussion. Another bizarro call in favor of TO

@SabresStats

He's been a participant in previous Sabres' Development Camps so there is already an established connection. Murray referenced interest in a pending College UFA who is still playing in this year's Frozen Four Tournament and reading between the lines I believe it's Caggiula.

It might not mean anything at all though. Poturalski from UNH had been a participant at our camps previously (most likely because he's a local kid). He was near the top of the scoring list this year and wound up signing with Carolina.

It might not mean anything at all though. Poturalski from UNH had been a participant at our camps previously (most likely because he's a local kid). He was near the top of the scoring list this year and wound up signing with Carolina.

Of course it may not. We'll certainly know soon after the UND season is over.

Is this the first time that ALL the Canadian teams in the NHL have been eliminated from postseason play? Usually one club will make it during the rough years. Except Toronto of course. What kinda run are they going on? Conversely, EVEN Detroit may miss this year for the first time in 25 years! Wish we could have helped the 'Wings by beating them a few days ago! LoL...

0-7... It looks pretty bleak up there in The Great White North this spring!

It's the 2nd time, first since 1970.

I agree. Stamkos.

Back when their were only 2 Canadian teams, Montreal and Toronto. The story on how Montreal lost out on a tie breaker for the last playoff story is pretty interesting. I just found it on wikipedia. I know how people love that site, but I'll trust the info.

If this game or season had any importance, that disallowed goal would have blown up the discussion. Another bizarro call in favor of TO

Contact on the goalie was the call. Why is that bizarro?

Is this the first time that ALL the Canadian teams in the NHL have been eliminated from postseason play? Usually one club will make it during the rough years. Except Toronto of course. What kinda run are they going on? Conversely, EVEN Detroit may miss this year for the first time in 25 years! Wish we could have helped the 'Wings by beating them a few days ago! LoL...

0-7... It looks pretty bleak up there in The Great White North this spring!

Not really. Half of the NHL rosters are made up of Canadians, so plenty to cheer for. Being a Leafs fan, that has been my only option forever.

I agree. Stamkos.

I'm aware that Stamkos is one of the best players in the league. However, I'm against signing him. A player of his caliber is not only going to have a rich contract but also a lengthy contract in the 5-7 year range. During that period of time Eichel, Reinhart and Risto will be in position to command exorbitant but worthy contracts. A Stamkos contract added to an already rich O'Reilly contract (well worth the $$) will consume so much of the cap that therer will be little financial flexibility left to deal with the emerging young talent and will also hinder the team in adding more solid players to the roster.

What I would rather see the organization do is use the Stamkos dedicated money and add two or three very good players to bolster the roster in general. That would enable this team to absorb the usual amount of injuries incurred during the season. This team still needs to add more talent to the roster in order to take the next step forward.

Contact on the goalie was the call. Why is that bizarro?

On that play the tape showed that Fasching was outside of the crease. In addition, he was pushed by the defender and barely touched the goalie. If there was no defender pushing Fasching into making incidental contact with the goalie I would consider your position somewhat valid. But because Fasching was being pushed by the Leaf defender I don't see the merit to your position.

On balance I thought that this was a peculiar picayune call when there was so many other blatant mugging infractions were missed. I'm not one to whine about bad calls. Usually the calls balance out. Crybabies don't win. Play on!

On that play the tape showed that Fasching was outside of the crease. In addition, he was pushed by the defender and barely touched the goalie. If there was no defender pushing Fasching into making incidental contact with the goalie I would consider your position somewhat valid. But because Fasching was being pushed by the Leaf defender I don't see the merit to your position.

On balance I thought that this was a peculiar picayune call when there was so many other blatant mugging infractions were missed. I'm not one to whine about bad calls. Usually the calls balance out. Crybabies don't win. Play on!

That call can go either way and often does depending on the initial call on the ice. Didn't see anyone on here complaining about Foligno doing his best Duncan Keith impression on the face of Grabner?