Sammy - Time for this dude to start playing ball.

jumbalaya

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really getting ridiculous....can we please get a definitive answer on how many #1 picks we gave up for Sammy? 1? 2? 7? 14? I honestly thought it was a lot more, but now I am completely confused.

2014 first round pick (4th overall) = Sammy Watkins

for

2014 first round pick (9th 0verall) = which turned into Justin Gilbert (CB)

2015 first round pick (19th overall) = Cameron Erving (Center)

2015 fourt round pick (115th overall) = Ibraheim Campbell (S)

we "gave up" one 2015 first and one 2015 fourth. we used 2 firsts and a fourth.

bills win that trade.

I was the first to mention him when I said I have OBJ starting on my fantasy team. Sammy is on the bench.

that TE for Tampa was a great fantasy move apparently. Sammy probably will not be a great fantasy pick in our system. too many weapons and not enough touches especially for a player most coaches will try to stop every week

Not concerned about this at all, this has gotten a little overblown after only one game. We have a lot of weapons now and only one ball, every player will probably have a week like this. It's a great problem to have and one that we aren't used to.

We did give up a lot to get him and I think it can be debated whether it was too much (IMO I liked the move/gamble and it helps a bit that Cleveland absolutely botched the picks we gave them), but he's a freak athlete, a great WR, and a better person. Production hasn't met the super high expectations that we have put on the kid yet, but if Taylor keeps going as he has and gives better than our QB play of the last decade, Sammy will get his numbers and significantly help this team.

On a final note, fantastic block by him on Karlos Williams' TD run...he doesn't score there if Sammy doesn't own the CB like that. He makes a lot of plays and draws a lot of attention from our other players that doesn't show up on the score sheet.

I guess my only question though is

How does Julio Jones get targeted so much? They HAVE to be doing this to him?

They throw to him anyway.

Matt Ryan helps. His command of the offense was impressive (and usually is).

Did you guys even watch that Monday night game and how Philly defended Jones?

Be honest.