Bills Release Bryce Brown

26CornerBlitz

I guess that's why they didn't want fumble fingers Fred.

Guess you were wrong all those times you praised the almighty captain inactive Bryce Brown. Better than Fred indeed, although Fred is active and gets carries on Sundays as a member of the Seahawks.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess you were wrong all those times you praised the almighty captain inactive Bryce Brown. Better than Fred indeed, although Fred is active and gets carries for some reason this past Sunday.

It won`t be long little tyke until he finds a spot. I`m not going to cry,whine like you over it. Oh Freddy,oh. It`s a business.

It won`t be long little tyke until he finds a spot. I`m not going to cry,whine like you over it. Oh Freddy,oh. It`s a business.

I haven't cried about the Fred cut once. Calling out the wrong person.

Just clowning with you as I know you've said so many nice things about Bryce.

Bryce will get Da'rick level love around here for the next 5 years.

I don't think he fleeced, the problem was you had a coach last year who would never play Brown. When he did play, he looked decent, minus the one fumble. Admittedly it was much easier to look good last season at RB as none of them were very good. But now they have Williams who did look real good. RB is the easiest position for a rookie to look strong at so are fine there, no worries about needing to start him due to injuries.

At the time of the trade it looked like a good move to nab a guy buried behind Shady, who had a few bright spots. But then we found out how Kelly fleeced Whaley. Brown was pedestrian in preseason, and couldn't crack the active roster. When he was handed the starting job because of injuries, he promptly lost that job to a guy who shouldn't be a feature back. Part of the reason that Freddie's numbers declined last year is that they rushed him back too soon because Brown was unreliable. Then he gets another chance to impress the new staff yet elects to sit out nearly all voluntary OTAs.

I hope that door wasn't too hard on that lazy rump on the way out.

I'd be surprised if they cut BB based solely on a pretty good first game by Williams. Maybe it was a personality thing? I could see Rex -- to a greater extent that almost any other coach -- sending guys packing if he doesn't get the right "vibe."

And isn't blue cheese dressing everyone's favorite condiment?

Mine is malt vinegar. Even have a recipe for chicken wings which use malt vinegar.

Especially when they are willing to make moves. How do you want it Whaley bashers? Gutless and timid like Darcy Regier was. Waiting ad nauseum for the perfect trade or someone with some sack who swings for the fences but strikes out from time to time. I'll take the latter. Did I spell latter right?

I love the reasoning sometimes on TBD: either you're fan or a hater/basher. No middle ground, no criticism permitted.

For those high on Whaley, why haven't the Bills signed him to a long term contract extension yet?

I suspect his last deal signed just before ascending to the GM role was probably a 3 year contract...which puts him through the 2015 season. And if he's the personnel genius some have made him out to be, it stands to reason ownership would be getting him locked up ASAP.

I never expected Whaley to score a 158.3% efficiency rating as a GM.

He's going to throw some incompletes and picks.

I'm personally still unhappy about cutting Fred Jackson. But I have to admit this: the roster has more talent now than it has in a long, long time.

Considering how little Bryce Brown has meant to the Bills thus far, I'm not terribly surprised by this move.

except fluellen is a vested vet - so hed be full years salary for one game instead of BB costing us like 50k against the cap.

and its not like shady is being benched so who cares how he looked week 1 in that decision.

I thought the reason Fluellen was cut and resigned was to get around that vested vet thing. Incorrect?

Also, with Shady working his way back into the offense, I'd think it would have been a good idea to keep BB who could run the same schemes as opposed to the big north-south RBs on the roster...

Lynch was a complete a-hole when he was here. At that point in time, the Bills made the correct decision in getting rid of him.

Not in the locker room or on the field...