After Pats, AFCE is still a "trio of zeroes"

YoloinOhio

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it has to end sometime. This would be like a columnist in Columbus writing some arrogant article about how Michigan will never beat osu this year because they are 1-10 over the last 11. That Michigan is crap now has always been crap and will always be crap. No matter that there are new coaches, new players, etc. I dont believe that and it's the same thing here. I would be mortified - there is always a chance.

It does have to end sometime but if the Bills had been dominant for a decade plus we'd all be saying, "I'll believe it when I see it" in regards to the other teams having caught up.

The Patriots with three rookies on their offensive line facing arguably the best front four in the league against Buffalo. The Pats had one of the best secondary's last year with Revis Island, and he is now a NY Jet! The Dolphins have a boy named Suh!

Things will be different this year!

"29 post season games since the last time the Bills made the playoffs." Man 0 man I hope its Buffalo who ends Brady's career this week with a nice hard clean hit! Then lets see how they do the rest of the season with Jimmy Growpoopalo slinging the ball.

Edited by Nihilarian

I would bet this guy has the 'it's over' column ready in his mind for next monday

it's Dan Shaughnessy. He's had the "it's over" column in the can ready to go for at least five years.

People think our own dear Jerry Sullivan is negative? Take Sully, make him an actual decent writer, pump him up on PEDs, drop him into a much larger market, and there you have Dan Shaughnessy.

it reminds me of an article he wrote right before the Celtics played the Cavs in the nba playoffs a few months ago, blasting the city of Cleveland and calling them a city of losers and Boston a city of winners. That Cleveland would never have anything nice because it's a crap city with crap sports teams. Right before the Celtics got beaten handily. It was embarrassing and like he pulled the article from 2008 and dusted it off without an eye open to the present.

And I'm a Celtics fan!

Shaughnessy has been a washed-up D-bag for a decade now. He is hated by a lot of Boston fans too. His crap article is just a simpleton summery of all the Mass-hole fans. Bottom line is we need to kick the crap out of them this week and again at the end of the year. Its easy for them because for past decade they put out these crap articles and we prove them right.

Sal was interviewed on WEEI this morning. I thought he did a nice job. They laughed at him when he got off the air. Boston media doesn't even bother doing their homework on us. When we make Tommy cry on Sunday they will just blame it on the offensive line or make some other excuses, like the refs/league are out to get them.

I posted this response in the Pats*** preparation thread but it really belongs here:

It's a fun article, certainly nothing to get upset about. If you read between the lines he gives the Bills under Rex much more of a chance than anyone else, and he doesn't say anything negative about Taylor other than he is inexperienced (as a starter).

I almost think DS wrote this with his tongue in cheek - it is so over the top - and Boston wonders why they are hated - can't remember Bills writers being like this in SB years.. To me the biggest change is the Bills ownership - which is left out of this conversation. For 50 years we had Ralph - who bless his heart - didn't move Bills. But he was arguably the worst owner both in terms of performance and management. The two guys who brought him to the top - Saban and Polian - essentially quit because of RW.

That ended last year and now we have TP - willing to install top shelf management and coaching - willing to spend on players. The RW era could be predictably bad - but that is past and can't be a predictor of the future.

God do they need to go into a decade of darkness and disrepair.

It's like everything their fanbase and media hated about the Yankees and their fans... they went and doubled down on it all.

Just double? They're like a 25x concentrate!

As confident and resilient as they try and project themselves to be, they're oddly hyper-paranoid (because they know deep inside the Pats are frauds). It causes them to ramp-up that faux confidence to the point feeling like they have to launch offensives everywhere.

Just read the comments on any article on Profootballtalk that mentions the Pats, it's absolutely insufferable.

Sal was interviewed on WEEI this morning. I thought he did a nice job. They laughed at him when he got off the air. Boston media doesn't even bother doing their homework on us. When we make Tommy cry on Sunday they will just blame it on the offensive line or make some other excuses, like the refs/league are out to get them.

I listed to the interview then had to go into the office. What were they laughing at that Sal had said? His answers were good, he wasn't an over the top homer or anything. Callahan, Dennis, and Kirk are all friggen Dbags, and are just bitter their show dropped off a cliff after the Sportshub came around.