After Pats, AFCE is still a "trio of zeroes"

YoloinOhio

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well duh, he's a Boston douchebag.

it reminds me of an article he wrote right before the Celtics played the Cavs in the nba playoffs a few months ago, blasting the city of Cleveland and calling them a city of losers and Boston a city of winners. That Cleveland would never have anything nice because it's a crap city with crap sports teams. Right before the Celtics got beaten handily. It was embarrassing and like he pulled the article from 2008 and dusted it off without an eye open to the present.

And I'm a Celtics fan!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Can anyone explain this phrase to me? "The AFC East still has more tomato cans than Stop & Shop"

Basically, that article spent a lot of hot air and metaphors to say "the Pats are the team to beat in the AFCE until proven otherwise".

I agree. The Pats are the team to beat in the AFCE until proven otherwise. So let's prove it, Right Here Right Now.

My favorite part, nominated for the Unintentional Irony Award of 2015, was this: "My favorite part of the ESPN carve job on the Patriots last week was the part about the Spygate benefits against the stooges of the AFC East. “Looking back on it,’’’ the authors wrote, “several former Patriot coaches insist that spying helped them most against less sophisticated teams — the Dolphins and Bills chief among them — whose coaches didn’t bother changing their signals.’’It’s the Marvin Lewis Effect. A coach gets awestruck at the mere sight of Belichick and Brady and said coach loses his mind and does stupid things."

Cheating is the other team's fault, you see - they were awestruck by the Pats*** and that made them stupid. I guess that justifies cheating?

Edited by Hopeful

im not outraged but it's a pretty simple minded stance by Shaunnessy IMO.

In a lot of ways it speaks to how little they know about football. It is really easy to see how the gap has closed. Pittsburgh had 500 yards against that garbage defense. The Pats subtracted Vereen, Revis, Browner and Wilfork. The rest of the division added - Revis, Cromartie, Leonard Williams, Brandon Marshall, Suh, Devante Parker, Jennings, Jordan Cameron, Tyrod, McCoy, Clay, Harvin, and Incognito. Obviously, I didn't name everyone but 3 teams improved and one regressed. That doesn't mean that the Pats won't win but if the 2015 Pats played the 2014 Pats they'd get beat by 10 points. The 2015 version of every other team in the division is much improved versus their 2014 version. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Well it has to end sometime. This would be like a columnist in Columbus writing some arrogant article about how Michigan will never beat osu this year because they are 1-10 over the last 11. That Michigan is crap now has always been crap and will always be crap. No matter that there are new coaches, new players, etc. I dont believe that and it's the same thing here. I would be mortified - there is always a chance.

I think it was told of Pittsburgh, after their back to back Superbowl win the players were told "better take off those rings and put them in a drawer, they won't help you this year".

He could have made his point without being a smug piece $h¡+. This read more like an obnoxious fan than a journalist

I guess you've never read Dan Shaunnessy! :lol:

He's actually a pretty good writer but is famous for pissing off the Boston fans. He's probably hoping the Bills win Sunday so everyone in Boston will blame him for providing bulletin board material.

Edited by KD in CT

Yeah, read this article with my morning coffee. Until we -or, hopefully not, another AFCE Team steps up and punches them in the mouth, they have the right* to crow like that..

Yes they do. It's been a decade and a half of them having their way. Yes, of course they cheat, but you'll never find their fans admitting to it. We'd have the same swagger if roles were reversed.

The writer is just telling his audience what they want to hear. He should be reminded that Belichek was a failed head coach prior to being hired by the Patriots and Brady was a nobody late round after thought draft pick. The success of NE is owed more to once in a lifetime luck than some grand master plan executed to perfection.

As for the Bills, why can't Ryan become the next successful head coach after a 'failed' job at a previous team? And why can't Taylor become the next QB none of the experts expected to become a great NFL QB? Will it happen? Who knows. Could it? Sure.

But for this guy to think New England's dominance will continue forever is just plain stupid and more or less faulty linear thinking.

Well it has to end sometime. This would be like a columnist in Columbus writing some arrogant article about how Michigan will never beat osu this year because they are 1-10 over the last 11. That Michigan is crap now has always been crap and will always be crap. No matter that there are new coaches, new players, etc. I dont believe that and it's the same thing here. I would be mortified - there is always a chance.

A new coach still won't help Michigan in one year, and their player talent is not that much improved, so that was a bad analogy. So to say that Michigan is crap this year is pretty accurate.

A new coach still won't help Michigan in one year, and their player talent is not that much improved, so that was a bad analogy. So to say that Michigan is crap this year is pretty accurate.

i disagree. They look much better and have played osu very tough even with past crap teams because they are so hungry to win and so focused on that game. It may take them more than 1 year to contend for a national championship but it may not take that long to win The Game. I stand by my analogy. Edited by YoloinOhio

We have the makings of a great team. We have an owner who "Billieves", thanks Mr. Pegula, we have a coach who "Billieves" and is not afraid to say it. Way to go Rex. We have a great group of players who "Billieve" we can be better, and an awful lot of fans that are "Billievers". It is time to go out and make "Billievers" out of the rest of the league.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crowd is definitely going to be amped up this weekend. The Bills will score points on their soft defense and our defense......let's just say that they will be looking for fight. Time for the cheaters to get what they deserve....a good old fashioned ass whippin'.

Edited by Rockinon

I'm just curious: are any of you ready for this game right now?

:P

Edited by dollars 2 donuts