Weather for the weekend? Maybe rain

boyst

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know?

I'm out of town (coming back tonight), and I just don't trust Weather.com --- What are the local stations saying?

Weather.com and local stations all base their calls on the national weather service. Makes it highly unlikely that anyone is going to call for something much different.

It's Orchard Park, you should probably pack shorts, a rain poncho and a parka. You may need all of them.

Weather.com and local stations all base their calls on the national weather service. Makes it highly unlikely that anyone is going to call for something much different.

It's Orchard Park, you should probably pack shorts, a rain poncho and a parka. You may need all of them.

And a towel.

Never knew that!

Thanks for the information.

affects the Bills passing game also...or did you forget about Sammy, Harvin, Woods, Clay........?

the Colts rely on the passing game. The Bills plan is to rely on the running game. Yes, it affects both passing games. The team whose biggest strength is being affected will be at the bigger disadvantage in the wind.

+1

+2 Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't mind if it rains or not. It's the season opener at the Ralph. I'll be there. I don't want to sit down at all unless Indy scores. But if not, then I'm sure the whole stadium will stand up for the whole game.

I've been to more games than I can count, and I've never seen the whole stadium stand the entire game.

I don't mind if it rains or not. It's the season opener at the Ralph. I'll be there. I don't want to sit down at all unless Indy scores. But if not, then I'm sure the whole stadium will stand up for the whole game.

Ever consider that the person behind you may not be able to stand the entire game or even a good part of it? And don't say that they shouldn't go to the game.

Ever consider that the person behind you may not be able to stand the entire game or even a good part of it? And don't say that they shouldn't go to the game.

It's a domino effect. One row stands then the row behind them stands so they can see and on and on. Going to a game is like going to a concert. You might not be able to see unless you stand up. It is what it is... The good thing is now that they have video boards at both ends of the stadium people who can't stand can at least watch that way.

Edited by purple haze

Latest update I have from The Weather Network phone app is that the heavy rain is moving up to Saturday night and that Sunday will see almost no rain. Rain stops around 8am Sunday, 59F. But it's Orchard Park, so you never know.

Yes you will

This^^^

My 77 year old father used to complain about this when our seats were about 9 rows up and the idiots in front of him stood all game. As he's someone who's been going to Bills games since the first season my response to someone who'd say he shouldn't go to games (which he's gotten from drunken morons sitting in front of him) would be STFU (although this year he has other health issues keeping him from going).

Life isn't fair is it?

If you aren't physically capable of being in an environment where you have to stand a lot of the time, then your reasonable choices are 1) put yourself in a better situation where you won't have to stand very much (like club seats or front row seats in any section or aisle seats or family zone) or 2) accept the fact that sitting in most of the seats in the main bowl area is not a good idea for someone who is physically limited - instead of complaining about it.

I would have said option 3 is don't go to the game, but you asked me not to. So I just gave you other legitimate options.

Edited by PolishDave