Fred Jackson astounds Pete Carroll

I'm willing to bet the seattle team and NE team

no a little bit more on what it takes to win.

It's no wonder that the 2 best teams in the NFL

that played in the Super Bowl were jumping through hoops to try and have Fred's services.

it's not about how fast you are. Spiller was fast

the dude has no idea how to play running back.

being a running back is more then just running

it's blocking, it's blitz pickup, it's catching passes.

it's doing your job assignments. Fred's just has it in spades. Why cut the guy when we're in the brink of something big. It's just stinks Bobbie Dixon and Bryce Brown are a dime a dozen

they can be had any year in rounds 5 through

7 in the NFL draft or as a undrafred college free agent. Or we could sign a vet net year after Fred

played his last year here with the Bills. This whole

thing just stinks to high heaven.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that played in the Super Bowl were jumping through hoops to try and have Fred's services.

it's doing your job assignments. Fred's just has it in spades. Why cut the guy when we're in the brink of something big. It's just stinks Bobbie Dixon and Bryce Brown are a dime a dozen

7 in the NFL draft or as a undrafred college free agent. Or we could sign a vet net year after Fred

Or, just picking up a phone.

And please try formatting your posts differently. Or at all.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Jackson play more then just one year in Seattle as a third down back. Much the same way Kevin Faulk never seemed to grow old in NE.

Not many backs are better at picking up a blitzer or catching the ball out in the flat on third down.

Wish Fredex the best, and hope he gets a SB ring this year :thumbsup:

While I understand your reluctance to accept that Fred will no longer be a bill this season, you need to build a bridge. this is what the team is working with and we will fight through it assuredly. Living in the pacific northwest, I can tell you that Seattle has one of the worst offensive Lines in football today. Fred was brought there for his skills as a blocker ant the ability to pick up blitzes

and his connection to Marshawn. As much of a Freddy fan that I am, I in no way expect him to show that the bills made the wrong move here. I will be cheering for him When I go to the Seahawks games this year but I will be wearing a bills number 22.

Edited by VanCity

The interview with Fred was good - they tried to get him to say something bad about Buffalo, and he wouldn't bite. If the Seahawks win, Fred will be ok, but if they don't perform well he's going to hate it. Too many big, immature egos and fans who don't know a football from a dust bunny.

OMG, you guys are hilarious. A team cuts the oldest RB in the league and get KILLED FOR IT. Freddie was not our Number two this year, and he barely was last year. GD, we had a season where the best game was 71 yards. Get over it. Doug Whaley has assembled one of the best rosters and coaching staffs in the league. give them a chance.

I teared up at the news last Monday, so it is not as if he was not my favorite player, he was, but You fanatics are bordering on 'Tebow Fan' level of ridiculousness.

Edited by Ramblin' Rob

The facts are this. Fred Jackson led the team in first downs, yards from scrimmage, and receptions last year. Even at 3.7, his YPC was higher than Bryce Brown at 3.5. Enough with the Bryce is better than Fred, and Fred was barely our #2 back last year. He led the team on and off the field. Yes, he's 34. But he's still better than any back on the Bills not named Shady.

The Bills didn't blunder anything critical. Is Fred Jackson still able to contribute as a football player? Absolutely. But the Bills made the difficult decision (going rogue) that they didn't want to lose one of their other backs to be able to keep Fred for one more season. It's the sad reality of set rosters and salary caps.

I wish Freddie nothing but the best in Seattle and I hope he can play the whole season there. But Fred Jackson is, at this stage of his career, a complimentary player and he won't be the difference between this team making the playoffs and not.

Agreed!

One of the dozen or so reasons that led to the decision to release Fred was that they didn't want to have him inactive on game day, which would have been a flap to his face in some respects. He was #3 and since he really didn't play ST they would activate the #4 in Boobie every game, which would be an embarrassment to Fred. It wasn't a sole reason. Age, salary, health, make room for young guys, not a short yardage guy or goal line guy like Karlos is, ST, etc, all were factors big and small. But one reason is they didn't want to embarrass him because he was such a great Bill.

What Seattle has behind Marshawn Lynch is not the same as what the Bills have behind Shady McCoy.

That's all you really need to know.

There is no "blunder" here. If Fred has a nice season in Seattle getting his 10-12 touches a game (and stays healthy) that still doesn't mean the Bills will suffer.

+1... I was going to say the same thing- glad I read more before posting!

OMG, you guys are hilarious. A team cuts the oldest RB in the league and get KILLED FOR IT. Freddie was not our Number two this year, and he barely was last year. GD, we had a season where the best game was 71 yards. Get over it. Doug Whaley has assembled one of the best rosters and coaching staffs in the league. give them a chance.

I teared up at the news last Monday, so it is not as if he was not my favorite player, he was, but You fanatics are bordering on 'Tebow Fan' level of ridiculousness.

I have to agree.

What people are failing to realize is Fred is not going to get better, he is going to get worse, and fast. While the others Brown and Williams can only get better.

One of the dozen or so reasons that led to the decision to release Fred was that they didn't want to have him inactive on game day, which would have been a flap to his face in some respects. He was #3 and since he really didn't play ST they would activate the #4 in Boobie every game, which would be an embarrassment to Fred. It wasn't a sole reason. Age, salary, health, make room for young guys, not a short yardage guy or goal line guy like Karlos is, ST, etc, all were factors big and small. But one reason is they didn't want to embarrass him because he was such a great Bill.

Actually, I think you mean a "flap to his sace". :flirt:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524030/article/carroll-jackson-could-play-a-lot-for-hawks-in-week-1

I have to admit after decades of futility I have little confidence in Bills management to not screw things up.

I am pretty sure that Pete Carroll is a good circa 2015 coach. I hope the Bills didn't blunder this move.

Carroll implies he will be third down back. Freddie has always been good at picking up blitzes and making catches out of the backfield.

your correct if that was the goal, but in this case they kept the RB with more potential in Bryce. And also realize it may not matter as barring injuries neither would be dressed, so kept the player less likely to be upset with not playing and at a much smaller salary.

If the goal is getting rid of the player sitting above your guy on the depth chart to justify a bad trade than it's already a success. Bravo, Mr. Whaley.