Matt Cassel re-signed, will be #2 QB

YoloinOhio

i am guessing it means he doesn't want to move his family right now, or leave her.

While it's been 23 years since the birth of my last child I can't see how things could be harder for women. Unless Mrs Cassel is on bed rest it's not, for a lack of a better term, that good of an excuse. It's not like she has to fly around the world.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy, are you seriously trying to suggest that Matt Cassel is more elusive than EJ Manuel? It's not a debatable topic. Matt Cassel himself would undoubtedly tell you that he is not.

Please...Don't even try to bring logic into this particular effort to discredit EJ...There's no need... ;)

While it's been 23 years since the birth of my last child, but unless Mrs Cassel is on bed rest it's not that good of an excuse. It's not like she has to fly around the world.

they have 3 other small children and he moved them to Buffalo. He talked about it in a recent interview. The rest of their family is all in California. It certainly makes sense to me he wouldn't want to move the family right now or leave them in buffalo while he goes to another city.

So we only pick the games you want to include. Let's not include the careers of these players.

For example you but a weird face on Cassels longest of 6 but ignore that EJ's longest was 8 last year. Or Cassel's longest is 23 in his career but EJ is 19. In that game 3 of those could have been downing ball where you lose a yard each time. Not a sack, but a rush for -1 yard.

How's about EJ has 4 fumbles in 14 games but Cassel only had 2 in his first 14 games?

I purposely picked the stats from their first 14 games.

Cassel had 14 games as a backup for four years to Brady***.

Then I picked Cassel's first 14 starts. That's what I picked - in order to be fair.

EJ hasn't had as many games as Cassel has, he's not as old, and he throws a football about five times as far as Cassel can.

I don't like Cassel as the #2 QB because is a "broken" bridge QB. That guy is not the future, and I certainly don't trust him to carry the team, and win games should the run game falter.

I like that they signed him for the 900K vet min but only as a last resort type of deal.

i like the move.. no faith in EJ. cassel seems like the proverbial "game manager" .. would hate to piss away another season where the D is dominating Teams .. JMHO..

Unfortunately he's "managed the game" to the tune of a 9-17 record the past 4 years.

Link? I show statistical proof, in his athletic numbers, actual stats and yet you and other prove to ignore. EJ is a statue compared to Cassel. EJ cannot run the offense that TT runs,and neither can Cassel, because neither has his speed, elusiveness, nor other intangibles. But Cassel is more athletically gifted with the legs than EJ is.

You guys do know that Cassel really played very little in collage and was a backup QB ala Frank Reich. He actually played multiple positions including TE and WR in college.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000517670/Cassel-scrambles-up-the-middle

I don't have time to page through this entire thread but there's gotta be some gems in here, right? Are there any pages that anyone would care to recommend I check out? So the EJ guys went from being upset about him not winning the starting job, even though it was clear to many that he deserved to have won it, to getting a consolation prize in the Bills seemingly declaring that Manuel was good enough to be the lone #2 by cutting every EJ guys' arch nemesis and then throwing an internet parade by mocking him to no end, to re-signing said arch nemesis only to demote EJ to #3. The roller coaster of emotions must be unbearable for some of you.

Also Ryan L Billz, I told you he would sign with someone within a week as a clear cut #2 and you insisted he would end up in the arena league. So yeah.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Top reasons this is great for this board:

1. FireChan - that "Meh Cassell released" thread is indeed a hoot!

2. Reports will indicate Meh took less money to return to the Bills if Whaley went rogue and named him the #2

3. Sully can now troll us with an article about how we failed to bring in a franchise QB after cuts and how this move makes us worse.

4. Meh will surely allow us to introduce a few dozen EJ sucks threads.

5. Less money for Meh to spend with Tahmy at the track

6. We can now resume debating aging vets and their roster value.

7. We can keep saying "Meh."

8. Leroi may still be correct about EJ being cut

9. Cue the Pegula is cheap comments

10. Tyrod can mentor Meh

I'm nearly 100% certain Cassel has never wandered over to TBD. I'm also pretty certain he thinks most Buffalo fans are well-informed (I know, a stretch...) and passionate. I just want to know what his opinion of this would be.

I don't have time to page through this entire thread but there's gotta be some gems in here, right? Are there any pages that anyone would care to recommend I check out? So the EJ guys went from being upset about him not winning the starting job, even though it was clear to many that he deserved to have won it, to getting a consolation prize in the Bills seemingly declaring that Manuel was good enough to be the lone #2 by cutting every EJ guys' arch nemesis and then throwing an internet parade by mocking him to no end, to re-signing said arch nemesis only to demote EJ to #3. The roller coaster of emotions must be unbearable for some of you.

:thumbsup: