Perhaps OT? Timmy Graham's Twitter Pillow Fight

eball

Why does this thread exist? What difference does it make if TG is full of crap? Is there really a need to play Sir Walter Raleigh? Should we put our cloaks across a puddle for Whaley to cross? Is he a damsel in distress?

I look at Whaley and see an aggressive GM. He used 2 number 1 draft choices on a receiver and signed a running qb who is now the starter. This may or may not work. Meanwhile, he has earned millions of dollars. As far as I'm concerned he can fend for himself. If the Bills lose he will be canned. If they win, who's better than him? Was this a "rogue" move? Maybe, maybe not.

What I can tell you is that if you go to divorce court tomorrow and lose a half a million dollars, Whaley won't be bursting into the court room defending your honor.

End of rant.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does this thread exist? What difference does it make if TG is full of crap? Is there really a need to play Sir Walter Raleigh? Should we put our cloaks across a puddle for Whaley to cross? Is he a damsel in distress?

I look at Whaley and see an aggressive GM. He used 2 number 1 draft choices on a receiver and signed a running qb who is now the starter. This may or may not work. Meanwhile, he has earned millions of dollars. As far as I'm concerned he can fend for himself. If the Bills lose he will be canned. If they win, who's better than him? Was this a "rogue" move? Maybe, maybe not.

What I can tell you is that if you go to divorce court tomorrow and lose a half a million dollars, Whaley won't be bursting into the court room defending your honor.

End of rant.

:D:thumbsup:

For the record, I only clicked on this thread cause I saw Bill had the last post. :lol:

End of rant.

There is almost nothing in this thread about defending Whaley.

#BADOL - thanks for the unwarranted shots at my intelligence and ability to participate in educated conversation. You must be one heluva guy. I'm really sorry we have had differing opinions on stupid sports related topics over the years. My beef with Tim Graham is not about his writing, it's about how he treats people - which to me is indicative of character. Too bad you don't see the difference.

Have a great day and go Bills.

You were b!tchslapped yet still maintain civility - kudos to you.

End of rant.

While I agree with your assessment, I take umbrage on one point...that statement about Sir Walter Raleigh is a complete myth.

But isn't that the whole issue with graham's account? His sources insist that Whaley acted outside normal operating protocol. Just because Whaley ran the cut by Pegula doesn't mean he didn't bypassother channels that are usually in the loop.

That's why I think the Kryk article is spot on. Dashed line reporting responsibilities only work in well established organizations where there are clear lines of communication and accountability. They rarely work where the fiefdoms vie for control.

OK, I read the Kryk article but I must have missed it. What "dashed line" reporting responsibilities did Kryk identify that were bypassed?

I thought the Brandon did a nice job of laying out roles and responsibilities during the 14 Jan introductory presser. Whaley is GM and is responsible for the 53 man roster. Rex is responsible for the game day roster. Brandon is responsible for football ops. All report to the Pegulas. Basically what I read Kryk as advocating was the hiring of a football czar to whom all 3 would report - which essentially sounds to me like handing off responsibility from the Pegulas to Mr Czar, whomever he might be.