Perhaps OT? Timmy Graham's Twitter Pillow Fight

eball

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick summation:

Coller and Simon discuss irresponsibility of "rogue" reporting regarding Whaley but don't specifically mention Graham.

Graham attacks on Twitter by saying Coller is unethical because he says he played college baseball but there is no record of it.

Hilarity ensues. Turns out Coller did play "fall ball" but because the school doesn't keep records Graham belittles it as "intramurals."

There's more but that's the gist.

Quick summation:

Coller and Simon discuss irresponsibility of "rogue" reporting regarding Whaley but don't specifically mention Graham.

Graham attacks on Twitter by saying Coller is unethical because he says he played college baseball but there is no record of it.

Hilarity ensues. Turns out Coller did play "fall ball" but because the school doesn't keep records Graham belittles it as "intramurals."

He's an embarrASSement to the News...

Quick summation:

this is great.

It really pains me that reporters I respect like Wawrow and Lori put this guy up on a pedestal. He's just not a good guy. I used to follow him, got blocked for some innocent sarcasm, then tried to reach out to him in an email and he made fun of me on Twitter, claiming I was "begging" to be unblocked.

Apparently he recently removed all blocks but I haven't re-followed. A friend told me about this incident so I looked it up.

TG shows up on my timeline because of others I follow.

It really pains me that reporters I respect like Wawrow and Lori put this guy up on a pedestal. He's just not a good guy. I used to follow him, got blocked for some innocent sarcasm, then tried to reach out to him in an email and he made fun of me on Twitter, claiming I was "begging" to be unblocked.

Apparently he recently removed all blocks but I haven't re-followed. A friend told me about this incident so I looked it up.

TG shows up on my timeline because of others I follow.

It really confuses me that anyone goes to bat for him, as a spectator that watches these incidents. I wonder if people miss the worst of it or what....

Or the opposite, the professionals like a Wawrow see the professional side of him as maybe he does write very insightful and stimulating articles. But he has a very petty side to him and doesn't take criticism well and personality wise just isn't suited for the social media age. Maybe a guy like him would be best to write his articles and completely stay off all social media

I wonder if people miss the worst of it or what....

Quick summation:

Fall ball is like tryouts..........but I think it should all count so I can start bragging on my college basketball exploits. :lol:

As far as "irresponsible" journalism......."rogue" is a term that has a literal meaning....it also has a jagoff meaning for the people who learn the language from video games.....so it will be perceived differently by different intellects.

Should Tim Graham take into account that it will throw folks like eball off the deep end? Absolutely not. It's the responsibility of the populous to learn the language not for reporters to simplify it for them. :thumbsup:

Fall ball is like tryouts..........but I think it should all count so I can start bragging on my college basketball exploits. :lol:

As far as "irresponsible" journalism......."rogue" is a term that has a literal meaning....it also has a jagoff meaning for the people who learn the language from video games.....so it will be perceived differently by different intellects.

Should Tim Graham take into account that it will throw folks like eball off the deep end? Absolutely not. It's the responsibility of the populous to learn the language not for reporters to simplify it for them. :thumbsup:

I don't think that's the issue so much as the thin-skinned pettiness that he seems to display in response to every perceived challenge or slight...

that was a weird exchange. can't blame graham for being annoyed that those guys got on the air and slammed him without mentioning his name or inviting him on to clarify. i like coller ok, but he could have disagreed with the reporting without making it sound like the graham was being unethical. he was sort of asking for it.

everyone takes this sharing of opinions way too seriously. in general, i like all these guys, even though i don't always agree with everything they say/write. heck they're in the paper and online reporting ands opining on my favorite teams....what's not to like!

I don't think that's the issue so much as the thin-skinned pettiness that he seems to display in response to every perceived challenge or slight...

He just gives it back and people don't like that.

Where is it written that you can't respond to a*holes?

And more importantly, giving it back leads to attention to his material.

Case in point......this thread.

Always amazes me how dumb people are to draw attention to these subjective entertainment-related things that they hate....thinking it will help their cause and stop it from happening again! :lol:

I know a lot of people don't like him for many reasons, but I think he's a good reporter. On the other hand, I'm very tired of his Twitter antics. He seems to enjoy baiting the trolls and engaging them in childish dialogue, and spends quite a bit of time doing it. It's tiresome.

He just gives it back and people don't like that.

Where is it written that you can't respond to a*holes?

And more importantly, giving it back leads to attention to his material.

Case in point......this thread.

Always amazes me how dumb people are to draw attention to these subjective entertainment-related things that they hate....thinking it will help their cause and stop it from happening again! :lol:

I agree that way too much attention is paid to the slants and takes of the local Buffalo media around here.

But TG comes across as a petulant child. If he's doing that to generate clicks, good for him - I guess...

I agree that way too much attention is paid to the slants and takes of the local Buffalo media around here.

But TG comes across as a petulant child. If he's doing that to generate clicks, good for him - I guess...

But he won an award!

I think fellow journalists stick up for each other because they get a lot of crap for just doing their jobs well. But Tim Graham is a spoiled child who can dish it but can't take it. As for being a good reporter, being factual shouldn't be an on again/off again thing. His "rogue Whaley" story was slipshod work, made worse because national media picked up on it. Frankly I hold his editors at the News responsible. They are supposed to be the gatekeepers and make reporters defend their work, especially when making damaging accusations of an NFL GM.

Edited by PromoTheRobot