Matt Cassel Update

BreezeMafia

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/20567/matt-cassel-bills-indicating-theyll-keep-three-quarterbacks

'Asked if the Bills were involved in trade talks involving either Cassel or Manuel, Ryan responded, "You really think I’m gonna get into that? I think you know the answer to that.'

Ha.

so is this guy cut or not? :bag:

From the article it seems like Bills will keep 3 QBs. Nothing official though.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/20567/matt-cassel-bills-indicating-theyll-keep-three-quarterbacks

'Asked if the Bills were involved in trade talks involving either Cassel or Manuel, Ryan responded, "You really think I’m gonna get into that? I think you know the answer to that.'

Ha.

From the article it seems like Bills will keep 3 QBs. Nothing official though.

Philly got a conditional 7th round pick from Arizona for Matt Barkley. Cassel should at least be worth a 6th.

So is Whaley a red, makeup-wearing, CFL punter? It's "rogue", not "rouge".

thanks Freddie's Dead, you beat me to it; although I probably would have been accused as being a spelling Nazi. Having said this, since this Board is running amok with rogue stories (starting with Whaley's cutting of FedEx), it looks foolish to start a post by using the word "rouge"....right up there with "Bill's", could of, should of, etc. etc. As I've said before, it makes one look less than credible/convincing.

Also from Timmah:

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham 7h7 hours ago

Pro tip: If you don't think my sources are reliable, then don't follow or pay any attention. That's what I would do if I was me. God bless.

The problem with that, Tim, is when you're a journalist and other reporters/networks are picking up your quote and running with it unverified and unexplained, it's kind of hard to not pay attention. You can ruin someone's reputation, and all you have to say is "well then don't follow or pay attention"? Bush league, and I ain't talking about the former Presidents.

Very well said. The problem is journalists today have little integrity and don't understand nuances of using certain words or else they have become so self-centered they subjectively add words that convey an opinion or try to convey someone else's opinion in the most sensational way possible to garner attention. He could have reported that objectively and there wouldn't have been a problem. Instead of merely reporting on sports, entertainment, politics or news they now see themselves as part of the process. His response shows he just doesn't get it. It's funny when a reporter like that says just don't pay attention when you know they are doing everything possible to get your attention.

Edited by timtebow15

Oh, and EJ haters and Cassel promoters: SUCK IT!

Now this is funny, eball. This is humor.

Here I'm labeled an EJ hater simply because I don't think it makes sense for this team to subtract reliable quarterbacks. In my family I'm an EJ fanboy who regularly invokes eyerolls for voicing belief in the kid and talking about him as a legitimate prospect.

Shows how insane the partisanship has gotten on this young man. Either get giddy or get lost!