Bills cuts - round 2

YoloinOhio

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wildcard is the Dareus spot. That actually lets them hold onto someone that they might want on their practice squad until a week after everyone has already filled their rosters and their practice squads. O'Leary could be that guy. Keep him around for a week and then cut him when it is much less likely that some other team will pick him up.

The wildcard is the Dareus spot. That actually lets them hold onto someone that they might want on their practice squad until a week after everyone has already filled their rosters and their practice squads. O'Leary could be that guy. Keep him around for a week and then cut him when it is much less likely that some other team will pick him up.

Great point. Would not surprise me.

That's exactly what I think they're doing with him

But who would be interested in O'Leary - he did nothing to show he can play at this level. I would think more interest in Lewis and Brown - although trying to hide one of them through the first week would mean keeping 8 WRs (even though 2 of those are really ST guys)

Edited by stevewin

Wow. Stunned that Red Bryant has gone. Thought he was a good pick up who had played pretty well in limited pre-season snaps. I'd have had Carrington more at risk but maybe they feel that having been here longer he has a better grasp of the scheme. The others are pretty much expected except O'Leary still seems to be there which I confess I am shocked by.

But who would be interested in O'Leary - he did nothing to show he can play at this level. I would think more interest in Lewis and Brown - although trying to hide one of them through the first week would mean keeping 8 WRs (even though 2 of those are really ST guys)

I agree - he wouldn't be my first choice for a guy to go the extra mile to get on the practice squad. But maybe they've seen something in practice that hasn't been apparent to the untrained eye? I don't know.

I'm just saying there is going to be one person on the roster this week that they are planning to cut next week. I doubt it would be someone they would use in the game (like an extra backup DT). So it's more likely going to be someone they've prioritized for the practice squad.

The other explanation for O'Leary still being on the roster is that they are going to keep five TEs for the season, which seems crazy. Four is already a stretch, though it probably makes sense for Roman's offense.