Brady's suspension lifted

YoloinOhio

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few points that were very well discussed in the big thread.

agreed. but i would underscore that those arent small points, which is what some might read in the word technicalities. it was major flubs by the league.

Flubs, yes. Major flubs? I'm not sure. The Judge was going a little overboard in his explanations from what I have seen so far. Although granted I don't know this. But I just read one of the major reasons was the players were not given the guidelines for the deflation but the teams were (and Brady even admitted getting them and using them with the referees). That's not a major flub. Brady wasn't aware he could get four games for doing something no one figured a team would do? That's not a major flub. Not making Pash available to be interviewed? the Pats didn't allow the guys who did it to be interviewed.

They're technicalities, because they don't speak to the central fact of the case that Brady CHEATED.

right - but they are not like a case where someone transposed a number wrong on an evidence bag and it got tossed out.

those are major flaws in the nfls system still. arbitrarily making up a punishment is a pretty MAJOR technicality, even if the person committed the infraction. not granting the accused access to the materials you are using to accuse them is pretty slimy.

Edited by NoSaint

Since punishments can be voided by a judge, then it's time players brought back stickem', use the clothesline, horsecollar tackle, getting jacked up like pro wrestlers etc...

Why not? The league has no authority to enforce its rules. I say that the next time the offense is facing a 3rd and 30, the QB needs to break out a nerf football. He doesn't know he can be punished for it, right? 5 seconds to go in the game and down by 2 at your own 40? Fill that football with some helium for the kicker! He doesn't know he can be punished, so its alright!

Four games was ridiculous. The Patriots are a shady organization, but this did not warrant a suspension. They lost draft picks, that is plenty of punishment.

i think thats also a point not to forget - its not like theres now zero punishment for all this. just no suspension.

right - but they are not like a case where someone transposed a number wrong on an evidence bag and it got tossed out.

those are major flaws in the nfls system still. arbitrarily making up a punishment is a pretty MAJOR technicality, even if the person committed the infraction.

Really? Why do you think that? I'm sure the league never had a meeting where they said to each other what do we do if a player advises an employees to steal the games balls and alter them just before kickoff and then just denies everything when we investigate with outlandish answers that no one believes?

If someone does three or four things wrong in succession they should have a list of penalties for this?

The silver lining - the Bills D gets to kick the crap out of him and Buffalo Bills fans get to give Brady and the Pats a warm Buffalo welcome!

I wonder how many times we will hear the chant "cheater" during that game.

The reasoning of the judge seems to be mostly technicalities. From the TV summary, he didn't say anything about the cheating

Yet the net result is cheaters prosper.

I don't hate Brady like many Bills fans do. I would have loved him in a Bills uni.

But he willfully cheated and got away with it. It sends the wrong message to the rest of the league as well as to fans everywhere.