Your top 5 Bills beat reporters

Jobu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a company man I think John Murphy does a heck of a job and isn't afraid to point out issues with the team.

Agree with others that Dunne is off to a good start.

Sal Maiorana

Leo Roth

I don't recall having a problem with Bucky Gleason yet.

Agree Carucci really seems to have lost a step - almost nothing (anything?) he's tried to speculate has come out. I think he's lost all his connections at OBD.

So far so good with Dunne. Like Buscaglia because he's knowledgeable (gotta take some arrogance but he knows his stuff). That's about it. The rest of the BN are unreadable. Problem I have with WGR is they're all jock-sniffing fans boys (especially Sal, holy cow I can't deal with him, he's like a 13-year-old meeting his heroes) and season ticketholders for our teams, hard to lend any credibility to them. JW unfortunately works for a dinosaur, the AP. Couldn't tell you the last time I read any of his stuff. I have warning points for being critical of him in the past. Oh, I did like the reporting of the guy in Toronto during the Bills sale, is it John Kryk (spelling?). He was good.

As I said in an earlier post, probably many, I don't like opinion pieces because I don't care what anyone says. I've watched as much football as these twits on WGR, why should their opinion matter more than what I think for myself. I have a brain with 10 years of college invested in it, I don't need to be told what to think or turn to them to re-frame my own thoughts. I like good reporting, sadly that's in short supply in WNY, very short supply. Seems to me that the line between reporting and opinion has been blurred, that even in what should be a game report, we get snark, innuendo, and cheap shots when the goal is to report the facts. And as I've also said... I come here, scan the topics and see if there is any newsy. This place is better than any reporter for news because it's a clearinghouse and distiller of local and national outlets and twitter.

Wawrow.

Other than that, none of these guys offers any more insight than what they see at practice or hear in a press conference.

When a story breaks, it's from the big boys with the national organizations.

The locals never get the story first.

As a Central New York resident, I like that Matthew Fairburn is on the job the last 2 (?) years. He is fact based and very objective, straight forward, in his reporting. Good variety of topics as well.

The Syracuse paper has had the worst NFL coverage of any major newspaper I have read, so good to see that they made a small step in the right direction by hiring this good young writer to cover the Bills.

He just needs to end his pieces in a stronger manner as sometimes they just fizzle out.