Your top 5 Bills beat reporters

Jobu

Help a brother out and rank your top 5 Bills beat reporters. Being in Wisconsin I only know what I know. I can tell you that unequivocally Jerry Sullivan is dead last on my list, Tim Graham is beginning to nuzzle up beside him. Rodak, while he used to be last on my list, has surprised me a few times. He is still a Chowd though.

I am partial to Ty Dunne just because I followed his coverage of the Packers at the Milwaukee JS.

I listen to John Murphy all the time, even though he is a team guy.. He is pretty good.

Vic Carucci

Sal Maiorana

Joe Buscaglia

Buffalo Rumblings seems to have some good stuff from time to time, can't pull anyone out by name.

Who am I missing, and who are your favorites?

Edited by Show Me The Baby

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you put Joe Buscaglia on your list of favorites I may have to go FullWhaley and unfriend you.

I struggled to come up with five to be honest with you Fergy. I was mainly throwing out names that have not totally pissed me off.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

I know this sounds crazy, but I'm coming around on Rodak a little.

I still dont like him, but he seems to be getting better.

It doesn't sound crazy, I am in the same boat. I used to call him Rodent, I now just refer to him as Rodak. Progress.

Help a brother out and rank your top 5 Bills beat reporters. Being in Wisconsin I only know what I know. I can tell you that unequivocally Jerry Sullivan is dead last on my list, Tim Graham is beginning to nuzzle up beside him. Rodak, while he used to be last on my list, has surprised me a few times. He is still a Chowd though.

I am partial to Ty Dunne just because I followed his coverage of the Packers at the Milwaukee JS.

I listen to John Murphy all the time, even though he is a team guy.. He is pretty good.

Vic Carucci

Sal Maiorana

Joe Buscaglia

Buffalo Rumblings seems to have some good stuff from time to time, can't pull anyone out by name.

Who am I missing, and who are your favorites?

A lot of people here like to use the "company line" bs when talking about most of the reporters, but I never really noticed that as much as others appear to.

I like Vic Carucci, he's solid, does a decent job.

Sal is ok. He's like talking to a passionate Bills fan. He has some good opinions and some really bad ones, but he's not afraid to say what he thinks. But he's never going to blow you away with his insights.

Jay Skurski is pretty solid. He's on Rich Gaenzler's show on the FAN quite a bit and I enjoy his takes. Rich is pretty tough to listen to though, he just babbles and bounces around all over the place, but the only one on at that time.

Tyler Dunne is pretty good thus far, he's not as bitter as the rest at the BN, but give it some time.

John Murphy is very good IMO, he has the most insight and runs a really good show.

Edited by ricojes

I don't mind Joe B at all, but I'll admit I've only followed him for a month or so. I think Sal does a great job, and I too am coming around on Rodak...my biggest concern with him has always been his garbage deadline blog posts that often included erroneous information and typos. I haven't seen so much of that lately, but I've also been on ESPN a whole lot less.

Top Five

Sal Capaccio - tends to be objective, very detailed

Joe Buscaglia - can have a bit of a big ego but generally well informed

Tyler Dunne - new guy has done well

Matthew Fairburn - new guy has done well

Tim Graham - can be annoying with his Twitter feuds but good at getting scoop and inside info

Worst

Jerry Sullivan - a lot of knee jerk statements based on speculation

Vic Carucci - Vic is a nice guy but out of touch. For example... he wrote an article saying that Cordy Glenn was in danger of losing his LT spot because he took a few reps at LG in OTA's.

Matthew Collar - annoying tone on WGR like he knows more than anyone else, also his articles are poorly written

Ty Dunne seems to know what's going on in the locker room and has broken a few stories. I have high hopes for him. I think Sal used to be good but he's getting a bit of a 'tude, most likely the other WGR guys rubbing off on him. And of course RODAK is the worst of all time. But luckily school starts next week so he can go back to whatever middle school he came from. I agree that Vic is out of touch as a beat reporter. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting where they had to show him how to use Twitter

Top Five

Tim Graham - can be annoying with his Twitter feuds but good at getting scoop and inside info????????????

Worst

Vic Carucci - Vic is a nice guy but out of touch. For example... he wrote an article saying that Cordy Glenn was in danger of losing his LT spot because he took a few reps at LG in OTA's.

Matthew Collar - annoying tone on WGR like he knows more than anyone else, also his articles are poorly written

Seriously??

I like John Wawrow. Seems to be well connected and isn't thin skinned like Tim Graham. Tim also has good sources but he carries himself like a 12yr old girl most of the time.

Ty Dunne and Matt Fairburn have written some interesting pieces about the Bills lately.

Top Five

Tim Graham - can be annoying with his Twitter feuds but good at getting scoop and inside info

Worst

Vic should remember he no longer covers the browns.