Fred Jackson expected to sign with Seattle(update-signed)

YoloinOhio

Once he was cut by the Bills, I could not care less what team he signed with or how that team does.

I think that's pretty harsh. It's not unusual to have favorite players on other teams - guys you liked in college, ex-bills, etc.

This year I will be rooting for Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's pretty harsh. It's not unusual to have favorite players on other teams - guys you liked in college, ex-bills, etc.

This year I will be rooting for Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson

I won't they are not playing for the Buffalo Bills I won't even follow them....

I have 0 allegiances to any player unless they are on the roster.

I hope FJ does well, but in all honesty it wouldn't bug me a bit if he didn't

Edited by Snorom

Once he was cut by the Bills, I could not care less what team he signed with or how that team does.

For the most part I agree. The team I root for is the Bills. I'll pay a passing interest when he plays the local 49ers...and hopes he helps beat them. I thought I'd pay an interest in Stevie once he joined the 49ers, but there was nothing. I expect my interest in Fred to be about the same,.,Meh. Thanks for the memories, but if you're not a Bill (and you're not on my fantasy team)...not a big interest.

Good place for Freddie to land. Great organization with a chance to win. And he should get some solid play time up there. In longer third down situations Freddie could see a lot of playing time, then of course there could be an injury to Lynch or one of the backups that could see him get legit carries. I think Freddie will have a decent year 25-30 receptions a few hundred yards on the ground and through the air with 2-4 TD's.

I would bet anything that if Seattle also had Karlos, Boobie and Bryce as backups to Marshawn, they would not be signing Fred. Turbin just isn't very good.

People are vastly overstating how good Bryce and Boobie are. They are nothing special, even as backups. Karlos, on the other hand, has the luxury of the jury still being out.

People can talk up this move all they want (because fans seem to be able to rationalize anything the team does) but it was a sh*t move and he will be missed on this team. His leadership will be a hole that won't be filled and the guy did all the little things on offense that don't often get recognition. Those little things add up over the coarse of a season. Boobie, Bryce and Karlos - none of them will make up for what the team lost in FJ.

ROTFLMAO

this is hysterical... man nothing but comedy these days

Its hysterical..

I won't they are not playing for the Buffalo Bills I won't even follow them....

I have 0 allegiances to any player unless they are on the roster.

I hope FJ does well, but in all honesty it wouldn't bug me a bit if he didn't

You are very intense.

People are vastly overstating how good Bryce and Boobie are. They are nothing special, even as backups. Karlos, on the other hand, has the luxury of the jury still being out.

People can talk up this move all they want (because fans seem to be able to rationalize anything the team does) but it was a sh*t move and he will be missed on this team. His leadership will be a hole that won't be filled and the guy did all the little things on offense that don't often get recognition. Those little things add up over the coarse of a season. Boobie, Bryce and Karlos - none of them will make up for what the team lost in FJ.

I was just answering a post of why Seattle will sign him. I didn't want him released. I thought we should keep him for all the reasons you gave.

I think you are forgetting however that he has had substantial injuries all three of the last three years. Not counting this preseason. More fragile than Goodwin. And that if McCoy goes down he could not be counted on to carry 15-20 carries a game.

I think there were 15 good reasons to keep him and 10 to release him. I would have kept him. But Seattle is going to sign him because they have crappy backups.

Freddy was the 2nd best RB in the lineup and no other Bills RB's have accomplished enough to say otherwise

I get cutting older players but when they make peanuts shouldn't a team wait for somebody to unsurp them first?