Rex is torn TT or Cassel

Reed83HOF

The EJ haters want him gone. The EJ fanboys want him anointed starter. Objectively speaking, EJ should be make the team as our 3rd QB with a chance to move up should circumstances call for it. TT starting, Cassel with the clipboard.

keep three

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand why they would pick Tyrod over EJ, but I just feel like that drive we saw from Taylor yesterday is his ceiling. He's pretty much maxed out. And I can't get over his height.

EJ showed us a glimpse of his ceiling and it blows Tyrod out of the water. EJ can be Cam Newton with good intangibles minus some running skills.

Yes, but Tyrod can be better than Cam. He doesn't have Cam's size but he is a much more accurate passer & his mobility is off the charts. Cam is a good QB but imo he is a tad over rated.

The disagreements over TT and EJ need to clarify whether TT or EJ have a ceiling, a roof or a dome on their prospects, otherwise a poster will just be displaying a structural defect in his argument.

hello, and welcome to the ........ best of luck withtheinterface.

Go Bills !

I've been neutral about this QB competition. Cassel didn't look very good to me yesterday. If that's what the offense is going to look like with him under center, it's going to be a boring and frustrating season. EJ has a mental issue - his QB play remind me of my golf game - when he is relaxed and just goes out and plays, he can look great. But that one incompletion - and I know it's a nitpick - was vintage EJ Yips. He thought too much and his mechanics fell apart. I'm sure it's terrifying for the coaches to see that. The problem with EJ is mental not physical, which is very hard for coaches to deal with. TT looked the best of the three but I still need to see a touchdown pass out of him in the redzone. That's what would worry me if I were his coaches.May have been a classic EJ tip but no it wasnt a yip

You know how many of those throws Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, Ryan Tannehill, and Andy Dalton make a game?

And some were ready to trade anything to get Cutler.

Do Bills fans even watch other games?

Edited by Big Blitz

You know how many of those throws Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford, Ryan Tannehill, and Andy Dalton make a game? And some were ready to trade anything to get Cutler. Do Bills fans even watch other games?

I see Andrew Luck make yip throws sometimes. Those are the throws separating Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady from everybody else.

I've been neutral about this QB competition. Cassel didn't look very good to me yesterday. If that's what the offense is going to look like with him under center, it's going to be a boring and frustrating season. EJ has a mental issue - his QB play remind me of my golf game - when he is relaxed and just goes out and plays, he can look great. But that one incompletion - and I know it's a nitpick - was vintage EJ Yips. He thought too much and his mechanics fell apart. I'm sure it's terrifying for the coaches to see that. The problem with EJ is mental not physical, which is very hard for coaches to deal with.

TT looked the best of the three but I still need to see a touchdown pass out of him in the redzone. That's what would worry me if I were his coaches.

Where are your concerns about the other QBs misses? I am fine with giving the reigns to TT(although I think its hard since the other two have starting experience). But saying that EJs one miss is a case of the "Yips" screams bias from my point of view.

It's almost a shame that PIT's defense is so horrid, because now our expectations from these QBs is so high it's bound to be a disappointment when the season starts and they have to play against a real defense. The Colts have a strong D and it's going to be a wakeup call once we no longer see big plays and TDs every drive.

I would have preferred to see how these QBs respond under pressure against a good defense. That's how to separate them.

It's almost a shame that PIT's defense is so horrid, because now our expectations from these QBs is so high it's bound to be a disappointment when the season starts and they have to play against a real defense. The Colts have a strong D and it's going to be a wakeup call once we no longer see big plays and TDs every drive.

I would have preferred to see how these QBs respond under pressure against a good defense. That's how to separate them.

Lol, you think the Colts have a strong D?

OK saying that Manuel has a higher ceiling than Taylor is one thing. I disagree with you and I think you only believe that because of where they were drafted, which is entirely misleading with respect to both of them, but it's a rational thought. But you said that drive yesterday was Taylor's ceiling. That would be like if Mike Trout hit three home runs in a game, stole two bases and made the sickest catch ever, saying "I don't know guys, I think we just saw his ceiling." You literally couldn't have had two better drives than he had.

This post is gold for my TBD drinking game. Every time someone types "ceiling" I take a shot of Cuervo.

Lol, you think the Colts have a strong D?

Well, okay, maybe that's a bit much. But definitely stronger than Pittsburgh. I mean, they finished 11th in the league last year in yards allowed, and 2nd in the league in 3rd down percentage. Last year, they allowed only a single third-down conversion over a four game stretch, which is the longest in NFL history.

I mean, that's not too bad.

Well, okay, maybe that's a bit much. But definitely stronger than Pittsburgh. I mean, they finished 11th in the league last year in yards allowed, and 2nd in the league in 3rd down percentage. Last year, they allowed only a single third-down conversion over a four game stretch, which is the longest in NFL history.

probably because their opponents were forever in 1st and 2nd down situations.

Consider the fact that these QBs played with none of our skilled players. I think the Colts D should be nervous.

Yeah, I suppose they are better than I give them credit for, but I still don't think they are too much to handle.

May have been a classic EJ tip but no it wasnt a yip

I just watched it. It was bad footwork once again. EJ doesn't step straight into his throw. He steps out, opening up his hips, and messing up his arm motion. Same mistake he's always made. Steelers' color commentator Charlie Batch immediately noted his bad footwork after the throw.

It doesn't take away from his great game, but bad footwork is not an uncommon issue for EJ. He did the same thing on the TD pass to Clay, but his arm strength made up for it.