How Does Indy Game Plan for Taylor?

PolishDave

Which is what? How do teams effectively stop Russel Wilson?

Do you understand football at all? Tyrod Taylor isn't the first running QB in the league and doesn't bring anything new to the field that that the league hasn't already seen. Defenses have game planned against guys like him before, sometimes the defense wins and sometimes the offense wins.

Edited by Max997

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you understand football at all? Tyrod Taylor isn't the first running QB in the league and doesn't bring anything new to the field that that the league hasn't already seen. Defenses have game planned against guys like him before, sometimes the defense wins and sometimes the offense wins.

Thanks for the insult. No I know nothing about football. Do your friends whip the bird at you a lot and call you names like shi*****? I bet they do.

A response of "just do what you would do against another running quarterback" as you are suggesting, sounds like a response from someone who knows nothing about football. That response is so vague that it provides zero value to the discussion and is essentially makes it look like you have no idea how to actually defend against the guy.

Here is another great one from you, a seemingly self proclaimed football genius -"sometimes the defense wins and sometimes the offense wins". Now that my friend is fricken genius analysis right there.

Boom. Free pierogi for you today and tomorrow. :doh:

Call up the Colts and offer to consult with them on your genius idea for game planning against a guy like Tyrod Taylor. They will pay you millions for that kind of insider knowledge and high level breakdown of how to beat the guy if they end up facing him.

Most teams can't defend against Russel Wilson very well. It seems to be an ongoing challenge for every defense in the NFL. So what the hell is wrong with asking a guy for a more detailed answer than just saying - "do what you would do against Russel Wilson". Different teams probably try to defend against him in different ways. I was simply asking that guy how he would do it.

Edited by PolishDave

if I'm the Bills here's what I do: use Clay, McCoy, Harvin to attack the middle of the field. get their LB's to cover them. even if they are covered then T-Mobile runs it up the middle for a 10 yard gain once the LB's drop back in coverage. if they try and spy him then we have the receivers open over the middle. if they try and drop down the safety to help then we have Watkins or Woods deep. it's almost too easy. Indy can't stop it.

but unfortunately we can't stop Indy either. Andrew Luck will have either T.Y. Hilton or Andre Johnson in man coverage vs Darby. they will probably throw that way 30 times at least. it's a glaring hole on defense and a good QB will be able to take advantage

If the Bills offense can move at will, as you say, then they'll have to restrain themselves and prioritize first downs over quick scores in order to keep the Colts' offense off the field.

The last preseason game might have hurt EJ because quick scores, while essential to catching up, is detrimental to winning the T.O.P. battle; Tyrod's drives lasted longer.

Edited by nonprophet

Keep him in the pocket, hold the rush lanes, stack the box against the run. Force him to beat you from the pocket, especially in the red zone.

it won't take much more then this.

taylor will be easy to beat. that doesn't mean the Dolts will win but simply it is one matchup they'll win. we have to win on every other matchup.

Blitz the peejeebers out of him until he proves he can beat it. Bring delayed blitzes from the outside to keep him from running outside. After he hands off the read option clean his clock. If you can catch up to him lay the wood on him.

I think this why they got Shady. Clay and Harvin. One on one on those three isn't a high percentage play.

Max you cant blast someone for their take and then give a bland answer like that.......why did you bother to respond at all?

Thanks for the insult. No I know nothing about football. Do your friends whip the bird at you a lot and call you names like shi*****? I bet they do.

A response of "just do what you would do against another running quarterback" as you are suggesting, sounds like a response from someone who knows nothing about football. That response is so vague that it provides zero value to the discussion and is essentially makes it look like you have no idea how to actually defend against the guy.

Here is another great one from you, a seemingly self proclaimed football genius -"sometimes the defense wins and sometimes the offense wins". Now that my friend is fricken genius analysis right there.

Boom. Free pierogi for you today and tomorrow. :doh:

Call up the Colts and offer to consult with them on your genius idea for game planning against a guy like Tyrod Taylor. They will pay you millions for that kind of insider knowledge and high level breakdown of how to beat the guy if they end up facing him.

Most teams can't defend against Russel Wilson very well. It seems to be an ongoing challenge for every defense in the NFL. So what the hell is wrong with asking a guy for a more detailed answer than just saying - "do what you would do against Russel Wilson". Different teams probably try to defend against him in different ways. I was simply asking that guy how he would do it.

Russell Wilson has the highest passer rating of any QB in NFL history over his first three seasons. Kaepernick might have the strongest arm in the NFL. In terms of mobile QBs It is much more reasonable to compare Taylor to a smaller and somewhat less accurate Michael Vick.

Russell Wilson has the highest passer rating of any QB in NFL history over his first three seasons. Kaepernick might have the strongest arm in the NFL. In terms of mobile QBs It is much more reasonable to compare Taylor to a smaller and somewhat less accurate Michael Vick.

Why?

There is absolutely no basis to say he is less accurate then Vick.....none

Except Tyrod is bigger than Vick...