How Does Indy Game Plan for Taylor?

PolishDave

The more time and effort they devote to trying to figure out how to stop Tyrod, the less time they have to dedicate to stopping the other proven weapons on offense that the Bills have.

Is a guy that is fast enough to catch Tyrod Taylor going to be big enough to tackle a guy like Karlos Williams? This game is going to be fun.

exactly, we need to attack the spy with players like Karlos and Clay.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarcasm? VT got killed that game.

1 point game at half time.

VT defense could not stop Stanford in 2nd half.

Stanford had over 500 yards of offense in that game. Over 200 of it was rushing. Last 3 scores of the game were 3 long touchdown passes from Andrew Luck to Fleener.

Stanford scored fast and often just like the Buffalo Bills used to do during the early 1990's Superbowl years.

Edited by PolishDave

This post is not to suggest that Taylor is the starter for week 1 because we simply won't know for sure who it is until Rex actually announces it.

But, regardless of who does actually end up starting, Indy is going to have to try to be prepared for the possibility that it might be Tyrod Taylor.

And my question is - How does Indy game plan for Taylor? What would you do if you had to try to stop him?

Easy, I blitz him so he has make quick decisions and I assign a spy to watch him in case he tries to run.

Easy, I blitz him so he has make quick decisions and I assign a spy to watch him in case he tries to run.

So you commit 2 or more extra players to try to disrupt/stop Tyrod?

Seems like a winning situation for Tyrod. There ought to be big plays to be made in more than one spot on the field if that happens.

So you commit 2 or more extra players to try to disrupt/stop Tyrod?

Seems like a winning situation for Tyrod. There ought to be big plays to be made in more than one spot on the field if that happens.

IF TYrod has time due to blitz and canfindopen guys aAN hit them. Seemed to do OK with that in PS. If I'm an opposing coach I would want to see if he can in RS as well. Perhaps playing from behind.

IF TYrod has time due to blitz and canfindopen guys aAN hit them. Seemed to do OK with that in PS. If I'm an opposing coach I would want to see if he can in RS as well. Perhaps playing from behind.

In the pre-season Tyrod played against vanilla defenses, wasn't game planned against, and wasn't blitzed regularly, much less exotically.

Defenses will speed up his already limited reads by blitzing him, flushing him from the pocket to his left, where they guide him out of bounds.

It's not rocket science.

In the pre-season Tyrod played against vanilla defenses, wasn't game planned against, and wasn't blitzed regularly, much less exotically.

Defenses will speed up his already limited reads by blitzing him, flushing him from the pocket to his left, where they guide him out of bounds.

It's not rocket science.

Looks like you've got it all figured out.

So we can expect Taylor to just run out of bounds to his left for losses repeatedly when it is an obvious passing situation? You don't think he will try to get the ball downfield or throw it away if he is out of the pocket and can't make positive yardage?

Colts are not going to worry about Taylor running. That might bite the Colts in the butt. But they are going to be more worried about McCoy running. Expect double team on Watkins and the rest of the defense focused on stopping McCoy. If the Colts stop McCoy, that will force the Bills to beat them with Taylor to Clay, Woods or Harvin. That part of the offense is decent, but not especially intimidating.

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

Colts' D coaches:

"OK, we've gotta contain Taylor in the pocket so he can't run."

"OK, we've gotta contain McCoy so he doesn't run wild."

"OK, we've gotta contain Watkins so he doesn't kill us."

"OK, we've gotta watch out for Harvin on those jet sweeps so he doesn't kill us."

"OK, we've gotta stay on Clay because he's a matchup nightmare and could kill us."

"Wait, you're telling me out best run stuffer isn't playing?"

"Fug it, we're screwed. I hope Luck throws 5 cause we're gonna need em all."

Colts' D coaches:

"OK, we've gotta contain Taylor in the pocket so he can't run."

"OK, we've gotta contain McCoy so he doesn't run wild."

"OK, we've gotta contain Watkins so he doesn't kill us."

"OK, we've gotta watch out for Harvin on those jet sweeps so he doesn't kill us."

"OK, we've gotta stay on Clay because he's a matchup nightmare and could kill us."

"Wait, you're telling me out best run stuffer isn't playing?"

"Fug it, we're screwed. I hope Luck throws 5 cause we're gonna need em all."

That's what were hoping for. The real bullets are gonna fly now.

It's not rocket science.

Throw in the direction of the blitz...also not rocket science .

Not sure if already posted but I looked up colts schedule from last year to see if they played any mobile qbs and the result. The only one I found was Colt McCoy. He threw for 392 and 3TDs. 3 rushing attempts for 12 yds

Now the No Names had one of the worst defenses in the league so McCoy was throwing the whole game to catch up. They only ran the ball 18 times and threw 47 times! But still interesting nonetheless. TE had a huge game...

Edited by YoloinOhio