Montana and Young

Both shared starting duties at one point for the 49ers. What are the odds that we have two legitimate quarterbacks sharing reps during the season? I'm not saying that poor performance leads to one getting benched either. What I'm saying is a specific game plan that requires two different skill sets to be on the field at different points in the game. I know how absurd it sounds but I why not?

A Losman vs Trent problem is a better analogy. Not in playing style but in a guy who we picked in the first round and hasn't yet delivered on that vs another young guy who was a later round pick but has shown some good things in camp and doesn't have the baggage of past failures.

I believe EJ and Tyrod can be better than Losman and Trent... but the second coming of Montana and Young might be stretching a point I would suggest.

Both shared starting duties at one point for the 49ers. What are the odds that we have two legitimate quarterbacks sharing reps during the season? I'm not saying that poor performance leads to one getting benched either. What I'm saying is a specific game plan that requires two different skill sets to be on the field at different points in the game. I know how absurd it sounds but I why not?

What?

Hey, what, huh? When, where?

I think this would be more effective from a strategic standpoint if Cassel were to get the nod and they coach TT up and end up putting him out there intermittently thought the game. There is much more difference in those two than there is between TT and EJ. Non body has the legs like TT, but EJ is no statue

Actually Montana didn't retire, he went to KC, think he was hurt so the 49's were moved on to Young a that point and let Montana go to KC the following year. Don't recall the Owens thing??

One took over after the other retired. The other got screwed over by Terrel Owens after he took over. I don't think they shared duties.

Actually Montana didn't retire, he went to KC, think he was hurt so the 49's were moved on to Young a that point and let Montana go to KC the following year. Don't recall the Owens thing??

I recall Owens catching Young's pass to beat GB in the playoffs. I thought that was the only season they played together before Young retired.

Sure but Montana and Young didn't split playing time based on their skill set or the opponents. Also lets not compare our QBs to two HOFers, its been a good preseason, lets see how the regular season goes.

if the bills were smart, they would have two qb's on the field at the same time, just like those old 49er teams used to do.

i loved it when both montana and young would be behind center. young would get the snap, lateral it over to montana who would shimmy around the backfield until young got open deep. then montana would throws one of his perfect 70 yard zingers to young for the td!

Edited by Dirtbag

One took over after the other retired. The other got screwed over by Terrel Owens after he took over. I don't think they shared duties.

One won Super Bowls while the other rode the bench and watched the master.

Edited by Rico

I think this would be more effective from a strategic standpoint if Cassel were to get the nod and they coach TT up and end up putting him out there intermittently thought the game. There is much more difference in those two than there is between TT and EJ. Non body has the legs like TT, but EJ is no statue

Alex smith and kaepernick did it a little