EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

Just got word this morning- coaches' minds already made up, starting Manuel is a charade mostly to mess with Indianapolis and/or to see if he has any trade value. He has no chance of starting on opening day. Take it to the bank. According to a pretty credible source, I'm pretty sure I know who is starting. Carry on.

Gee, you must be so conflicted as to where to post this. :thumbdown:

Maybe you could start your own thread and shout it out to the world!

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised (at all) if Cassel starts. I know that people won't be too happy but if they really believe that they want a guy to "not make mistakes" it probably is him. Please do not post his TD/INT ratio. I get it. Their belief is that he has the best grasp of the offense (which is probably true as a 10 year vet) and he will get the ball where they want it. Cassel in a lot of ways is the guy that the coaches can "control" the most.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I wouldn't be surprised (at all) if Cassel starts. I know that people won't be too happy but if they really believe that they want a guy to "not make mistakes" it probably is him. Please do not post his TD/INT ratio. I get it. Their belief is that he has the best grasp of the offense (which is probably true as a 10 year vet) and he will get the ball where they want it. Cassel in a lot of ways is the guy that the coaches can "control" the most.

Honestly at this point the only shocking opening day starter for me would be Simms. Though based on what I have seen, Manuel would be a mild surprise.

Just got word this morning- coaches' minds already made up, starting Manuel is a charade mostly to mess with Indianapolis and/or to see if he has any trade value. He has no chance of starting on opening day. Take it to the bank. According to a pretty credible source, I'm pretty sure I know who is starting. Carry on.

this is what I assumed all along.

Kirby,

But isnt his TD to interception ration relevant here? This is why I feel they should just too with TT........they are counting on someone to not make mistakes because he is a veteran........but

I see this as entirely possible

But Tyrod will also play some series as a change up.

Cassel #1a

Taylor #1b

Manuel #2

I have been thinking about this too...

I wonder if they will do that and how much of it they will do.

I would think you would need to leave the guy in for an entire series, not just throw him in for a play here or play there.

I would think you would basically pull Cassel and put Taylor in to completely screw up the defense and try to take away momentum from the other team. For example, suppose Cassel is playing a lousy first half, I would be very much inclined to pull him at half time and put in Taylor for the second half just to catch the defense off guard and interrupt a losing situation.

I have been thinking about this too...

I wonder if they will do that and how much of it they will do.

I would think you would need to leave the guy in for an entire series, not just throw him in for a play here or play there.

I would think you would basically pull Cassel and put Taylor in to completely screw up the defense and try to take away momentum from the other team. For example, suppose Cassel is playing a lousy first half, I would be very much inclined to pull him at half time and put in Taylor for the second half just to catch the defense off guard and interrupt a losing situation.

The problem with that is you destroy your own offensive rythum at well swapping out qbs like that........qb is a timing position.....they warm up as games go on.

I am not a fan of this

Kirby,

But isnt his TD to interception ration relevant here? This is why I feel they should just too with TT........they are counting on someone to not make mistakes because he is a veteran........but

I agree but I do not think that they would. The way that they are viewing it is that Cassel is the most equipped to run the play as it is drawn up. If Roman has enough confidence in his scheme (which from the sound of it he does) the guys will be open. He may believe (and most likely does) that the TD/INT ratio is a function of what Cassel was asked to do, his limited playmakers and the scheme. How many of those picks were a function of Cordarrelle Patterson running the wrong route? We don't know that but we do know that guy scored an 11 on the wonderlic (still better than the 7 from Tavon Autsin).

The point being the Bills probably believe with their coaching and skill players they can improve that. He will have guys open, in the right places and all that he will have to do is go through his progressions. I am not saying that this is right or wrong but that is why I think that they aren't too concerned about his time in Minnesota.

i don't see that. I have a feeling it will be TT unless he's not doing well in the film room.

Same.

I think he showed in the Browns game he can make the smart safe throws just like Cassel can. He can sustain long drives to keep the defense fresh and he can convert tough third downs.

As far as Manuel starting the 3rd preseason game, I don't think this could be a dress rehearsal for whoever the starting QB will be anyways. The Bills will be missing Watkins, Ka. Williams, Woods, Clay possibly. The only thing the QB starting would get is to play behind the starting OL.

The problem with that is you destroy your own offensive rythum at well swapping out qbs like that........qb is a timing position.....they warm up as games go on.

I am not a fan of this

Don't you destroy it more by swapping a QB in for a play though instead of an entire series? I would think so. Rhythm and momentum are more of something you develop over the course of back to back plays in a series are they not?

And I am suggesting you do it only if Cassel is not doing well. If he had rhythm and momentum on his side already, then no I wouldn't want to interrupt that. Get me?