EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horsecrap. Namecalling, when you know you are right, and the other guy is wrong...is the cherry on top. But, as we've seen in repsonses to my threads/posts in the last 72 hours: namecalling more often has to do with remaining butthurt over a thread from 3-10 years ago, that ended with me living rent free in some poster's head ever since.

Which, as anyone who as ever had real hire/fire responsibility knows, is the very best situation. Agonizing...over who to promote, or fire, is the sign that you are doing a great job at recruiting, that your project really F'ing matters...to everybody involved, and even those who aren't, and that your skills as a manager are being truly tested.

Any unmitigated moron can hire safe a candidate == "Yes, sir. Yes, sir. 3 bags full". The pro hires the person who presents a risk: can that person run with you, and more importantly, can you run with that person?

Hilarious. I did a post with fancy pics a few years ago...that clearly shows Tannehill's ceiling is, at best, Trent Edwards/Chad Pennigton. 5 damn stills and the man never moved his head off of his primary receiver. He got sacked, even with 5 seconds and 5 options...by a DT that had to beat 3 guys to finally get to him.

Dude: if there's any bias in sports, it's that Miami has finally replaced Marino...before Buffalo has replaced Kelly. Miami has "replaced Marino" 4 damn times. It's like I always say: Miami is a huge TV market, and telling a lot of people what they want to hear == big $$$$$.

I'll be there for game 3. Everybody on this board should seriously consider it. This is approaching the Detroit "home game" from last year status. That was fun. I met a childhood hero in Chris Chelios, and we won. This? This will be a riot.

The Bills Backers of Orlando, Tampa and Miami have put out immensely, and have nothing short of a rage-fest planned. The Miami ticket people are so scared after last year, they've given us a 35% discount....to sit in the same sections, plural(cause we have huge numbers), so that they don't have to deal with their fans getting smoked throughout the stadium. If you're already going? You shall know me by my antics.

Bryan Cox hates Bills fans now more than ever.

I have carried this quote with me everywhere I've been, low crawling through mud and pig guts, in airports behind idiots who bring 10 plastic bags to security, into meetings with people that wanted me dead, never mind fired, even into New Jersey. It's on the same piece of worn-out paper that I've had since lacrosse games in high school. It smells like lacrosse gloves, desperation...and "strange" :lol:. This quote represents the true meaning of "progressive", from the guy who created the concept, and would be pissed as hell to find out how badly it's been bastardized today.

Like I said: this board needs an irony/illogical sound effect.

Um, again, in deference to the bullet-point guy, here you go:

• Empirical Evidence of Groupthink

When you have to go out of your way to not only disclaim your own opinion, but, to disclaim the "different opinions" of others?

That's Groupthink. Case closed.

Oh Kelly, we agree on so much more than you know.

The good news: I have all the patience in the world, unlimited bandwidth, and as much disk/ram as SDS cares to provide.

OC I will be there, PM me and let me know where you plan on tailgating. I live just west of Lauderdale and go every year.

Those aren't three thoughts; that article is a single thought repeated in three different ways.

and again assumes that EJ will actually get more time with the "ones" than the other two which would be the only difference between being 1st, 2nd, or 3rd... Something we don't know yet, and that the "ones" are actually playing, which many are not. Edited by YoloinOhio

Not sure if it is just me, but I can never open 26's links from tweets on my iphone. Wonder if anyone else has that same issue?

@mikerodak

EJ Manuel will start tomorrow's game for the Bills, but does it matter? http://es.pn/1Vhs51A

Wow. Legitimately wanted to choke Trey Wingo out while watching that. What a smarmy douche. And the rest of those guys know nothing at all about the situation in Buffalo. So annoying watching anything with national/mainstream media.

Not sure if it is just me, but I can never open 26's links from tweets on my iphone. Wonder if anyone else has that same issue?

I don't have an IPhone but have the same issue. The workaround I've found is instead of just clicking the link, press and hold and when prompted, select the "Open in New Window" option. It works every time for me, but again, on an Android.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Those aren't three thoughts; that article is a single thought repeated in three different ways.

If we're judging by that standard, this board or any other internet forum wouldn't exist.

But in seriousness, there are two thoughts in there. Thoughts 1 & 3 are similar, but not 2.

Edited by GG

Sal Maiorana's article about EJ starting in the D&C he states that EJ is coming from Behind and is in third place in the competition. When was this announced by the coaching staff? Speculation is one thing as well as opinion but for the media to just flat out make a statement like this as fact is complete bullcrap.I think it's unfair for these media types to paint this picture of EJ.I didn't want to believe it but it sure looks like they are trying to bury this kid.

Yep. Media is just getting confused because they're trying to infuse a meaning that they want into a story it doesn't fit with.

Exactly.

Rex yesterday "Nobody can say that all 3 didn't get a fair shot." That's really the bottom line.

Yep.

The media in WNY hasn't had this much to write about in the preseason in over a decade. Most of them come of as being dumber than the jocks they write about.

Sal Maiorana's article about EJ starting in the D&C he states that EJ is coming from Behind and is in third place in the competition. When was this announced by the coaching staff? Speculation is one thing as well as opinion but for the media to just flat out make a statement like this as fact is complete bullcrap.I think it's unfair for these media types to paint this picture of EJ.I didn't want to believe it but it sure looks like they are trying to bury this kid.

Just don't bother with Salmonella. He's toxic.

Wow. Legitimately wanted to choke Trey Wingo out while watching that. What a smarmy douche. And the rest of those guys know nothing at all about the situation in Buffalo. So annoying watching anything with national/mainstream media.

I get what you are saying because it kind of irked me when he said "not many teams are in as bad of quarterback situation as the Buffalo Bills".

But when I try to look at it from his perspective, I get why he would think that way and probably why a lot of the league looks at Buffalo the same way.

From an outsider's perspective here is what we have:

One quarterback that has bounced around from team to team because he is not good enough to solidify a starting position on any of them for any length of time.

One quarterback who got benched after 4 games of mediocrity at best following a lackluster rookie season.

One quarterback who looked okay coming out of college but sat the bench as a number two and doesn't have any real regular season playing time in the NFL.

I know we get to see things closer up than that as Bills fans, which allows us to see bright spots where other people don't. But I can totally see (from an outsider's perspective) how the Buffalo Bills situation at quarterback looks pretty pathetic.

In fact, unless you are a Bills fan who pays attention to everything happening in practice and preseason, I don't see how you could ever possibly be optimistic about the Bills QB situation.

Edited by PolishDave

This is all that needs to be said about Trey Wingo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC7D1a5cUjw

I get what you are saying because it kind of irked me when he said "not many teams are in as bad of quarterback situation as the Buffalo Bills".

But when I try to look at it from his perspective, I get why he would think that way and probably why a lot of the league looks at Buffalo the same way.

One quarterback that has bounced around from team to team because he is not good enough to solidify a starting position on any of them for any length of time.

One quarterback who got benched after 4 games of mediocrity at best following a lackluster rookie season.

One quarterback who looked okay coming out of college but sat the bench as a number two and doesn't have any real regular season playing time in the NFL.

I know we get to see things closer up than that as Bills fans, which allows us to see bright spots where other people don't. But I can totally see (from an outsider's perspective) how the Buffalo Bills situation at quarterback looks pretty pathetic.

In fact, unless you are a Bills fan who pays attention to everything happening in practice and preseason, I don't see how you could ever possibly be optimistic about the Bills QB situation.

The thing is, these guys are paid to talk about the 32 NFL teams. They shouldn't be outsiders. Either get better information or shut the f*** up. I expect more from journalists and sports reporters. Not lazy crap. I understand it's a lot to get accurate info and feel for every team, but again, that's their job. They're just lazy, that's what it comes down to.

No, No, No....all reporters are idiots and hacks...wait, this one likes Buffalo...ok, he's always been good IMO... but they rest are SOB's....

And by the way, the Bills QB situation is still shaky. We have no idea what we are going to get from any of these QB's. I hope we have a diamond in the rough in TT, I hope MC can come in a play a safe semi-conservative game, i hope EJ comes on strong and proves everyone wrong....But they have to prove it in games that count, until then, this QB situation is not ideal...

Edited by ricojes

This is all that needs to be said about Trey Wingo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC7D1a5cUjw

Haha that's great

No, No, No....all reporters are idiots and hacks...wait, this one likes Buffalo...ok, he's always been good IMO... but they rest are SOB's....

Or maybe some of them actually aren't very good and don't put much effort into the product that they put out there. But no, I'm sure you're astute analysis here is correct.