EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

I understand what you are saying but you game plan for 2 QBs at this point in time regardless. Cassel and Tyrod, EJ would fall between the two of them(from a game planning stand point). And if he is traded then the point is mute anyhow..

Just don't tell anyone about it. :lol:

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this talk of subterfuge buys the Bills little to no advantage IMO. It's not as if NFL defenses haven't figured out how to gameplan for dual threat or traditional pocket passer QBs. Indy will prepare for both types and be ready. The real question is do they have the defensive personnel to match up with what the Bills will present. I'm betting no.

All of this talk of subterfuge buys the Bills little to no advantage IMO. It's not as if NFL defenses haven't figured out how to gameplan for dual threat or traditional pocket passer QBs. Indy will prepare for both types and be ready. The real question is do they have the defensive personnel to match up with what the Bills will present. I'm betting no.

Are they preparing for both? Are they going to have 2 game plans depending on who starts? If so there is a much, much greater chance for blown assignments. Especially, to your point, on a team with such a poor defensive roster. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just got word this morning- coaches' minds already made up, starting Manuel is a charade mostly to mess with Indianapolis and/or to see if he has any trade value. He has no chance of starting on opening day. Take it to the bank. According to a pretty credible source, I'm pretty sure I know who is starting. Carry on.

Leroi LIVES!!

Are they preparing for both? Are they going to have 2 game plans depending on who starts? If so there is a much, much greater chance for blown assignments. Especially, to your point, on a team with such a poor defensive roster.

I assume that every team will have to prepare for both if Cassel and TT are #1 and #2.

Because, if Cassel starts, there is an excellent chance that Roman will use TT on a handful of plays per game.

I don't think the Bills think Indy doesn't know how to game plan for both QBs. The Bills are making the Colts prepare for more and with the short amount of time teams are given now, it's possible they can't fully prepare for both. Whereas if they knew for certain it was Cassel they could install a better more thorough game plan on what they want to run and how they want to stop the Bills. A not focused approach. There is loads of film out there on Cassel and not a lot of Tyrod, so they would be guessing at what the Bills might be doing with Tyrod.

I think you are underestimating how defenses prepare.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Are they preparing for both? Are they going to have 2 game plans depending on who starts? If so there is a much, much greater chance for blown assignments. Especially, to your point, on a team with such a poor defensive roster.

Teams make adjustments throughout games. Pretty standard stuff. They suck on D and that'll be their main issue.

EJ is trying to buy off the OL!

@cordyglenn77: Some new heat, what yall think?🔥🔥 Big shouts to @EJManuel3... thanks for hookin me up bro http://t.co/cMc8g9X7EW

First step: Shoe hookup.

Second step: Get fat guy you hooked up to deflate balls.

Third step: Make hooked up dude your fall guy.

EJ really is becoming a seasoned vet...

To be perfectly honest, until I got this this morning, I always kind of dismissed the "messing with Indianapolis" thing myself. I don't think it's so much to make them think it could actually be Manuel so much as not letting them know if it's going to be Cassel or Taylor. The Bills have already been preparing for Indianapolis for weeks. You figure the Colts not knowing if they have to prepare for a guy like Taylor or not could throw a small wrench into their game planning.

That's actually a very real possibility. And yes it is a big disadvantage to the Colts not knowing that. It is a big disadvantage because they have to waste precious time and mental capital trying to prepare for both scenarios. And the players have to watch film, study and remember how to defend against twice as many potential scenarios. That is definitely harder to do well than just preparing for one.

Just got word this morning- coaches' minds already made up, starting Manuel is a charade mostly to mess with Indianapolis and/or to see if he has any trade value. He has no chance of starting on opening day. Take it to the bank. According to a pretty credible source, I'm pretty sure I know who is starting. Carry on.

No offense, but this doesn't sound like something that came from a person close to the situation. It sounds like a take from a WGR caller. Indy doesn't give a crap who starts our 3rd preseason game and the only way EJ's trade value is affected by this game is if he gets hurt.

You're possibly right that the coaches have their minds made up already but the rest of this is suspicious to me. Just my opinion.