EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

No, every time that someone here has gotten info from OBD it has been real. There are a bunch of people that have contacts there all of which are legitimate. They are not concerned about word getting out from a message board poster (no offense Metz).

Then EJ should have already been released.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. OK.

If that is truly the throught process at OBD, I would lose respect for Rex and Whalley.

Shouldn't be more focused on getting their starter ready for the season than playing meaningless games with Indy or facilitating non-existent trade possibilities?

It just seems far-fetched to me.

You think that preparing for Cassel and preparing for Tyrod is the same (or even similar)? Agree to disagree

Where did I say that?

I think they are preparing for Roman more than anything, and that they have been practicing their base defenses to prepare for all types of offenses, and that regardless of who is the QB, they would be putting the packages in that they already have to match that style QB. They would be going in like that anyway because it's the first game of the season, and against an OC that is new to the team.

I could be wrong, maybe Rex Ryan really gets into this kind of thing. I mean, he is the guy that had a player lay down in the endzone for a kickoff return. But I hope that he is beyond that kind of thinking at this point, and is concentrating on developing a QB.

Edited by HoF Watkins

If that is truly the throught process at OBD, I would lose respect for Rex and Whalley.

Shouldn't be more focused on getting their starter ready for the season than playing meaningless games with Indy or facilitating non-existent trade possibilities?

Rex already said he doesn't believe the 3rd preseason game means as much as people say. And how would they get the starting QB ready? Nearly all of the skills players won't be playing tomorrow so it's not like they'll be able to get ready with the guys they would be playing with.

I keep wanting to think that too, like, how could a pro sports team let something like that leak out.

But, man, if its NOT true, Metz is really laying his credibility on the line. If it's not true, his word will be worth less than zero around these here parts. Especially with the way he puts it, so definitavly

Have I missed a post today where he says who the coaches have decided on? The way it reads to me, if the coaches name Cassel or Taylor the starter, Metz can say he was right. Now, I tend to think that Metz must have a legitimate source, but still.

im not sure they aren't focused getting their starter ready for the season. Playing EJ the first 2 series with the ones, instead of the last 2 series with the ones, because the order of play could potentially have a positive effect on the team, and has no obvious negative effect on the team, doesn't take away from that.

I keep wanting to think that too, like, how could a pro sports team let something like that leak out.

But, man, if its NOT true, Metz is really laying his credibility on the line. If it's not true, his word will be worth less than zero around these here parts. Especially with the way he puts it, so definitavly

But that's the beauty of it. There's no way to prove it's not true unless EJ starts week 1. Which is extremely unlikely.

If EJ gets traded (not gonna happen) - Metz says "told ya so"

If he is not traded - Metz says - "No viable trade option"

If Cassel or Taylor are named starter - Metz says "That's who I thought it was going to be all along".

Its not really a concrete scoop that can be proven one way or the other.

Have I missed a post today where he says who the coaches have decided on? The way it reads to me, if the coaches name Cassel or Taylor the starter, Metz can say he was right. Now, I tend to think that Metz must have a legitimate source, but still.

Look back at what his post says, I believe the phrases, "starter has already been decided", and "take it to the bank" were used in there

Roman wants Cassell.

The decision has already been made.

EJ has 0% chance to be the starter.

Those have been Metz's guarantees, to my knowledge.

Edited by LeGOATski

Look back at what his post says, I believe the phrases, "starter has already been decided", and "take it to the bank" were used in there

Right. But no detail on the decision either way he can say he was right. That's why it's suspicious

I've read that post a few times. Just so it's easy, here it is:

Just got word this morning- coaches' minds already made up, starting Manuel is a charade mostly to mess with Indianapolis and/or to see if he has any trade value. He has no chance of starting on opening day. Take it to the bank. According to a pretty credible source, I'm pretty sure I know who is starting. Carry on.

All I'm saying is that if anyone besides EJ is named starter, Metz can claim he was right. I have no reason to doubt Metz, I'm just wondering why he didn't say "I'm pretty sure I know it's [insert name here] who is starting."

This offseason is getting to me, obviously.

Edited by NickelCity

Roman wants Cassell.

The decision has already been made.

EJ has 0% chance to be the starter.

Those have been Metz's guarantees, to my knowledge.

Again - Any of us could guess those.

The only guarantee was that it won't be EJ, this seems fairly obvious to most everybody.

Roman wants Cassell. Makes sense.

So if they go TT, he says "Rex overruled Roman".

maybe if you PM him he will tell you.

LOL. I doubt it. An what the heck do I know? I don't have sources and don't claim to.

Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. Interesting either way.

Where did I say that?

I think they are preparing for Roman more than anything, and that they have been practicing their base defenses to prepare for all types of offenses, and that regardless of who is the QB, they would be putting the packages in that they already have to match that style QB. They would be going in like that anyway because it's the first game of the season, and against an OC that is new to the team.

I could be wrong, maybe Rex Ryan really gets into this kind of thing. I mean, he is the guy that had a player lay down in the endzone for a kickoff return. But I hope that he is beyond that kind of thinking at this point, and is concentrating on developing a QB.

You replied "no, it's not" to my comment that it is like figuring out what to wear and "it might be 30 degrees and it might be 90." I apologize if I interpreted that wrong.

Go back and watch the Rex interview when he talks about his first game as a HC. He basically credits himself for winning it because they put in all kinds of exotic stuff that no one had seen previously. They knocked off a pretty good team if I don't recall. I apologize that I do not remember where the video is but Rex loves that kind of stuff.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Again - Any of us could guess those.

The only guarantee was that it won't be EJ, this seems fairly obvious to most everybody.

Roman wants Cassell. Makes sense.

So if they go TT, he says "Rex overruled Roman".

LOL. I doubt it. An what the heck do I know? I don't have sources and don't claim to.

Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. Interesting either way.

i don't want any spoilers myself. I prefer the element of surprise. PMing Metz to get the name of the starting QB would be like looking at the ultrasound before the baby is born.

Just show me the baby on sept 13,Rex!!!!! Whoever the heck it is!

Better yet, have a guy in a 3, 5 or whatever the hell number Matt Cassel is jersey parachute into the Ralph off of an airplane to announce the starter at 12:55pm!

Edited by YoloinOhio