Bills +3 versus Indy

jumbalaya

You have to bet the Bills. New coach, defense will be smoking, energized stadium.

Last 5 QBs to play at the Ralph:

• 84 / 158 53% Completion Rate
  • 876 Passing Yards = 175 yards per game average
  • 1 TD
  • 7 INTs

I don't care how good Luck is, he will be running for his life all day.

Rodgers the only one of the 5 that compares to Luck was 17/42 185 0 TDs, 2 INT

Bet the money line and win extra big.

To be honest - I wouldn't touch this game or that line with anything more than $5. The game could be anything from a Bills blowout to a Colts blowout...and everything in between. This early in the season, I lean towards defensive teams, but Andrew Luck is a wild card of Manning like proportions...Don't touch this one...

They couldn't handle Carr and the Raiders without Dareus...

B-I-N-G-O

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we really need to get out of this mindset of chalking up automatic losses before the season starts. We can win any game. We showed that vs GB last year. And now we have more weapons. If we're going to compete in the AFC this year, we have to believe that at our HOME OPENER that this is a win and that we can win.

We can win any game to be sure, but they aren't going to win every one, and this is one I think they're more likely to lose than not. I hope I'm wrong. I still think they get to 10 wins.

Dave, you seem to be a bit more on the conservative side when it comes to the Bills so I'm not surprised by this, but if you truly evaluate the matchup from top to bottom (including coaching) there's really only one position at which the Colts are superior. Granted, it's a big one, but this looks really good on paper for the Bills.

Fair point. The issue is that I think Dareus is probably the best player on the Bills' defense, and it'll hurt not having him. Luck is smart, and can exploit his absence. I'm also not confident that we'll have a stellar QB performance in game one. To repeat, I hope I'm wrong.

I've been highly critical of the Bills QB situation and some contracts and long term cap issues I see on the horizon, but I think the Bills win this one. Indy is a great opener for the Bills. They are a hyped team with a young, high quality QB and some real talent at offensive skill positions. But their offensive line and entire defense have real issues and that makes it a very good match up for the Bills. They are weak where we need them to be weak and it'll be a matter of not letting Luck beat us through the air. Plus there is going to be some serious atmosphere in the stadium that day.

I just don't think Rex will lose his first game especially at home. Taking down Luck in week 1 and Brady in week 2 will get the Bills into the early season hype and people will start picking Rex for coach of the year.

Quarterback? We don't need no "F in" quarterback....

So, outside of the shooting, how'd you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln ?

No, I don't think I'm exaggerating at all. How good is the Colts O-line? PFF had them ranked #17 last year. How will they fare against our our D-line, with a Jerry Hughes looking to prove something? That is going to limit Luck's effectiveness.

Colts running game? In 2014 they ranked 22nd. Even with Dareus out, they won't be able to run on us. That puts all the scoring on Luck's shoulders. Gore? Roman can give Thurman some tips on how to stop him.

Defensively, the Colts were 18th against the run in 2014. And from what I read, the Colts do not have a clear-cut NT yet. I think the Bills run game is a little better this year.

So outside of QB, I don't see where the Colts are that much better than the Bills.

I'm guessing McKelvin will be back and if not Darby has to keep improving these last two games where his head is more on a swivel. Otherwise he will be targeted with TY.

The defense puts pressure on Luck. Luck will try and extend plays and will get some monster hits. He may only be sacked twice but will get hammered and rushed and pressured.

I say we win by 4 or 7.

I'm guessing McKelvin will be back and if not Darby has to keep improving these last two games where his head is more on a swivel. Otherwise he will be targeted with TY.

The defense puts pressure on Luck. Luck will try and extend plays and will get some monster hits. He may only be sacked twice but will get hammered and rushed and pressured.

I say we win by 4 or 7.

Highly unlikely that Leo is back for the 1st couple of games. He's still in a walking cast and the season starts in 17 days.

Colts are overrated IMO. A lot went their way to get to the championship game last year. Soft division, then got to play the Bengals (who play like crap in the playoffs) then got Denver when Peyton was clearly not his usual self. NE exposed them. Outside of Andrew Luck (and I guess Trent Cole was a good addition) they really aren't that good and I honestly don't even think Luck is as good as people make him out to be. I would almost expect us to win this game.

Colts are overrated IMO. A lot went their way to get to the championship game last year. Soft division, then got to play the Bengals (who play like crap in the playoffs) then got Denver when Peyton was clearly not his usual self. NE exposed them. Outside of Andrew Luck (and I guess Trent Cole was a good addition) they really aren't that good and I honestly don't even think Luck is as good as people make him out to be. I would almost expect us to win this game.

Come on man ! You can't diss Andrew Luck like that!!!

:devil: / sarc

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Here is the thing about the Colts. The Bills are playing them at maybe the worse time possible. Colts have signed a good mix of some aging vets to help out areas of need. These players will be healthy and ready to go early in the year. I still think the Bills can win, but it will be a tough game. Hope for rain and pain!:)

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

The defense didn't lose that game. We played horrifically on offense. Our Defense was done by the 3rd qtr.

Not true. The Bills D gave up 19 points in the first 3 Q. Then the Bills O got within 2 points in the 4th Q before the D gave up the game losing TD on an 80 yard drive.

I'll take Bills +3.

Oakland actually had a solid OL and pass rush. Indy has neither. Buffalo, in contrast, appears to have both, plus a terrific set of skill position players.

Yep. Indy is a soft team that has struggled on the road vs quality opponents. I expect this line to move and that the game will be Indy -1 or pick 'em by kickoff.

Sure it's a loss, but per usual your take is a little overboard. The two Bryants (Corbin and Red) are very good replacements and the Bills have had all summer to prepare for Dareus' absence in this one game.

For what it's worth, Sal was talking about Corbin Bryant recently, suggesting he is a starter on at least 75% of the teams in the NFL...he's that good according to Sal.

He is also a Northwestern guy said to be pretty smart and who understands what Rex is schematically trying to do on defense.

Maybe he will step up big time and impress us all.

As I have been saying, if we can give Rodgers the worst game of his career, we can do the same, and more, to Luck.