Bills +3 versus Indy

jumbalaya

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Game can go either way. Weakest part of the Bills' defense is the secondary, while the Colts are strong at QB and WR. Who knows how the Bills' QB will perform, whichever dreadful bit of mediocrity it might be. Colts win if it is a high scoring game, Bills win in a low scoring game. A Bills' win and its off to the races, a Bills' loss and it will be trench warfare to make the playoffs. Very important game.

:lol: Something of an exaggeration, don't you think? The offense is legit. Defense? Not so much. Where I give the Bills an edge is in preparation and the fact Luck has not been an All-Pro (a) early in the season and (b) on the road against good opponents.

I'm a big believer the Colts are overrated simply because they have Luck and are in a weak division. But damn, that quarterback.

The Bills being an underdog in a home game will be just the added incentive they need -- the coaches and players DO look at the spreads.

The Colts have an exceptionally weak roster...except the QB.

They're the inverse of the Bills.

The Colts have an exceptionally weak roster...except the QB.

They're the inverse of the Bills.

To be fair, they did add a few pieces at the skill positions this offseason (Gore, A. Johnson, P. Dorsett--I'm just now realizing that they were all Miami Hurricanes) to go along with Hilton, Fleener, Allen, and Moncrief. The deficiency on offense is along the line.

Defense I tend to agree with you, though if Trent Cole and Robert Mathis can return to form, they have the potential to pressure the passer.

While the rest of you are cowering in fear of the Colts, I'll be enjoying a solid Bills win. Like the Big Cat says, After Luck they got nothing.

Frank Gore

T.Y. Hilton

Andre Johnson

Philip Dorsett

Coby Fleener

Dwayne Allen

That's not nothing. There's no need to marginalize the talent that they have; you can simply say that you think the D is up to the task.

Frank Gore

T.Y. Hilton

Andre Johnson

Philip Dorsett

Coby Fleener

Dwayne Allen

That's not nothing. There's no need to marginalize the talent that they have; you can simply say that you think the D is up to the task.

We have:

Jerry Hughes

Mario Williams

Kyle Williams

Marcell Dareus (susp.)

Nigel Bradham

Preston Brown

Stephon Gilmore

LeShawn McCoy

Sammy Watkins

Charles Clay

Percy Harvin

Robert Woods

Cordy Glenn

Dan Carpenter.

They have one mode of attack: through the air. They can't run. They can't block. They can't stop our running attack, and we're probably better than them on special teams, too. You still think we're doomed?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

We have:

Jerry Hughes

Mario Williams

Kyle Williams

Marcell Dareus (susp.)

Nigel Bradham

Preston Brown

Stephon Gilmore

LeShawn McCoy

Sammy Watkins

Charles Clay

Percy Harvin

Robert Woods

Cordy Glenn

Dan Carpenter.

They have one mode of attack: through the air. They can't run. They can't block. They can't stop our running attack, and we're probably better than them on special teams, too. You still think we're doomed?

I'm noticing a very odd trend wherein you totally ignore what someone is saying and then criticize a stance they never took. For example, my very first post in this thread is:

I'll take Bills +3.

Oakland actually had a solid OL and pass rush. Indy has neither. Buffalo, in contrast, appears to have both, plus a terrific set of skill position players.

And yet your response is to ask me if I "still think we're doomed". Why?

While you ponder that, perhaps you can address the real issue that I took with your post, which was the seemingly inaccurate depiction that they have "nothing beyond Luck". In fact, let me re-post it for you, since you appear to have utterly missed the point:

Frank Gore

T.Y. Hilton

Andre Johnson

Philip Dorsett

Coby Fleener

Dwayne Allen

^[additional emphasis included]

This may be sacrilege around these parts, but for all the flash and stats Luck is accumulating, he seems to come up small in big games. I have not looked up stats but my perception (which ofcourse is reality :rolleyes: ) is that Luck will let you down at the most inopportune time. Dareus's absence is huge but I trust Ryan to game plan well enough to stymie Luck. If we get even average QBing with no mistakes, we should win this one.

We have:

Jerry Hughes

Mario Williams

Kyle Williams

Marcell Dareus (susp.)

Nigel Bradham

Preston Brown

Stephon Gilmore

LeShawn McCoy

Sammy Watkins

Charles Clay

Percy Harvin

Robert Woods

Cordy Glenn

Dan Carpenter.

The "one mode of attack" you're referring to happens to be one of the best in the league. They also added a proven commodity at running back in Frank Gore after years of the miserable Trent Richardson.

You don't get to the AFC Championship game with 3 talented players. The Colts roster is better than you're giving them credit for. No one is saying that the Bills are doomed, just that we should be underdogs in this game.

Just looked it up...The Bills were 12-4 the past two seasons at Home vs the spread...And this is a MUCH better team...

Now...I'm sure somebody can come up with the underdog-at-home-winning-outright stat...But I'm guessing it's pretty good... B-)

The "one mode of attack" you're referring to happens to be one of the best in the league. They also added a proven commodity at running back in Frank Gore after years of the miserable Trent Richardson.

You don't get to the AFC Championship game with 3 talented players. The Colts roster is better than you're giving them credit for. No one is saying that the Bills are doomed, just that we should be underdogs in this game.

When you play in a weak division, one playoff win gets you to the AFC final. So yeah, you can get there with just 3 good players.

Actually, I'm not even saying that...I think it should probably be a pick 'em

I'm noticing a very odd trend wherein you totally ignore what someone is saying and then criticize a stance they never took. For example, my very first post in this thread is:

And yet your response is to ask me if I "still think we're doomed". Why?

While you ponder that, perhaps you can address the real issue that I took with your post, which was the seemingly inaccurate depiction that they have "nothing beyond Luck". In fact, let me re-post it for you, since you appear to have utterly missed the point:

^[additional emphasis included]

I am guilty of not reading that closely, so forgive me if I misquoted you. My response was a general one to the worrywarts.

Edited by PromoTheRobot