EJ Manuel: "I love it here and want to stay here"

YoloinOhio

While that's not a good idea, one does sometimes get the feeling that EJ is too much of a "people pleaser" and wonder if he's willing to get in someone's face - an OLman who totally whiffed, a WR who took a route off - when he needs to

Kidding aside, I do think that's one of, if not the biggest knock on EJ, he needs to learn to be a leader and command the offense. In last week's preseason game, when he was getting shelled by the Browns defensive line, 3rd string o-line or not, he should have been in those guys faces basically screaming at them and telling them how to do their job. Remember how Kelly used to be, he would never have let his o-line pull that crap. The great QB's simply elevate the guys around them. There's still lots of time for EJ, would be great to see it click with him, and if not, throw him on the scrap heap.

What QB do you see do this today? With our tire fire at oline last year, did you ever see that from Orton?

Kelly could do that bc those guys were all great players and had the personalities that responded to that. The kids these days don't appreciate getting chewed out on national TV....let alone by a QB that's done nothing in the league yet. Only prima dona WRs are allowed to chew people out on the sidelines.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What QB do you see do this today? With our tire fire at oline last year, did you ever see that from Orton?

Kelly could do that bc those guys were all great players and had the personalities that responded to that. The kids these days don't appreciate getting chewed out on national TV....let alone by a QB that's done nothing in the league yet. Only prima dona WRs are allowed to chew people out on the sidelines.

Tom Brady does it, with him its labled whining. Every QB has a different personality, but the greats take exactly zero crap from the guys around them. If Kelly played today, he'd be chewing asses left and right.

EJ has the arm, the smarts, and the althletisism, his downfall will be his command. That's what he may not have, and I think deep down, that's what his detractors hang their hat on, his lack of command.

Edited by mastershake

And if EJ plays well against the Steelers, how exactly does a team with no established starting QB trade away a young QB who is playing so well other teams are battling to trade for him?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Battling for him? LOL you mean the media rumor mill hyperbole. Not a single credible nfl executive is quoted saying anything. No one is or will " battle" for him. If he was playing that well he would not be as indicated so far possibly the #3 this year, and no i am not a EJ hater but come on man.

Battling for him? LOL you mean the media rumor mill hyperbole. Not a single credible nfl executive is quoted saying anything. No one is or will " battle" for him. If he was playing that well he would not be as indicated so far possibly the #3 this year, and no i am not a EJ hater but come on man.

He was quoting me. I was throwing a theory out. One team offers a 5th, another counters with a 4th (trade battle). Not that far fetched to think that a team that is uncomfortable with their QB situation could want him.

I was referring to the scenario, I don't think any team is battling to trade for EJ right now. If EJ puts on a show against the Steelers then I could potentially see it happening. That would be three straight good preseason games in a row.

I was referring to the scenario, I don't think any team is battling to trade for EJ right now. If EJ puts on a show against the Steelers then I could potentially see it happening. That would be three straight good preseason games in a row.

If you consider throwing for 59%, 4 sacks, 2 TD's 4 sacks and 2 fumbles good then ok. Me it's kind of meh....

If you consider throwing for 59%, 4 sacks, 2 TD's 4 sacks and 2 fumbles good then ok. Me it's kind of meh....

And, ladies and gentlemen, that's what you call misrepresenting statistics to bolster a position.

And, ladies and gentlemen, that's what you call misrepresenting statistics to bolster a position.

How so? Are those not the stats? Please explain how that misrepresents anything. For 3/4 of a game playing against 3rd stringers those are his stats. Period.

So funny hearing the "Meh" expression used to describe the guy who threw a 51 yard TD pass to put the Bills in the lead with 1:55 left in the Carolina game and beat the Browns with a last minute TD pass and 2 point conversion for the win.

How so? Are those not the stats? Please explain how that misrepresents anything. For 3/4 of a game playing against 3rd stringers those are his stats. Period.

The fumbles -- on EJ or the 3rd string C? The latter. 59% completions? Numerous drops, as referenced by Rex. Sacks? Have you seen the Bills' 3rd string OL?

That's textbook misrepresentation, particularly when EJ led the Bills from behind to take the lead in both appearances.

So funny hearing the "Meh" expression used to describe the guy who threw a 51 yard TD pass to put the Bills in the lead with 1:55 left in the Carolina game and beat the Browns with a last minute TD pass and 2 point conversion for the win.

So what you're saying is EJ sucked the rest of the game. Just break the glass on close games with 2 minutes to go. Otherwise leave him on the shelf.

The fumbles -- on EJ or the 3rd string C? The latter. 59% completions? Numerous drops, as referenced by Rex. Sacks? Have you seen the Bills' 3rd string OL?

That's textbook misrepresentation, particularly when EJ led the Bills from behind to take the lead in both appearances.

They were third stringers against third stringer. EJ is also throwing against 3rd string CB's, and having to just adjust against 3rd string LB's and DL's.

The 3rd stringer thing goes both ways. Also, if the snap is bad they will give the fumble to the center. Just as if a hand off is bad they give it to the QB. So those two fumbles were on EJ, not the center.

So what you're saying is EJ sucked the rest of the game. Just break the glass on close games with 2 minutes to go. Otherwise leave him on the shelf.

No, that's not what he's saying, and you phrasing it that way kind of serves to bolster his point that you're purposely misrepresenting things.

EJ was 4/8 against Carolina with 2 very clear drops, and a 3rd that really should've been caught as well.

If you're not going to at least give an honest interpretation of what happened, as well as what others are saying, why participate in the discussion?

They were third stringers against third stringer. EJ is also throwing against 3rd string CB's, and having to just adjust against 3rd string LB's and DL's.

The 3rd stringer thing goes both ways. Also, if the snap is bad they will give the fumble to the center. Just as if a hand off is bad they give it to the QB. So those two fumbles were on EJ, not the center.

You're clearly just trolling, and I'll end my participation here.

EJ is a good QB and a lovely guy. I hope he stays with the team and improves. That being said I have no problem with whomever Coach Ryan starts and will have full faith in that decision. All 3 of the QBs are good QBs with great characters. It's impossible to root against any of them.

EJ is a good QB and a lovely guy. I hope he stays with the team and improves. That being said I have no problem with whomever Coach Ryan starts and will have full faith in that decision. All 3 of the QBs are good QBs with great characters. It's impossible to root against any of them.

Clearly, it isn't, but it should be.

I am tepid about Meh, but if he's the qb, I'm sure going to root for him to do well.