EJ Manuel: "I love it here and want to stay here"

YoloinOhio

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yolo, are you trying to start a 1000 post war?!?

:lol:

no, sorry... I'm not really involved in the other qb threads because I'm ok with whoever wins the job, but I thought this was a thoughtful article. Balanced, if you will! Edited by YoloinOhio

EJ is a great kid. Says all the right things. Stays out of trouble. However, Trent Edwards was a great kid, with a wonderful family. But after he got his bell rung he just wasn't a good QB. While EJ never got his bell rung, he just isn't consistent enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. Unlike Losman who was a complete butt, EJ is a good guy and I wish him well, just not being the leader of the Bills unless he somehow has that magical QB light go on.

It's hard not to like this kid.

It's also hard to imagine him getting a chance here. If he goes I will wish him well.

Just would like to see him succeed somewhere.

Why would he not get a chance here if the coaches see the improvement and development (as evidenced by how he has played during preseason)? Despite what some want to believe, you don't "give up" on a 1st round QB who has all of the requisite physical tools, is a hard worker, and great teammate.

He is still developing.

Edited by eball

While I agree he has potential I want to keep a tab on this that if in a year or two of him not getting better it probably won't get better

But I think this year he makes a statement. Maybe not a starter. Maybe he sees only a handful of snaps. But I think he could be a long term viable option as a 2nd string backup qb.

And now people will say who cares when we need a starter? I care. I care because having one position filled out - and backup qb is important - is very much a needful thing.

While I agree he has potential I want to keep a tab on this that if in a year or two of him not getting better it probably won't get better

But I think this year he makes a statement. Maybe not a starter. Maybe he sees only a handful of snaps. But I think he could be a long term viable option as a 2nd string backup qb.

And now people will say who cares when we need a starter? I care. I care because having one position filled out - and backup qb is important - is very much a needful thing.

yep, he's under contract so might as well keep him. When his contract is up, then you have to decide you want to make any kind of attempt to keep him, but anything can happen between now and then.

I heard a caller on DC sports talk this morning suggest the Redskins should try to trade RG3 to the Bills for Manuel.

I mean, I believe both could benefit from a change in scenery. But the coaching turnover seems to have been enough of a scenery change to spark something in EJ.

all week on Cleveland sports radio! They want to trade for him too.

Didn't a poster with inside info say EJ was being shopped? Maybe his showings in the preseason have brought some value to that.

EDIT: Oh, and Rex said people have asked about Deonte Thompson. What if it's a package deal, EJ and Thompson? That could net a worthwhile pick possibly

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

It's hard not to like this kid.

It's also hard to imagine him getting a chance here. If he goes I will wish him well.

Just would like to see him succeed somewhere.

But...WHAT IF?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/180108-warning-conspiracy-theory-read-at-your-own-risk-qbs/

Yea, it's a plug, I have no shame. I mean, I'm a hamsandwhich, we have no feelings.

Edited by HamSandwhich

yep, he's under contract so might as well keep him. When his contract is up, then you have to decide you want to make any kind of attempt to keep him, but anything can happen between now and then.

he can be resigned for a fairly good deal. I bet you could extend him now based on what he had for $9mm/yr for a short contract.

Didn't a poster with inside info say EJ was being shopped? Maybe his showings in the preseason have brought some value to that.

yes and I believe that... I understand if they get a good offer that they may trade him. But I hope they hang onto him, personally.

all week on Cleveland sports radio! They want to trade for him too.

I wonder if the Bills are giving EJ more first team reps this week and possibly in the next game to try to drum up interest to try and create a possible trade battle for EJ.

I heard a caller on DC sports talk this morning suggest the Redskins should try to trade RG3 to the Bills for Manuel.

I would keep EJ over RG3, especially now that he is flashing some ability. I cannot believe the tire fire going on in Washington. Gruden is scheming to get RG3 killed. Surprised he hasn't called a naked bootleg ...yet. Just before his presser after RG3, his supposed starter, was concussed he was all smiles. Incredible. Actually doesn't matter tho. Now that his wings have been clipped by injury (predictably), RG3 is done IMO.

I wonder if the Bills are giving EJ more first team reps this week and possibly in the next game to try to drum up interest to try and create a possible trade battle for EJ.

certainly possible- very good point.

I would keep EJ over RG3, especially now that he is flashing some ability. I cannot believe the tire fire going on in Washington. Gruden is scheming to get RG3 killed. Surprised he hasn't called a naked bootleg ...yet. Just before his presser after RG3, his supposed starter, was concussed he was all smiles. Incredible. Actually doesn't matter tho. Now that his wings have been clipped by injury (predictably), RG3 is done IMO.

i don't know about rg3 coming here in the trade, but isn't EJ from the Virginia area? I think he still lives there. That would be a good place for him to go - he's polar opposite personality from rg3 (reported entitlement) and would still have a chance to play with their situation at QB. Plus outside of playing them this year, he's going to the NFC which I prefer when we part with players I understand they need to move on from but I still like! (Stevie, CJ, etc) Edited by YoloinOhio