EJ Manuel: "I love it here and want to stay here"

YoloinOhio

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't a poster with inside info say EJ was being shopped? Maybe his showings in the preseason have brought some value to that.

EDIT: Oh, and Rex said people have asked about Deonte Thompson. What if it's a package deal, EJ and Thompson? That could net a worthwhile pick possibly

I'm reminded of that article someone linked to yesterday that said, in a nutshell, "your trade proposal sucks."

It applies to all fans and all of their trade proposals. ;)

Didn't a poster with inside info say EJ was being shopped? Maybe his showings in the preseason have brought some value to that.

itd save almost 3m over the next 2 years. not enough to make me eager to do it, but if the coaches dont see him in the future plans - no reason not to unload the cap hit if theres a taker. via cut makes no sense, but id be fine either way via trade (or lack thereof).

Hope the Bills continue to develop this kid, regardless of whether he wins the starting job. He is improving with the new coaching staff.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/21893244.php?contentType=4&contentId=17713973

Yes. I don't even like the idea of trading him (what else is it that we need so bad that is worth trading a QB prospect?). See how he improves, if at all, with some structure around him and go from there.

I'm reminded of that article someone linked to yesterday that said, in a nutshell, "your trade proposal sucks."

It applies to all fans and all of their trade proposals. ;)

I'm just putting the pieces together, not making proposals. You'll have to take that up with Whaley :P

I wonder if the Bills are giving EJ more first team reps this week and possibly in the next game to try to drum up interest to try and create a possible trade battle for EJ.

And if EJ plays well against the Steelers, how exactly does a team with no established starting QB trade away a young QB who is playing so well other teams are battling to trade for him?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

certainly possible- very good point. i don't know about rg3 coming here in the trade, but isn't EJ from the Virginia area? I think he still lives there. That would be a good place for him to go - he's polar opposite personality from rg3 (reported entitlement) and would still have a chance to play with their situation at QB.

Yes he is and does. I would not wish that on EJ tho. He's too good a guy. Horrible ownership there and I think EJ has seen enuf bad coaching. He a fourth round prospect who was drafted in the first. Right now he needs the patient and careful grooming that he should have gotten two years ago. Only then will we know if he's got a future. When he's had a little time this preseason he has occasionally looked every bit the pro pocket passer and he's made some very good throws. I have been skeptical given what I've seen in the past but he has looked better this preseason than I have ever seen him before. I don't know if it will come together for him but if it does he has a chance to be starting calibre. There is after all a reason he was (over) drafted. He is a big horse and he has all the physical tools.

And if EJ plays well against the Steelers, how exactly does a team with no established starting QB trade away a young QB who is playing so well other teams are battling to trade for him?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

It makes perfect sense if the coaches don't see the situation the same way. I'm a big EJ fan and hope they keep him, but if they think TT/Cassel can be the guy, why wouldn't they want to get some of value out of EJ if something they like is offered? Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I would keep EJ over RG3, especially now that he is flashing some ability. I cannot believe the tire fire going on in Washington. Gruden is scheming to get RG3 killed. Surprised he hasn't called a naked bootleg ...yet. Just before his presser after RG3, his supposed starter, was concussed he was all smiles. Incredible. Actually doesn't matter tho. Now that his wings have been clipped by injury (predictably), RG3 is done IMO.

I would too. I think RG3 is like a Ferrari with a bent frame. You can try to fix it up to drive around, but it's never going to perform right again. Also, at least EJ still has hope of getting better. And has an infinitely better attitude.

I would too. I think RG3 is like a Ferrari with a bent frame. You can try to fix it up to drive around, but it's never going to perform right again. Also, at least EJ still has hope of getting better. And has an infinitely better attitude.

Yeah I think RG3's inability to escape his personality will be a bigger detriment to his chances than his inability to dodge the pass rush.

It makes perfect sense if the coaches don't see the situation the same way. I'm a big EJ fan and hope they keep him, but if they think TT/Cassel can be the guy, why wouldn't they want to get some of value out of EJ if something they like is offered?

Trading EJ would take some big balls when know one yet knows yet what Taylor is going to become in real NFL games. I can't even imagine how bad things would become for Doug Whaley and this organization if EJ is thriving with his new team and Taylor looks horrible.

I know that "EJ sucks" seems collectively stamped on the majority of Bills fans heads, but perception is not reality sometimes. I don't think a 3rd or a 4th round pick (if they could even get that) is worth that kind of gamble.

EJ is a great kid. Says all the right things. Stays out of trouble. However, Trent Edwards was a great kid, with a wonderful family. But after he got his bell rung he just wasn't a good QB. While EJ never got his bell rung, he just isn't consistent enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. Unlike Losman who was a complete butt, EJ is a good guy and I wish him well, just not being the leader of the Bills unless he somehow has that magical QB light go on.

One day I'll stop feeling compelled to point this out...but since that day is not today, here goes:

Trent played his best game as a pro against SD, 2 weeks after getting drilled by Adrian Wilson. The hit was not was did him in; it was the fact that opposing DCs stopped giving him the money throws, and he had no ability to hit intermediate or downfield throws with any consistency.

Trading EJ would take some big balls when know one yet knows yet what Taylor is going to become in real NFL games. I can't even imagine how bad things would become for Doug Whaley and this organization if EJ is thriving with his new team and Taylor looks horrible.

I know that "EJ sucks" seems collectively stamped on the majority of Bills fans heads, but perception is not reality sometimes. I don't think a 3rd or a 4th round pick (if they could even get that) is worth that kind of gamble.

Here's the thing. They can always say no to the trades. Getting offers isn't a bad thing.

The #1 reason people want EJ gone is revenge for wasting two years of their life hoping he became "the one."

As long as he shows progress, what's the harm in him being the #3 guy? Plus you never know who might get desperate for a QB after injury.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

while I agree with you, Whaley does have the onions to do it as we've seen from some of his other trades. I wouldn't be surprised especially if it is true that he's clearly the 3rd qb (according to the media) yet they are showcasing him....

Here's the thing. They can always say no to the trades. Getting offers isn't a bad thing.

Getting offers is a good thing for Bills fans who still support EJ because it gives their opinions credibility since other teams see "starting QB" value in him.

It's hard not to like this kid.

It's also hard to imagine him getting a chance here. If he goes I will wish him well.

Just would like to see him succeed somewhere.

Succeed somewhere? He parlayed that college carreer into a 1st round pick and he landed on a team that, even with his skill level, still has him in contention for the starting job 3 years in a row. I would call that wildly successful.

RG# is actually a Ferrari kit car that a midlife crisis owner bought thinking he was getting the real deal. He drove it like a Ferrari for awhile and it wasn't, so it disintegrated.

RG3 for EJ would be so dumb a trade....

while I agree with you, Whaley does have the onions to do it as we've seen from some of his other trades. I wouldn't be surprised especially if it is true that he's clearly the 3rd qb (according to the media) yet they are showcasing him....

This franchise hasn't had a franchise QB in 20 years. I think that potential decision has much greater ramifications attached to it since Tyrod Taylor has yet to start an NFL game. They don't know what they have yet.