EJ Manuel: "I love it here and want to stay here"

YoloinOhio

With these 3 QBs it is what is going on behind the scenes we cannot see which will determine who starts. We have no real idea who is picking up the offense really quickly and who exhibits the best leadership. In the NFL with all the game planning that goes on from week to week you need a QB that can retain it quickly, make adjustments and decisions on the fly. Those have been EJs weak spots but I see improvement this year. I don't know how Taylor and Cassel really compare. I do think EJ is prone to some bad mistakes and bad luck at times and think he'd fit better off the bench. I think best case is Taylor shows well in these other areas because he brings running into the mix at the position.

One thing I do know...we need all three because we will need to be in every game this year and if 2 QBs go down I don't want to try to win with someone like Simms out there.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Brady does it, with him its labled whining. Every QB has a different personality, but the greats take exactly zero crap from the guys around them. If Kelly played today, he'd be chewing asses left and right.

EJ has the arm, the smarts, and the althletisism, his downfall will be his command. That's what he may not have, and I think deep down, that's what his detractors hang their hat on, his lack of command.

Shake, all of his players say he has command of the huddle. Andre Davis said before the game winning drive that EJ told them they were gonna score a TD. I remember reading an article when trailing late in a game EJ came to the sideline during a timeout. Marrone started to give EJ some instructions and EJ told him "don't worry, I got this". They said Marrone ripped EJ a new one for making that statement. Players couldn't believe what had happened at that moment.

And if EJ plays well against the Steelers, how exactly does a team with no established starting QB trade away a young QB who is playing so well other teams are battling to trade for him?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

NONE!! It will also make Whaley look like a bonafide genius. Also throw shade on Marrone's ability to develop a promising young QB

Rex wants to build a bully, right? My best advice to EJ, if he wants to win the starting job, is this. Go out and punch someone in the face. Doesn't matter who it is, maybe Wood, would be a good choice, maybe Woods would be a better statement. Or even a defensive guy, but someone, anyone. Just punch someone EJ, I guarantee, Rex notices you, rest of the team notices, national media, etc.

C'mon EJ, just punch somebody!

Just stay away from IK!!

Hard to imagine him getting a chance here? The QB position is there for the taking. If you can't beat out Matt Cassell and Tyrod Taylor, then you pretty much suck.

Bridgewater didn't beat out Cassel last year. Do he suck??

Shake, all of his players say he has command of the huddle. Andre Davis said before the game winning drive that EJ told them they were gonna score a TD. <b>I remember reading an article when trailing late in a game EJ came to the sideline during a timeout. Marrone started to give EJ some instructions and EJ told him "don't worry, I got this". They said Marrone ripped EJ a new one for making that statement. Players couldn't believe what had happened at that moment.</b>

NONE!! It will also make Whaley look like a bonafide genius. Also throw shade on Marrone's ability to develop a promising young QB

Just stay away from IK!!

Bridgewater didn't beat out Cassel last year. Do he suck??

"I remember reading an article when trailing late in a game EJ came to the sideline during a timeout. Marrone started to give EJ some instructions and EJ told him "don't worry, I got this". They said Marrone ripped EJ a new one for making that statement. Players couldn't believe what had happened at that moment."

Link?

Edited by FireChan

"I remember reading an article when trailing late in a game EJ came to the sideline during a timeout. Marrone started to give EJ some instructions and EJ told him "don't worry, I got this". They said Marrone ripped EJ a new one for making that statement. Players couldn't believe what had happened at that moment."

Link?

Here you go.

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/21356/20130916/buffalo-bills-rumors-doug-marrone-rips-ej-manuel-interception-calm.htm

Yeah but you love Florida more, how about a trade to Tampa for Glennon, then you can back up your alumni Winston.

I heard a caller on DC sports talk this morning suggest the Redskins should try to trade RG3 to the Bills for Manuel.

no thanks, how about Kerrigan

all week on Cleveland sports radio! They want to trade for him too.

For Johnny, sure, Fits what Roman wants plus he has Flutie magic.

I wonder if the Bills are giving EJ more first team reps this week and possibly in the next game to try to drum up interest to try and create a possible trade battle for EJ.

:thumbsup:

Manuel finished the day 27-of-39 for 296 yards. He now has two straight games of recording a passer rating of 89 or better.

While his performance was impressive, Manuel was far from perfect. He lost a fumble after getting sacked deep in the team's own territory. He then gave up an interception while throwing a pass intended for T.J. Graham. Manuel walked off the field looked unfazed by the error, upsetting Marrone.

It is clear the rookie has a long ways to go, but the crucial plays made with the clock ticking down prove Buffalo has something special on their hands

Manuel finished the day 27-of-39 for 296 yards. He now has two straight games of recording a passer rating of 89 or better.

While his performance was impressive, Manuel was far from perfect. He lost a fumble after getting sacked deep in the team's own territory. He then gave up an interception while throwing a pass intended for T.J. Graham. Manuel walked off the field looked unfazed by the error, upsetting Marrone.

It is clear the rookie has a long ways to go, but the crucial plays made with the clock ticking down prove Buffalo has something special on their hands

That's called being a "GAMER"!!

If EJ starts the game on Saturday then I'll buy in to the "they are showcasing him" argument. If he plays 2nd or 3rd I think it's clear they plan on keeping him as the #3 this season.

I don't think he is under consideration to be the opening day starter.

Just my opinion.

The showcasing concept kills me. The only chance showcasing is really going to convince someone to make a trade is if EJ plays lights out with the ones. If he plays lights out with the ones why would you want to get rid of him.

The showcasing concept kills me. The only chance showcasing is really going to convince someone to make a trade is if EJ plays lights out with the ones. If he plays lights out with the ones why would you want to get rid of him.

you would think so but again I ask why they are considering playing him with the ones if he is out of the competition for starter, and they need as much evaluative film as possible on the other 2 to make the decision? If they do play him with the ones it doesn't add up to me.

you would think so but again I ask why they are considering playing him with the ones if he is out of the competition for starter, and they need as much evaluative film as possible on the other 2 to make the decision? If they do play him with the ones it doesn't add up to me.

Because Rex and Roman see things differently than GR guys. They have seen marked improvement in EJ. He's always been the best case scenario to start. They also may need to know if he is worth the roster spot. There are a lot of reasons why they would play him with the ones. He's actually played well, and better than he has before.

The QB position is a lot about accuracy and making good decisions as we all know. But a lot of accuracy and making good decisions is about being comfortable in the NFL and in the offense you are running. EJ has had to get used to the NFL and a new offense and that could have had a lot to do with his accuracy issues early in camp. He looks decidedly more comfortable and stepping into throws and more accurate. They likely see the same thing I do.

That doesn't mean he should start. But if you give him two series with the ones against the Steelers and he's comfortable and accurate that's one of the best things that could happen to the team.

And I don't hate or love EJ. I thought he had about a 10% chance of being good. I want Taylor to start. But I can see why they would play him.

Because Rex and Roman see things differently than GR guys. They have seen marked improvement in EJ. He's always been the best case scenario to start. They also may need to know if he is worth the roster spot. There are a lot of reasons why they would play him with the ones. He's actually played well, and better than he has before.

The QB position is a lot about accuracy and making good decisions as we all know. But a lot of accuracy and making good decisions is about being comfortable in the NFL and in the offense you are running. EJ has had to get used to the NFL and a new offense and that could have had a lot to do with his accuracy issues early in camp. He looks decidedly more comfortable and stepping into throws and more accurate. They likely see the same thing I do.

That doesn't mean he should start. But if you give him two series with the ones against the Steelers and he's comfortable and accurate that's one of the best things that could happen to the team.

And I don't hate or love EJ. I thought he had about a 10% chance of being good. I want Taylor to start. But I can see why they would play him.

Exactly!!!

You make a good point; I need to rethink what was going through my brain at the moment I typed that.

Why not? It's typical Doug Marrone! Haven't you listened/heard of other stories told by players, coaches about him?It came from Buffalo News in his own quotes.

The article lost me when EJ is quoted as saying he started to cry.