Karlos Williams update - out 3-4 weeks(update 2 wks per Rex)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected. I guess mine was real fugged up then.

Agreed on lap surgery, and some progressive docs can also do robotic surgery as these guys are used to the davinci arm, and cut a little more time. They don't offer as it is a routine surgery and most people aren't in that big a rush to get back to full form. It's possible he could use the robot ( I'm in Medical Device ) and cut a couple of days as the incisions and trauma of surgery is minimized. It is a simple procedure though so maybe not needed if he really had his appendix removed.

Show us where on the doll TSW touched you...

I'll admit. I've had that conversation with therapist. It's a good thing I learned to type with my arms being stuck in this jacket.

oh you mean my no no spot.

i am not allowed to show that here.

Honestly Jeremy it is pretty darned amazing how far you have come since the incarceration

we are all proud of you !!

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/index.html

Wow, I had to clear this up, I wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight.

Nor I. Thanks aplenty friend.

Hippa , not hippy hippy shake?

got it

good night all

Everything seems to point to a sports hernia IMO.

What exactly points to a sports hernia?

Did you have one? They don't come on quickly at all.

The come on gradually. There is never any point at which you're writhing in pain and need to taken to the hospital. It's an nagging pain that worsens over a matter of weeks.

I had one. I felt the acute tear in my ab muscle that I thought was a little pull. I was able to train on it for for 2 months. And I even ran a 1/2 marathon on it only 2 seconds off my lifetime best....and then a month later a marathon within 3 1/2 minutes of my PR. But by that point it hurt like hell.

i bet ANYTHING it was not that.

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/index.html

Wow, I had to clear this up, I wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight.

working for a Drug chain and handling pallets of drugs all day long I have to know this crap forward and backwards

The come on gradually. There is never any point at which you're writhing in pain and need to taken to the hospital. It's an nagging pain that worsens over a matter of weeks.

I had one. I felt the acute tear in my ab muscle that I thought was a little pull. I was able to train on it for for 2 months. And I even ran a 1/2 marathon on it only 2 seconds off my lifetime best....and then a month later a marathon within 3 1/2 minutes of my PR. But by that point it hurt like hell.

Article on TSW that intimates that he injured himself lifting perhaps?

i didn't have one but just thought it sounded like it based on when he got hurt (lifting weights) and the resulting ab pain, plus the surgery and recovery time.

i didn't have one but just thought it sounded like it based on when he got hurt (lifting weights) and the resulting ab pain, plus the surgery and recovery time.

ah I see. Well I can see that it could be a hernia, but a "sports hernia" is a different beast.

Sports hernia is a small ab muscle tear that in itself is not debilitating, but result is: all the muscles that criss cross on the pelvis over tighten to provide stability where it is lacking due to the initial muscle tear. This over-tightening of the other muscles is what friggin hurts. It takes a long time to develop though... My case over two months between the initial tear and the point at which I gave up and went to the doc.

In fact if it would t have been for a co-worker who got his diagnosis after a year of shuffling around the gym (we were teaching p.e. At the time) I would certainly have suffered with it for much longer. This guy limped around for almost 2 years before getting a proper diagnosis. We both wound up being fixed by the same doc who did donovan mcnabb.

I'm not doubting you. If not the appendix what's your best guess?

Regular inguinal hernia, if it happened in the setting of lifting. "Sports hernia" isn't a hernia and usually happens during a sudden movement straining the thigh muscle insertion at the pubic bony area of the pelvis.

Absolutely he would, if it ruptured.

What? He has been singled out for his camp performance by everyone covering the Bills. He was as much a lock to make the team as Darby and Miller.

No, not necessarily.

Appendix or gall bladder is my guess.

Both back to work unrestricted in 10 days or less, barring complications.

Agreed on lap surgery, and some progressive docs can also do robotic surgery as these guys are used to the davinci arm, and cut a little more time. They don't offer as it is a routine surgery and most people aren't in that big a rush to get back to full form. It's possible he could use the robot ( I'm in Medical Device ) and cut a couple of days as the incisions and trauma of surgery is minimized. It is a simple procedure though so maybe not needed if he really had his appendix removed.

Robotic laparoscopy offers no advantage to the patient over standard laparoscopy--especially for something like appendix, hernia or gallbladder. It only adds time and a lot of expense. If your surgeon is using the robot for these operations, he's not progressive, he's likely just not confident in his standard laparoscopic skills.

Over 90% of appendectomies, perforated or otherwise, case be done with standard laparoscopic techniques. 90% of patients back to work unrestricted within 10 days.

Two years ago a rockies pitcher was going to be out "up to three weeks" because of an appendectomy. Three to four for football does not seem out of the question. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9495509/colorado-rockies-place-rafael-betancourt-dl-appendectomy

that same FSU reporter on Twitter said he heard it was not appendicitis/appendectomy but won't disclose details; will leave that to the Bills. Said he didn't believe it was "serious" based on what he heard.

The 3-4 weeks matches up with Dunne's "multiple weeks" and Dunne saying it is "serious" likely alludes to it not being just a stomach ache and that he did have surgery.

Edited by YoloinOhio