Karlos Williams update - out 3-4 weeks(update 2 wks per Rex)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had mine out - when I was a Jr. in college. Had it out Sunday, was back to class Wednesday. This was before laparoscopy was widespread. Obviously not the same as football, you just need time to let the muscles heal and then strengthen. Same goes for laparoscopy, although it is much less disruptive.

The DaVinci robot is a 100% hospital PR/marketing tool. There are zero advantages over laparoscopic procedures. In fact, patients are usually under general anesthesia much longer and the cost is 3x as much as standard laparoscopy.

Appendix don't burst, like explode all over your abdomen. They can rupture and leak the infection into your abdominal cavity leading to peritonitis. This usually just means a couple days in the hospital with i.v. Antibiotics. Open appendectomies are very rare even with a rupture. I'm involved in these caes all the time and haven't had an open one in 10 years. It all depends on the skill of the surgeon.

No idea what Wiliams had done, could be a hundred things. Hope he gets back soon, I liked the way he was developing.

The DaVinci robot is a 100% hospital PR/marketing tool. There are zero advantages over laparoscopic procedures. In fact, patients are usually under general anesthesia much longer and the cost is 3x as much as standard laparoscopy.

Appendix don't burst, like explode all over your abdomen. They can rupture and leak the infection into your abdominal cavity leading to peritonitis. This usually just means a couple days in the hospital with i.v. Antibiotics. Open appendectomies are very rare even with a rupture. I'm involved in these caes all the time and haven't had an open one in 10 years. It all depends on the skill of the surgeon.

No idea what Wiliams had done, could be a hundred things. Hope he gets back soon, I liked the way he was developing.

They were toying with the idea of bringing the Davinci to my surgery center. That's just stupid.

Maybe, being new to pro training camp, he had a very severe case of DSB. Deadly Sperm Build-up. Sidelined me for a month once.

Brutal.

I had a double hernia when i was a kid. never walked the same since

But that DSB can mess a Mans body and Mind. I heard you can actually die from that.

Thats was my story anyways

Edited by 3rdand12

I'm guessing hernia. Your intestines popping out your abdominal wall would certainly leave anyone in serious pain.

Didn't James Brown have a song about living with a hernia?

Must be manageable, he had a pretty intense live show.

Kinda' like diabetes.

Karl Malone was right...it should be called live-abetes.

Regular inguinal hernia, if it happened in the setting of lifting. "Sports hernia" isn't a hernia and usually happens during a sudden movement straining the thigh muscle insertion at the pubic bony area of the pelvis.

No, not necessarily.

Both back to work unrestricted in 10 days or less, barring complications.

Robotic laparoscopy offers no advantage to the patient over standard laparoscopy--especially for something like appendix, hernia or gallbladder. It only adds time and a lot of expense. If your surgeon is using the robot for these operations, he's not progressive, he's likely just not confident in his standard laparoscopic skills.

Over 90% of appendectomies, perforated or otherwise, case be done with standard laparoscopic techniques. 90% of patients back to work unrestricted within 10 days.

What's the difference between "no advantage" and "especially no advantage?" 0.00?

Souuuurce?