Patriots' O missing big plays with Jimmy Garoppolo

Music to my ears .....

If the preseason opener was Jimmy Garoppolo's audition for the NFL Kickoff game versus thePittsburgh Steelers, the New England Patriots can't feel any better about their quarterback situation than they were entering training camp.

With the obvious caveat that preseason games offer very little predictive value, Garoppolo's performance in Thursday's 22-11 loss to the Packers was a letdown.

Garoppolo took seven sacks, averaged just 5.3 yards per attempt and had trouble moving the offense into scoring territory.

"I've got a long way to go obviously," Garoppolo said after the game. "Eleven points is not by any means good enough. There's room for improvement."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000509762/article/patriots-o-missing-big-plays-with-jimmy-garoppolo

Edited by JTSP

1-3 will make it very difficult for them to win the division. Fitzpicktrick will screw it up for the Jets as he can't hit anyone in stride after 15 yards, and Tannehill is a sack machine as he holds the ball too long.

I know it's Cassel, but he has lots of weapons, an improved line, and a tremendous defense. He made it 11-5 with a solid Patriots team, and 10-6 in KC again with a decent team. I think he just needs time to develop, and EJ is gone. I thought for sure they would keep him as he is paid for with the rookie guaranteed contract, but he is not a Whaley / Ryan guy. I would rather leave him as the third string QB, rather than have only two, or pay someone else more, but he'll never start for us.

1-3 will make it very difficult for them to win the division. Fitzpicktrick will screw it up for the Jets as he can't hit anyone in stride after 15 yards, and Tannehill is a sack machine as he holds the ball too long.

I know it's Cassel, but he has lots of weapons, an improved line, and a tremendous defense. He made it 11-5 with a solid Patriots team, and 10-6 in KC again with a decent team. I think he just needs time to develop, and EJ is gone. I thought for sure they would keep him as he is paid for with the rookie guaranteed contract, but he is not a Whaley / Ryan guy. I would rather leave him as the third string QB, rather than have only two, or pay someone else more, but he'll never start for us.

Tannehill was sharp tonight, I think this is the year he get's to Matt Ryan Status.

Music to my ears .....

If the preseason opener was Jimmy Garoppolo's audition for the NFL Kickoff game versus thePittsburgh Steelers, the New England Patriots can't feel any better about their quarterback situation than they were entering training camp.

With the obvious caveat that preseason games offer very little predictive value, Garoppolo's performance in Thursday's 22-11 loss to the Packers was a letdown.

Garoppolo took seven sacks, averaged just 5.3 yards per attempt and had trouble moving the offense into scoring territory.

"I've got a long way to go obviously," Garoppolo said after the game. "Eleven points is not by any means good enough. There's room for improvement."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000509762/article/patriots-o-missing-big-plays-with-jimmy-garoppolo

sounds very similar to another team we all know and love

I hate to be a cynic, but until I see it, I won't believe it. Being a bills fan for so long has taught me to be a pessimist. Garappolo still has three more games and several weeks to figure it out. I hope he never gets good but I'm not banking in it.

I watched part of the Pats* game last night and Jimmy G stunk it up most of the time against the Packer 2's with better luck against the 3's not surprisingly. Should have been picked at least one other time and doesn't seem to have that 4 second clock in his head yet.

let tommy play. Williams, Williams, Hughes and Dareus do a mash up and Jimmy G. leads N.E. to a 6-10 season. We edge out Miami for the division crown, beat Philly for the Lombardi trophy and party all night!

Was that enough Williams in that count?

I ride with the barbarian. Tannenhill is money as long as he's not up against Bills defense.

w

Agreed, except his last game vs the Bills, he was money. Cost me lots and lots of money. Il let ever forget that game. Along with the worst intentional grounding call ever

I think his game steps up a notch this year. He's got all the tools, just needs reps and experience.

Edited by NewEra