Bills claim the Geno jaw breaker IK

FluffHead

And when was the last time before Monday broken bones were involved?

A round of fist to cuffs on the practice field in helmets and/or pads is not the same thing as what happened at Jets camp. If it's so common, how come Coach Bowles **** canned IK so fast?

It is not the same thing for sure. its worse. What kind of camp is Bowles running? why didn't this get shut down? did the others just wait and watch. kinda hoping IK would knock his socks off?

and Rex had no discipline?

Thanks Jace. idiot.

IK is going to punch you too soon enough. and yes its going to hurt. maybe you should check up on that route Amaro? at least think about it..

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never punched a cop. So I can say he was a dumbass for punching a cop.

I also don't buy that football players punch each other in the face on a regular basis as you say.

If I'm wrong, prove it.

The cop was also off duty so he didn't know he was a cop when he hit him. The charge was reduced in court.

It is not the same thing for sure. its worse. What kind of camp is Bowles running? why didn't this get shut down?

This is an excellent point that seems to be lost on so many people. Almost every team fight issue I've ever seen has festered. The ones that actually touch off are usually because it's perceived that one of them needs to be put in their place.

There is no indication that it was "a fight both entered into willingly".

Your suggestion that Geno could face a "disorderly conduct charge" is silly.

Welp, according to the account today that indicates the IK challenged Geno to say it to his face, the act of crossing the room and putting a finger in his face is pretty provocative and if Geno didn't know that he's mind-numbingly stupid.

Good luck convincing a jury that Geno didn't enter that altercation knowingly.

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

This is an excellent point that seems to be lost on so many people. Almost every team fight issue I've ever seen has festered. The ones that actually touch off are usually because it's perceived that one of them needs to be put in their place.

Good thing there were no guns in that locker room

Maybe. Maybe not. Sometimes guns stop people from "bowing up". Sometimes the give people courage they normally wouldn't have. Every situation isn't the same.

Since it's the JETS' locker room, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were firearms present. :ph34r:

Maybe. Maybe not. Sometimes guns stop people from "bowing up". Sometimes the give people courage they normally wouldn't have. Every situation isn't the same.

Since it's the JETS' locker room, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were firearms present. :ph34r:

If Sheldon hadn't recently drag raced 143 mph away from cops while smoking weed with a 12 year old in the car you know there would be at least one!! Edited by Kelly the Dog

The cop was also off duty so he didn't know he was a cop when he hit him. The charge was reduced in court.

Yeah, I have never punched an off duty cop (or anyone else for that matter) causing me to be arrested, so I can and will still call him a dumb ass.

A normal player TC fight is not a big deal IMHO. You don't see me getting down on Gilmore and Woods for their fight. Of course Coach Marrone would have, but thankfully, he's gone.

I'll just have to trust Rex on this one.

Edited by reddogblitz

he apologized to the Jet's organization, but never mentioned Geno Smith personally...don't know if that mean anything, maybe apologizing to Smith hurts any sort of defense he may need to provide....

@buffalobills

"I'm very grateful to Rex Ryan and the Bills organization." Watch IK Enemkpali's presser: http://bufbills.co/r5dOuE

Guy owes guy 600 bucks. Guy who owes money says you ain't gonna do nothing and puts finger in face.

Hmmmmmm. Have fun with that.

If the dude is harassing him about 600$ that he owes because he was attending a friend's funeral it shouldn't be all that surprising that things got heated.

I think this is something that we don't know (or at least I don't know) yet. Maybe he had been hounding Geno for the cash, while the guy is still reeling from losing a friend. The last thing you really want is some guy breathing down your neck after your friend dies. I mean, yes he owes the guy $600, and can certainly afford it. But give the guy a bit of space.

Now I don't know that's what happened. But while I have no real respect for Geno, it is hard to believe this was a one-incident thing. Sounds like it may have been the result of more than one conversation.

If Geno's jaw doesn't break, is this a story?

I know it DID break, but if say the punch hurt him but didn't make him miss a snap in practice, does this just go down as a small footnote on NFL.com or even not reported at all? I think so.

If a couple cameras didn't catch Ray Rice bashing his wife...

If Adrian Peterson's son didn't have welts on his body...

Your point?

Before I get called out, I do understand the difference of a punch that breaks a jaw and one that doesn't. But if the puncher had been Ryan Quigly and not this insane beast of a man, the outcome would be much different.

We signed a guy to play linebacker who can break jaws in multiple places with one punch. I'm struggling to see the issue with that.

Well, maybe if the guy did his damage, to players on the opposing teams, on the field, you'd have a point. This guy delivers his hits in the locker room, to his own teammates. See the issue now?

No they don't. They play football for lots of money...They're off from February to July.....

I have to disagree about them being off. They have to do a ton of offseason work to be able to perform at a high level

No, they shouldn't. Just as Special Operations forces aren't treated the same as Admin troops. There's a reason why the collective responses from ACTUAL NFL FOOTBALL PLAYERS are the polar opposite of the responses on this board from people who've never been elite at anything.

And if you think Buddy Ryan is best known for trying to smack Kevin Gilbride, then you should read more about football history because your perspective is at best uneducated.

Sorry. But they are expected to behave like grown adults.

Buddy Ryan was best known for coordinating one of the greatest collections of defensive talent in that era. While it's often said he coached them, it was actually mike ditka. He also took a Phoenix Cardinal team that was on the rise and ruined it.

His son inherited a talented team in New York and it declined each year. Sanchez improved dramatically when he received proper coaching

So now we're debating the end result of said punch? No thanks.

There have been some pretty significant melees that have involved guys swinging their helmets at each other. Football players fight sometimes. It's usually over something stupid that develops over time. This time a backup defensive player knocked out an unpopular and underperforming QB. There's plenty of nuance to the story but at the end of the day it's nowhere near the big deal people are making it out to be and the only reason it's even news is because Smith apparently has a glass chin. I would venture to guess that there have been MANY locker room skirmishes over the years in the NFL that are artfully covered up because "what happens in the room stays in the room". But when your starting QB loses a quarter of the season for a broken jaw, it's pretty tough to keep what happened under wraps.

You should ask Bowles your question because I don't really care. I suspect his response will be the typical "culture change" that every new coach will spew when taking over a losing team that's been having off field issues. If I was betting my money on it, I'd definitely bet the vast majority of the Jets' players wouldn't give a crap about what happened and probably think Geno got what he deserved. Fred Jackson said the message the BILLS got from the signing was that Rex has player's backs. Take from that whatever you want but that's very telling.

Being correct doesn't happen often for you. I'd say I can understand it but obviously that's not the case. :nana:

If memory serves me right, the current head of discipline in the NFL had to teach a lesson to a brash non talented rookie QB who was mouthing off

no kidding. thats why they dont have them. in the locker room. unless you are greg hardy . everyone one else keeps them in the car the bedroom and takes to bars

:w00t::sick::nana:

If Sheldon hadn't recently drag raced 143 mph away from cops while smoking weed with a 12 year old in the car you know there would be at least one!!

i might have missed your intent , but he had a loaded pistola too.

good fun with good people.

my weekday evenings are so bland

I'd pay $600 bucks to punch Geno in the face.

I would chip in.

as long as you did not miss any gametime

I have to disagree about them being off. They have to do a ton of offseason work to be able to perform at a high level

Sorry. But they are expected to behave like grown adults.

Buddy Ryan was best known for coordinating one of the greatest collections of defensive talent in that era. While it's often said he coached them, it was actually mike ditka. He also took a Phoenix Cardinal team that was on the rise and ruined it.

His son inherited a talented team in New York and it declined each year. Sanchez improved dramatically when he received proper coaching

blasphemer.

seeing what sticks are we?

Was this ban temporary or permanent? I missed the circumstances behind it, so idk.

Buddy Ryan was best known for coordinating one of the greatest collections of defensive talent in that era. While it's often said he coached them, it was actually mike ditka.

Literally the dumbest thing ever posted on this website.

Only coordinator EVER carried off the field by his players after a Super Bowl.

football-l-super-bowl-xx-1986-e1f75cc9a2

About 23:20 into the video:

Then fast forward to about 27:55 when Ditka talks about going into the defensive room to tell Buddy what to do and then <gasp> "a couple of punches may have been thrown." Yeah, fights in football never happen.

ESPN on the "46". Yeah. You're wrong. As hell.