Bills Release First Unofficial Depth Chart

Have the QB's really looked that bad in camp? Are the reports accurate or is it not overstated.

I was at camp last Sunday - and they were all awful that day. EJ by far the worst that Sunday. It's really not over stated. Friday will be a good litmus test.

On another note - I don't think Goodwin makes this team. Yes he is fast, but oddly in camp you could see that every time he makes a catch he is inexplicably in the air - I mean, off the ground, jumping, taking off - even to make a routine "in" in warmups. It was maddening to watch. I don't see Rex wanting to keep a guy like that - particularly when harbin can do the gadget plays that you might have thought of using Goodwin for in the past.

Could Felton be used as a TE for blocking purposes in multiple TE sets? This could keep the TE roster spots at 3 and allow room for 6 WRs.

There is always going to be a backup OT on the active game day roster. That is likely to be Kujo. Roman has been known to play unbalanced lines with three OTs where the one on the outside would be eligible and playing the TE role. That is more likely than Felton. Rex actually put Kyle Williams at TE last week during practice. The TEs got pissed and Rex just said, I know he will block. I'd imagine Mario could play TE. ;)

Serious Question: When was the last time a preseason QB battle has resulted in a playoff berth?

2012 - Russel Wilson beats out mega-million Ryan and ex Bill Tarvaris Jackson and make the playoffs.

1971 - Roger Staubach beats out Craig Morton and the Cowboys go on to win their first Super Bowl.

Edited by reddogblitz

Dang EJ third, wonder if he gets cut?

Gragg might not make it either.

It just goes to show that they are keeping four TEs. Mulligan is the new Lee Smith.

Sal was saying that Mulligan can block like a lineman and is strong enough to fill in at guard. Makes for an interesting player

Bite me, PFT

@ProFootballTalk: How lucky are the Bills? They have three starting quarterbacks http://t.co/COWf4HdOC2

:lol::lol: :lol: .... :doh::thumbdown::death:

My two biggest takeaways were Thigpen looking a guy who might actually make the team and Gragg being down so low.

Perfect usage of that reference.

And also, I'm not buying that they keep four tight ends. Maybe if we had good tight ends.

with Romans offense I'd be surprised if we didn't keep 4

The KO TD return Thigpen did against the Cheese was the 3rd of his career. I'm thinking they'll try to keep him if at all possible even if Harvin doesn't like it. Not sure how many Harvin has. Had 1 in the SB.

Harvin has had at least three. But they are all KR. I don't think he has ever been a PR in the NFL.

Sure. He'll probably make the team. Just not my team. And that depth chart can be read to make him the #4 or 5 WR.

Watkins, Harvin, Woods, then Hogan and Goodwin in the battle for the 4th/5th spots. Easley makes the team as the last WR/ST. The only question is that 4th spot. And we've already been through an entire Goodwin vs Hogan thread, so I'll just stop right there. :thumbsup:

Not sure why a guy who's tall, fast, has great hands, a knack for getting open and is excellent on special teams isn't good enough for your team. My only two guesses are that a) he's a white WR or b) he was an undrafted free agent.

Not sure why a guy who's tall, fast, has great hands, a knack for getting open and is excellent on special teams isn't good enough for your team. My only two guesses are that a) he's a white WR or b) he was an undrafted free agent.

Well, I didnt want to start bashing the guy but since you asked.... It's because he isn't fast and he can't be relied on to pick up a 1st down. I watched too many times as he came up a few feet short of the marker. And Easley is much better on Special Teams (Hogan is good, but Easley is better).

Goodwin may be a 1-trick pony, but at least his trick is taking the top off the D so we can get the ball to playmakers like Watkins and Harvin in space. Hogan can't take the top off, and he is the last guy I'd consider a threat underneath, so he simply doesnt fit. We have players that can do what he does, but do it much better.

Edited by DrDareustein

Well, I didnt want to start bashing the guy but since you asked.... It's because he isn't fast and he can't be relied on to pick up a 1st down. I watched too many times as he came up a few feet short of the marker. And Easley is much better on Special Teams (Hogan is good, but Easley is better).

Goodwin may be a 1-trick pony, but at least his trick is taking the top off the D so we can get the ball to playmakers like Watkins and Harvin in space. Hogan can't take the top off, and he is the last guy I'd consider a threat underneath, so he simply doesnt fit. We have players that can do what he does, but do it much better.

an example that kirby loves is that the more a guy like hogan touches the ball the less likely you are to win. goodwin would, in theory be the opposite. and of course easley is the best of the bunch on special teams.

an example that kirby loves is that the more a guy like hogan touches the ball the less likely you are to win. goodwin would, in theory be the opposite. and of course easley is the best of the bunch on special teams.

They were 1-6 (I believe) last year when Hogan & Chandler combined for 7 catches. The win was the Vikings and they were awful.

There's definitely a lot of unanswered questions here, and I don't think the order of some of the number twos, and lower should be taken at face value, but...

-- I'm glad to see Marqueis Gray as the number two TE.

-- I'm glad to see Corey Graham listed as a starting safety. I was pretty surprised when they moved him from CB (before we drafted Darby, IIRC), and was disappointed when it was suggested that he wouldn't be the starter at safety. I thought he did a great job at CB last season, although I understand that his role as such would be different than it was under Schwarz.

-- Chris Hogan a lock?

-- I would like to go on record as predicting that we will carry two FBs.

-- Interesting to see Percy Harvin/Robert Woods sharing a space as starter. Fragile egos?

-- Who thinks Darby will overtake McKelvin?

-- Who thinks Karlos will overtake Bryce, and Boobie? (And, maybe even Fred?)

-- How far could Butler move up the depth chart?

There's definitely a lot of unanswered questions here, and I don't think the order of some of the number twos, and lower should be taken at face value, but...

-- I'm glad to see Marqueis Gray as the number two TE.

-- I'm glad to see Corey Graham listed as a starting safety. I was pretty surprised when they moved him from CB (before we drafted Darby, IIRC), and was disappointed when it was suggested that he wouldn't be the starter at safety. I thought he did a great job at CB last season, although I understand that his role as such would be different than it was under Schwarz.

-- Chris Hogan a lock?

-- I would like to go on record as predicting that we will carry two FBs.

-- Interesting to see Percy Harvin/Robert Woods sharing a space as starter. Fragile egos?

-- Who thinks Darby will overtake McKelvin?

-- Who thinks Karlos will overtake Bryce, and Boobie? (And, maybe even Fred?)

-- How far could Butler move up the depth chart?

I don't think every team designates a clear #2 WR since there are so many different sets that use 3. I think that's why harvin and woods are together.

I have felt for awhile that Karlos will be the #2 back next year, and that depending on injury or whatever he could be that sometime this year as well. He is Fred's eventual replacement. He looks like a stud and a guy who is hungry for carries and to run people over which is so essential for a RB. He seems to play with passion and purpose.

It's like the Bills put this out just to eff with the fans. I can just picture Bills fans everywhere anxiously clicking to see how they're listed, only to be told "Be sure to drink your ovaltine"!

:lol:

Son of a B word!

Thanks to a post by Mr Hammersticks over the weekend, I sat down and put together my 53 man roster. I had us keeping 4 TEs, if for nothing else, special teams. I had Clay, OLeary, Gray, and one of Gragg/Burton. And Im not really hurting at any other position.

QB: Manuel, Cassel, Taylor

RB: McCoy, Jackson, Williams

FB: Felton, Dixon

TE: Clay, OLeary, Gray, (Gragg/Burton)

WR: Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Goodwin, Easley

OT: Glenn, Henderson, Kujo, Chandler

OG: Incognito, Miller, Richardson, Urbik

OC: Wood

DT: Williams, Dareus, Carrington, Bryant, Charles

DE: Williams, Hughes, Lawson, Wynn

LB: Bradham, Brown, Johnson, Powell, Steward

CB: Gilmore, Darby, Robey, Brooks, (McKelvin/Butler/Cockrell)

S: Williams, Williams, Graham, Rambo

LS: Sanborn

K: Gay, Carpenter

P: Schmidt

drop Chandler at OT. PS him and bring him back in a pinch. Feel we have enough versatility in a pinch we can slide guys around.

Add Hogan or the TE that blocks well tombe crazy but they've been saying how good the RBs have been blocking

drop Chandler at OT. PS him and bring him back in a pinch. Feel we have enough versatility in a pinch we can slide guys around.

Add Hogan or the TE that blocks well tombe crazy but they've been saying how good the RBs have been blocking

agree and my guess on practice squad- Chandler, Ladler, Deonte Thompson, Mario Butler, and one of the TE's.

Meeks makes 53 too IMO. Man, cuts are going to be tough

Edited by Pete

I dont disagree with that, and knew I was a bit heavy at OT anyways.