Bills Release First Unofficial Depth Chart

Matt Flynn actually.

oh, this article has tjax listed (i know he signed with us immediately after):

2012: At the conclusion of the team’s three-day rookie minicamp, coach Pete Carroll announces that Russell Wilson will join the competition for the starting quarterback job with free-agent addition Matt Flynn and incumbent starter Tarvaris Jackson.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh, this article has tjax listed (i know he signed with us immediately after):

2012: At the conclusion of the team’s three-day rookie minicamp, coach Pete Carroll announces that Russell Wilson will join the competition for the starting quarterback job with free-agent addition Matt Flynn and incumbent starter Tarvaris Jackson.

Right but they had signed Flynn to a $25m FA contract that all but anointed him as the starter.

Leodis would be #1 but he wouldn't be ready to start the season. Harvin is a KR not a PR. Woods has been handling a lot of the duties. Thigpen is probably not going to make the team.

Didn't Thigpen take one to the house last year? On a relatively low number of attempts? A lot of people seem to think that he wont make the team...but I guess it's reasonable seeing as he doesn't really have any other roles

Didn't Thigpen take one to the house last year? On a relatively low number of attempts? A lot of people seem to think that he wont make the team...but I guess it's reasonable seeing as he doesn't really have any other roles

Yeah he did. And he is a good return man for sure. The problem, however, is that we want to keep 6 WR because of Easley (which is 1 extra), we want to keep four TE because Roman likes them (which is 1 extra), we want to keep 4 RB (which is 1 extra), and we want to keep a FB (and maybe 2 which is 1-2 extra). I doubt Thigpen is going to beat out Hogan or Goodwin for the 6th WR position.

My two biggest takeaways were Thigpen looking a guy who might actually make the team and Gragg being down so low.

It's like the Bills put this out just to eff with the fans. I can just picture Bills fans everywhere anxiously clicking to see how they're listed, only to be told "Be sure to drink your ovaltine"!

:lol:

Perfect usage of that reference.

And also, I'm not buying that they keep four tight ends. Maybe if we had good tight ends.

My two biggest takeaways were Thigpen looking a guy who might actually make the team and Gragg being down so low.

Perfect usage of that reference.

And also, I'm not buying that they keep four tight ends. Maybe if we had good tight ends.

Thanks to a post by Mr Hammersticks over the weekend, I sat down and put together my 53 man roster. I had us keeping 4 TEs, if for nothing else, special teams. I had Clay, OLeary, Gray, and one of Gragg/Burton. And Im not really hurting at any other position.

QB: Manuel, Cassel, Taylor

RB: McCoy, Jackson, Williams

FB: Felton, Dixon

TE: Clay, OLeary, Gray, (Gragg/Burton)

WR: Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Goodwin, Easley

OT: Glenn, Henderson, Kujo, Chandler

OG: Incognito, Miller, Richardson, Urbik

OC: Wood

DT: Williams, Dareus, Carrington, Bryant, Charles

DE: Williams, Hughes, Lawson, Wynn

LB: Bradham, Brown, Johnson, Powell, Steward

CB: Gilmore, Darby, Robey, Brooks, (McKelvin/Butler/Cockrell)

S: Williams, Williams, Graham, Rambo

LS: Sanborn

K: Gay, Carpenter

P: Schmidt

Edited by DrDareustein

Yep. IIRC, that was the only TD in the Packers' game with the great Kyle Orton at QB.

Thanks to a post by Mr Hammersticks over the weekend, I sat down and put together my 53 man roster. I had us keeping 4 TEs, if for nothing else, special teams. I had Clay, OLeary, Gray, and one of Gragg/Burton. And Im not really hurting at any other position.

I'm still not sure why some people haven't accepted the fact that Chris Hogan is here to stay. He was good last year, he's, from all accounts, been great once again this offseason, he's great on special teams and he's listed as a #2 on the depth chart.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I'm still not sure why some people haven't accepted the fact that Chris Hogan is here to stay.

Easley gets in on special teams, alone. Even if he is a capable WR, too, don't see Hogan going anywhere - he'll be on the roster.

I'm still not sure why some people haven't accepted the fact that Chris Hogan is here to stay. He was good last year, he's, from all accounts, been great once again this offseason, he's great on special teams and he's listed as a #2 on the depth chart.

Sure. He'll probably make the team. Just not my team. And that depth chart can be read to make him the #4 or 5 WR.

Watkins, Harvin, Woods, then Hogan and Goodwin in the battle for the 4th/5th spots. Easley makes the team as the last WR/ST. The only question is that 4th spot. And we've already been through an entire Goodwin vs Hogan thread, so I'll just stop right there. :thumbsup:

I think McKelvin's punt returning days are over. Too valuable as a DB, and too many injuries.

agreed

He was lined at RB a couple times in practice yeesh!

Chandler goes to PS ready to bring up. and Hogan makes the 53. not sure about Steward, can he survive ps without being picked up?