Dan Carpenter injury (update - put on notice)

Since Rex apparently has no viable plan B, what good does it do to call out Carpenter, who was one of the best kickers in the league last year? Shouldn't he be saying something like "we aren't worried. We have confidence that Dan will come through when the games matter."??? I don't get it.

You realize that no HC has a viable plan B for kicker?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I feel like this season we will be lucky to win 4 games? Our GM let the captain of the team go, we have the worst starting QB in the league, and we have a coach who is ruining the confidence of one of the best kickers in the league. I have never felt such a sense of gloom at the beginning of a season.

Why do I feel like this season we will be lucky to win 4 games? Our GM let the captain of the team go, we have the worst starting QB in the league, and we have a coach who is ruining the confidence of one of the best kickers in the league. I have never felt such a sense of gloom at the beginning of a season.

You dear Sir, I believe would be in the minority RE: your outlook at the beginning of the season.

Since Rex apparently has no viable plan B, what good does it do to call out Carpenter, who was one of the best kickers in the league last year? Shouldn't he be saying something like "we aren't worried. We have confidence that Dan will come through when the games matter."??? I don't get it.

You realize there are a Hundred dudes that can be an 87% FG Kicker in the NFL.

If Carpenter isn't one of those dudes anymore you can easily get a replacement.

Edited by 1B4IDie

I can't believe the Bills sold over 60K season tickets with such rampant pessimism. :rolleyes:

15 years of no playoffs, many of those utterly pathetic and now that the Bills will arguably field the best team of this era you've "never felt such a sense of gloom at the beginning of a season?"

While I agree that they shouldn't have let Freddie go that doesn't equate to only winning 4 games. This team is easily better than last year's squad.

You dear Sir, I believe would be in the minority RE: your outlook at the beginning of the season.

I know. I'm trying to remain upbeat but I have a bad feeling about this season. In addition to my concerns avbove, it should be noted that we have a whole slew of knuckleheads on the team.

Since most NFL teams don't waste a roster spot on an extra kicker, I have no problem whatsoever with Rex calling out Carpenter for his mediocre play this preseason. I hope it is just rust because of the injury. I'm not worried about Carp's confidence.

Maybe his focus isn't quite there.

@dancarpenterNFL

Today I had to do one of the hardest things I have ever done. RIP Rylee we love you and miss you! #11GreatYears

CN3BWDdUYAAsDN2.jpg

@KaelaCarpenter

She gave us 11 true years of pure friendship. Today she had to leave. We could never have asked for a better dog.... http://fb.me/38DGzWV8v

The sky is falling. The sky is falling. Chill out. I can promise you this team will win more than 4 games. Relax man.

Not true. Some teams bring FAs to camp to compete with their vet kickers. Not saying the Bills should have, but that Rex needs to back off of The Mullet in this situation.

I know. I'm trying to remain upbeat but I have a bad feeling about this season. In addition to my concerns avbove, it should be noted that we have a whole slew of knuckleheads on the team.

That's because as a Bills fan you are programmed for failure. You don't know what success is. Even when it happens, you think failure.

Agree. You don't psyche out your own kicker.

Guess we will be seeing every ex-Jets kicker at OBD trying out this week, lmao!

All I know is if they replace Carpenter the dude better be able to kick...not smart to replace a proven guy with exceptional production especially in our conditions over the last few years with some random player cause he misses a few kicks coming off injury.

Anyone can kick in a dome or in Miami...not many can successfully kick in blowing and drifting snow with swirling winds that seemingly change minute to minute on the field and do different things at opposite ends of the field. Easily the toughest kicking environment in the NFL

Edited by matter2003

Guess we will be seeing every ex-Jets kicker at OBD trying out this week, lmao!

All I know is if they replace Carpenter the dude better be able to kick...not smart to replace a proven guy with exceptional production especially in our conditions over the last few years with some random player cause he misses a few kicks coming off injury.

Anyone can kick in a dome or in Miami...not many can successfully kick in blowing and drifting snow with swirling winds that seemingly change minute to minute on the field and do different things at opposite ends of the field. Easily the toughest kicking environment in the NFL

If they intend to bring someone else in, one possibility would be whomever loses the TB job between Connor Barth and Patrick Murray.

You should go visit the negative thread.

If they intend to bring someone else in, one possibility would be whomever loses the TB job between Connor Barth and Patrick Murray.

Don't you think they give Gay a shot to compete, if they are looking for a full time kicker?