Bills training camp practice 8/7

Hogan has been a very strong special teamer for us, is one of the better athletes and route runners on the team, and is coming off a very productive growth year where he really turned a corner. He may also be the hardest worker at his position group. It's hard to envision a scenario in which his roster spot is in any sort of jeopardy. Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Hogan, and Easley are all roster locks. Goodwin and Thigpen are likely battling against each other, and other position groups, to justify their spot as a 6th wideout/kick returner. Goodwin's injury history and his current injury, as well as Thigpen's positional versatility, probably aren't helping him.

he is probably one of the top 6 or 7 route runners on the team, but most of our players don't run routes... Probably not better than Watkins , Woods, Harvin, Clay,... He is a WR after all, he should be a good route runner. No praise for that.

How is he a better athlete than any other skill position player, or LB or DB, RB.....?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tidbits form Astro

Dean Kindig@TCBILLS_Astro 10m

#Bills are going to like what Randell Johnson brings for pass rush depth. I'm also glad to see Carrington back with us. #BillsMafia

Dean Kindig@TCBILLS_Astro 7m

Bryce Brown's second fumble in two days ends it for him. Looks like Shady, FredEx, and Karlos with Boobie on cusp, pending 6 WRs or 2 FBs

Dean Kindig@TCBILLS_Astro 2m

Preston Brown has been money this week. Sniffing out Cassel's throw to Robert Woods was child's play. He's on a Pro Bowl course #Bills

Neither of their QBs pulled it down to run in 7 on 7 s. No balls hitting the ground, and yes McCown looks better than Cassell in practice.

i was there... Plenty of times they pulled it down to run and plenty of balls hit the ground. Oh and update: Thad Lewis is still bad. Edited by YoloinOhio

i was there... Plenty of times they pulled it down to run and plenty of balls hit the ground. Oh and update: Thad Lewis is still bad.

Must be nfl network selective coverage then. Each 7 on 7 was executed perfectly on TV

Must be nfl network selective coverage then. Each 7 on 7 was executed perfectly on TV

lol

Edit: I thought they looked good overall. Their defense looked very nasty, better than last year. The QBs were ok but not great - Manziel a little better than mccown but they seemed really jittery in the pocket. I was really surprised by their OL- they had no protection and the QBs kind of having to get the ball out really fast and tons of pressure. I thought their OL would be very solid this year but their RT especially - oof.

Mccown had accuracy issues. Manziel has a very quick release but seems to throw it only only one speed (darts) and not going through progressions.

Secondary and LBs were impressive. Their pass catchers are mediocre but better than last year. Hartline was extra salty for some reason and jawing with the refs the whole time.

Looking forward to seeing them vs Bills.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hogan has been a very strong special teamer for us, is one of the better athletes and route runners on the team, and is coming off a very productive growth year where he really turned a corner. He may also be the hardest worker at his position group. It's hard to envision a scenario in which his roster spot is in any sort of jeopardy. Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Hogan, and Easley are all roster locks. Goodwin and Thigpen are likely battling against each other, and other position groups, to justify their spot as a 6th wideout/kick returner. Goodwin's injury history and his current injury, as well as Thigpen's positional versatility, probably aren't helping him.

This and I would put Hogan ahead of Goodwin as far as playing WR.

I don't recall much of hogan on special teams. I know he played it but I wouldn't call him very strong at it. I would call him an average special teams guy and a below average slot receiver. I wouldn't call him one of the better route runners either. As someone already said he on many occasions runs his routes short of the first down marker on third down. He's a try hard guy and that's about it. Any time I ask people outside of this board why they think he's good the answer is usually the same "uhh... he's white."

I don't recall much of hogan on special teams. I know he played it but I wouldn't call him very strong at it. I would call him an average special teams guy and a below average slot receiver. I wouldn't call him one of the better route runners either. As someone already said he on many occasions runs his routes short of the first down marker on third down. He's a try hard guy and that's about it. Any time I ask people outside of this board why they think he's good the answer is usually the same "uhh... he's white."

That's an embarrassing post right there.

from a link above ....

We recap all of those recaps here, distilling for major themes and pointing out unique observations from the many excellent beat reporters at camp.

Most now seem to agree that if anyone is going to rise to challenge Matt Cassel for the gig, it'll be Taylor - unless Manuel finally finds his consistency.

They KEEP thinking it's Meh's job. That just isn't so.

Tackle praise: Plenty of good things are being said about the Bills' offensive tackles right now. Cordy Glenn is on the receiving end of most of that, as he's had Jerry Hughes' number so far in one-on-one battles.

the Bills really need to re-sign Glenn

We're in DE purgatory! Waste of money on Hughes! I blame Whaley for not aggressively addressing the DE position!

Tackle praise: Plenty of good things are being said about the Bills' offensive tackles right now. Cordy Glenn is on the receiving end of most of that, as he's had Jerry Hughes' number so far in one-on-one battles.

the Bills really need to re-sign Glenn

Its inconceivable to me to think that they wouldn't find a way to sign him.

Not from what I saw. That last series with Johnny Football ended with a pull down and sack before Conner Shaw took over.

and yea, John still needs a lot of work , as he kept watching just the primary receiver from what I saw.