Blue & White Scrimmage 8/8 6pm

Rex announced yesterday that Saturday's scheduled night practice will be an actual scrimmage and will be a defining time for the QB competition. He compared its importance to a preseason game. Anyone know if there will be full tackling?

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan hints that evaluation of QBs will heat up later this week, especially at an instrasquad scrimmage Saturday: http://t.co/mX6iZXVWer

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex announced yesterday that Saturday's scheduled night practice will be an actual scrimmage and will be a defining time for the QB competition. He compared its importance to a preseason game. Anyone know if there will be full tackling?

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan hints that evaluation of QBs will heat up later this week, especially at an instrasquad scrimmage Saturday: http://t.co/mX6iZXVWer

I wonder if Murph will do another play by play report like he did at yesterday's practice. That was a nice touch and insightful!

I like the idea. By then they'll have had today off to review the tape. They'll be at the end of the second group of practices, so they'll all have had some time to get acclimated.

It's like Rex is scripting a game show. No one cares who wins the first round of jeopardy, it's who runs away with it in double jeopardy :P

I wonder if Murph will do another play by play report like he did at yesterday's practice. That was a nice touch and insightful!

I presume he will do full play-by-play just as he did a couple of years ago when the Bills ran a similar scrimmage at camp.

I presume he will do full play-by-play just as he did a couple of years ago when the Bills ran a similar scrimmage at camp.

Only thing that may deter this is that it is a Saturday. Typically no murph on the radio on weekends. Hopefully they put him to work

If it's a scrimmage,I would assume there would be tackling.

I inferred from what Rex said is that he will have the offense gameplan against the defense, and the defense gameplan against the offense, and he will get a better idea, especially from the QBs, as to who is better prepared to actually run the plays called in a game type setting. I like that idea.