THE linchpin to a successful season is?

For me it is o-line play. If that unit comes together and finds itself above average the running game will work and mediocre QB play will be a possibility based on decent protection. Mediocre QB play will, IMO, be enough to get to the playoffs based on the defense & ST.

Below average o-line play won't allow even mediocre QB play to become a reality.

Yes, after all this time I would call the playoffs a successful season.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it is o-line play. If that unit comes together and finds itself above average the running game will work and mediocre QB play will be a possibility based on decent protection. Mediocre QB play will, IMO, be enough to get to the playoffs based on the defense & ST.

Below average o-line play won't allow even mediocre QB play to become a reality.

I agree, but I'll narrow it down to: run blocking.

Of course we need improvement in run blocking, but I expect improvement with Felton leading the way.

For me, minimizing the inevitable mistakes that will come with new coaching/schemes/and as many as 7 new players on offense.

+1

It's a passing league. It all comes down to our CB's (hence the reason we picked Darby). If we can stop Tanneyhill, Brady and whoever the Jets have (along with Luck, Romo, Eli Manning), we win a lot of games 14-10 or 17-14.

The second linchpin is Beer

QB, of course.

Respect ur opinion, but the Bills are apparently really only needing a caretaker/game manager. With good O-line play, it won't really be as huge who is

under center, whoever it turns out to be.

None of these guys is running or completing any passes with constant D pressure.

IMO

It's QB play. If the QB can have a 2:1 TD to INT ratio and move the chain on 3rd down the Bills will be in the playoffs. They basically need a QB to minimize mistakes and make a few plays at important times. They don't need them to win the games but they need to keep them on the field.