Chris Williams released

Oh I thought he was coming on just as a camp body.

He was i think the person i responded to forgot we picked him up. The poster made reference to the 2 failed o linemen being incognito and williams. I was just saying I think Wayne Hunter was the other bad o lineman referenced.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way.....I adore Doug Whaley......

BUT

You are 0 for 2 on free agent offensive linemen.......you draft like a genious.....but someone else needs to handle the free agent offensive linemen

Good linemen are very tough(expensive) to acquire, and seem to under produce quite often. I don't think that should be put on Whaley.

Only the most ardent homers actually thought the guy would stay healthy. Good thing Rex has more power now in terms of personnel and Whaley's essentially playing a supporting role getting what Ryan says.

Back injuries typically don't go completely away for NFL players. Hopefully "Dealer" Doug has learned his lesson.

Only the most ardent homers actually thought the guy would stay healthy. Good thing Rex has more power now in terms of personnel and Whaley's essentially playing a supporting role getting what Ryan says.

Back injuries typically don't go completely away for NFL players. Hopefully "Dealer" Doug has learned his lesson.

Huh?

Link?

I love how you focus on the one move that didn't work out for Whaley instead of the many more that did. But that' Bills glass has to stay half empty for you huh? :)

Where do you come up with this stuff?

someone better inform Whaley he's Rex's secretary now. Excuse me, "administrative assistant." Edited by YoloinOhio

I love how you focus on the one move that didn't work out for Whaley instead of the many more that did. But that' Bills glass has to stay half empty for you huh? :)

First, the org chart changed this off-season and the HC no longer reports to the GM. Second, this team is being built to Rex's specifications, not the way Whaley tried in the wake of Nix's tenure. Rex wants tough defense, specifically good corner play to go along with a run heavy offense with a big OL leading the way. And so, Whaley and Rex (EDIT:) signed Incognito, traded for McCoy, then drafted a CB with their first pick and OG with their second selection (third round).

I see Whaley performing his duties in a way similar to John Schneider. Carroll essentially provides guidance on what types of players he wants, and Schneider obtains options for the HC, who picks the players. It's not a shaming of Schneider, but Carroll in essence picked him as GM.

Pro Personnel has been an issue in Buffalo for a long time now and I'm not sure it's been aligned properly with rebuilding a football team. But that's for another day and certainly the rebuilding should be over.

Edited by BillsVet

First, the org chart changed this off-season and the HC no longer reports to the GM. Second, this team is being built to Rex's specifications, not the way Whaley tried in the wake of Nix's tenure. Rex wants tough defense, specifically good corner play to go along with a run heavy offense with a big OL leading the way. And so, Whaley and Rex (EDIT:) signed Incognito, traded for McCoy, then drafted a CB with their first pick and OG with their second selection (third round).

I see Whaley performing his duties in a way similar to John Schneider. Carroll essentially provides guidance on what types of players he wants, and Schneider obtains options for the HC, who picks the players. It's not a shaming of Schneider, but Carroll in essence picked him as GM.

Pro Personnel has been an issue in Buffalo for a long time now and I'm not sure it's been aligned properly with rebuilding a football team. But that's for another day and certainly the rebuilding should be over.

The Bills have a collaborative process -- which is how it should work with every organization. If the GM and HC aren't on the same page it makes no sense -- a la Marrone and Whaley the past two years. That doesn't mean Whaley is completely deferring to Rex on all personnel decisions (as you have implied).

History has shown that Rex takes a back seat to his GM, so I don't see this as being possible.