Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

The appeal will NOT be based on the facts of whether or not the balls were deflated at Brady's or anyone elses direction. The NFLPA has already laid out what the appeal will likely be based on:

The NFL had no policy that applied to players;

The NFL provided no notice of any such policy or potential discipline to players;

The NFL resorted to a nebulous standard of “general awareness” to predicate a legally unjustified punishment;

The NFL had no procedures in place until two days ago to test air pressure in footballs; and

The NFL violated the plain meaning of the collective bargaining agreement.

If that is a basis for a lawsuit, Brady's text messages won't be relevant. And therefore its unlikely a supboena would be granted for those records.

Tom Brady the week before (after the Ravens game):

"Maybe those guys gotta study the rule book and figure it out," Brady said. "We obviously knew what we were doing and we made some pretty important plays. It was a real good weapon for us. Maybe we'll have something in store next week."

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have felt since the beginning of this is that the appropriate punishment is to allow every team to inflate/deflate their own teams balls to any level they want when facing the patriots this season. Then all of fans that have never played a down in the NFL can see how big of a deal it really is. Based on the resounding chorus of "f'n cheaters" I see thrown around, presumably the patriots would go 0-16 in 2015, and the world would know they snookered the world for the last 15 years, and they were never good.

If on the other hand it turns out to have less of an impact on games than having linemen who are skilled at holding without getting caught, or having corners who know how to get away with illegal contact, or head coaches that know how to run a pick play without getting called, then we will all know the entire thing is a tempest in a teapot.

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

I just watched Polian on ESPN. From what he said:

A) Goddell's writeup of is the disciplinary section of his appeal denial was well crafted and seems rather convincing.

B) It looks rather difficult that an injunction would be obtained.

C) Federal judges really don't like to contest binding arbitration. If people constantly break binding arbitration, what is the point of binding arbitration?

My favorite is how deflategate is going to create a national ripple in supreme court process.

Yes, Tom Brady and his deflating scandal is going to change how the supreme Court system works.

I liked the thread about how Brady provided a spreadsheet with the names of everyone he texted.....the NFL was supposed to go get all of those people's records which would have essentially given them Brady's records. They bought into this completely ignoring the fact that Brady might not have provided the complete list and also ignoring the fact that they couldn't necessarily get text records from all of these other people just for the asking. It goes on for pages. It is really pathetic.

They're complaining that at the hearing Brady provided a list of people he had spoken to.

The CBA clearly states that such information needs to be provided before the hearing.

Pats fans are complaining that the NFL should've acted on that info, even though it wasn't provided to them during the investigation process. lol

I liked the thread about how Brady provided a spreadsheet with the names of everyone he texted.....the NFL was supposed to go get all of those people's records which would have essentially given them Brady's records. They bought into this completely ignoring the fact that Brady might not have provided the complete list and also ignoring the fact that they couldn't necessarily get text records from all of these other people just for the asking. It goes on for pages. It is really pathetic.

I also read way too far into that thread. Practical? blah bla blah.. Spyhate, blah bla, cellphone "destroyed" ??? wtf...

I almost went to the kitchen to grab a stack of toothpicks so I could jam them in my eyes.

Agreed. And someone needs to explain to the union how the court process would work. If I'm other players paying union dues, I'm wondering why my leadership is wasting money defending someone who intentionally destroyed evidence when there are more pressing matters for it to be working on.

Exactly how I feel about it. If I was in this union I would be pissed off they were wasting my money on this guy only. Why should the rest of the league have to pay for him destroying evidence and and having privileged attitude about the whole thing.

So being as dim as frog asleep.

The suit is about Goodell and his ability to be neutral? and or making a decision to pursue punishments with out just cause ?

Does the suit have anything to do with Brady or anyones else guilt in the deflating. and or does it have anything to do with him destroying or avoiding/ not providing potential evidence.

please write slowly so i can understand> btw i always read the whole thread and i have followed this since day one.

Is this one of those things where you attack the east wall and it isnt working someone runs around to the west wall to distract them?

I also read way too far into that thread. Practical? blah bla blah.. Spyhate, blah bla, cellphone "destroyed" ??? wtf...

I almost went to the kitchen to grab a stack of toothpicks so I could jam them in my eyes.

After the first 5 or 6 posts it's all just a bunch of whining.

So being as dim as frog asleep.

The suit is about Goodell and his ability to be neutral? and or making a decision to pursue punishments with out just cause ?

Does the suit have anything to do with Brady or anyones else guilt in the deflating. and or does it have anything to do with him destroying or avoiding/ not providing potential evidence.

please write slowly so i can understand> btw i always read the whole thread and i have followed this since day one.

Is this one of those things where you attack the east wall and it isnt working someone runs around to the west wall to distract them?

For the most part yes. They are likely only going to go after goodell for being biased to which there is almost no proof other than not recusing himself from the appeal.

Man how awful does brady look to the world at this point?

everyone hated him but respected him. Now everyone hates him and no longer respects him.

Can't you just see it? Brady comes back after a 1 game suspension, ready to prove the world wrong. He lights us up and has a heroic post-game interview. Very classic bills.

It would be the ultimate Billsy moment. And now it looks like he'd get more and potentially a worse time.

Can't you just see it? Brady comes back after a 1 game suspension, ready to prove the world wrong. He lights us up and has a heroic post-game interview. Very classic bills.

He's either going to serve all 4 or none is my stance on it.

I still think it's funny how pats fan complain about the money spent on the investigation yet are happy to go through a long court process that will probably cost the NFL and NFLPA the same if not more.

It would be the ultimate Billsy moment. And now it looks like he'd get more and potentially a worse time.

I'd personally be fine with someone going after him late on every play for his "above the law" attitude. Any team he plays that is. Edited by The Wiz

Or... he comes back. and we get after his ...

and then Lawson gets suspended for the season just because Brady's panties got pulled over his head in an atomic wedgie on national tv. while Rex laughs at his prank and takes him and the team for snacks. pan to the left and Kraft is laughing too

Thats going to be classic Bills.

the view has changed Son.

Look at this. All of you wallowing in self-disgust superstition that we will continue to be a down-on-our-luck sicken me.

Wake up. It's a new era with a new coach and new owner. I don't care whether or not Brady serves the 4 game suspension or has it overturned somehow. I am confident in the new ownership and coach that we can beat the Patriots with or without Brady. We have the weapons and great coaches to do so. Look what Ryan did against Belichick in the playoffs in 2009.

If Brady somehow plays the Bills in Week 2, all the better when we win against them to prove to the world we are not the same ol' crappy Bills.