Jadeveon Clowney still not ready to play - on PUP list

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy isn't a bust. Sammy is, though. :bag:

Has one human being on planet earth called Sammy Watkins a bust ever?

I heard he was also put on the MUP list.

(Mentally Unable to Perform)

100% Bust

Imo

The guy looked like a complete beast when he was in there last year. My interpretation of a bust is a player who can't hack it, not someone who falls victim to unfortunate injuries. Give the guy a minute, would ya?

Isn't the surgery he had basically a career ender for athletes? I may be mistaken but the explosiveness doesn't come back.

Revis just revealed this week or maybe last that he actually had microfracture surgery on his knee as well when he was out. He said he finally felt 100% in like week 6 or 7 LAST SEASON. His injury was in October of 2012. It's a long recovery process and a painful one, but you can come back from it. You are probably more thinking of older athletes and taller athletes (NBA's Greg Oden for example) where it is much more difficult to come back from.

Certainly not an easy road, but if he works the rehab the right way, he can come back full speed.

Isn't the surgery he had basically a career ender for athletes? I may be mistaken but the explosiveness doesn't come back.

Yes. Microfracture surgery usually means a player comes back a shadow of his former self. Clowney's entire game is built around his explosiveness off the ball. It's safe to say there is little chance he will return as the domimant player he was before. Damned shame.

GO BILLS!!!

I know plus we traded 2 picks and didn't get one in return. Plus we could have traded one of those other picks for 2 more picks so we essentially traded 4 picks for nothing.

Ugh, the worst. 4 picks, and all we got was the worst WR taken in the first round, he can't even take a hit without complaining that his ribs are broken. Ugh.

that surgery sucks. i had it 8 years ago on my left knee and now it is basically worthless. i was an extremely active athlete person and now if i'm on my feet all day i'm limping. sports are out, other than a little cycling. no more running, no more beer league hockey, no more ultimate frisbee...i have a buddy who plays rugby and i was about to take it up but that is out of the question now.

the rehab is pretty miserable (what rehab isn't, i guess). i spent 6 weeks post-surgery on a couch with my leg in a machine that flexes/extends the knee slowly once per minute. 8 to 12 hours a day of that. oh and my wife was pregnant, so i couldn't help her with anything. You can imagine what a pleasant mood everyone was in.

It took almost two years for the pain to go away so that i could walk around without pain. i know other people have had better results, but there are a lot of stories like mine. Knowing what it is like for me I really hope that kid is able to pull it together and do what he loves again.

honestly some days it hurts so bad i'd have been luckier to have my leg amputated at the knee so i could run on one of those prosthetic legs that look like leaf springs.

So, good luck Jadaveon Clowney. I hope you make a full recovery.

Has one human being on planet earth called Sammy Watkins a bust ever?

The guy looked like a complete beast when he was in there last year. My interpretation of a bust is a player who can't hack it, not someone who falls victim to unfortunate injuries. Give the guy a minute, would ya?

Nope. poor work ethic. he is going to bust> i agree with Leroi.

The way he tried to save himself his last college season has bit his arse hard.

and even though its wrong as hell. its been suggested that Sammy might bust> wait was that Marrone?

I will eat the crow if J C recovers and shows why he was drafted so high.

big risk i thought. stupid texanz